Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 11:57 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default how do i get my sims 3 game to have a 60fps cap or Vsync?
the game drops fps like crazy it goes 170fps and then drops to 110fps its annoying cause it freezes the game for a couple of sec

any application that will either give it a 60fps cap or Vsync? so the game would run smoother?
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 12:04 PM
This thread may help : http://modthesims.info/t/445629

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 1:21 PM
It's also worth noting that not using vSync with this game will eventually damage your video card, so yeah...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 9:57 PM
Unfortunately that method posted does not work with the newer base games, that require origin despite being on a disc. There isn't any way to bypass the launcher with this version of the game.

I haven't found a way to use vsync without bypassing the launcher. It might work to force it through your graphic card settings, as long as you have an nvidia card. My radeon card settings don't limit the fps at all. If anybody knows a way to still limit the fps in some way, I'd love to know. Because I am not that keen on damaging my video card, but I would also really like to play my game.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 10:17 PM
I use a HD Radeon card. RadeonPro works well for me.

http://www.radeonpro.info/
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 10:32 PM
Thanks, I will give this a try.
Top Secret Researcher
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 12:02 AM
My game wouldn't start with RadeonPro installed. Does using this program also require bypassing the launcher?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 5:40 AM
Yes, you'll need to start the game with RadeonPro as your launcher.
You need to create a profile that then points to (triggers) TSW3.exe
Main features for the profile:
Overdrive: Select your graphics card
Launcher: None,
Tweaks: Check Triple buffering, Display Refresh rate: 60, dynamic frame rate control: 60.

Hope that helps! These are my settings.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 5:51 AM
Unfortunately I do have the newer version of the basegame, that makes it impossible to bypass the launcher. My Sims3/Game/Bin directory is located under Origin Games and the TSW3.exe opens Origin. I need to use Origin to even start the launcher.

I have researched that a little and there seems to be no known way to bypass the launcher with any Base Game available in retail since sometime in 2012. RadeonPro looks to have an option to use a launcher as well, but none of the exe files in my program files even point to the launcher, because the launcher can only be started through Origin.

I guess I need to play without vsync and carefully monitor my temperatures.

Thanks for the link to RadeonPro anyway. Maybe I`ll find a way to use it in the future.