Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2017 at 4:14 PM
Default Messed up textures
I tried to convert this doll from ts2 to ts3 but I don't understand how textures work. Last time greenplumbop helped me but I don't know how to do it myself.\\

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st May 2017 at 6:30 PM
Looks like a UV mapping issue to me. But you're right, let's ask someone more knowledgeable than me. @Greenplumbbob?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 1st May 2017 at 8:24 PM
Seems like you gave the right answer GP! yeah you totally want to remap that. or did you clone that ts3 store doll? If not, you could also check whether you exported them right:

In milkshape, in the groups tab, you see this list of your meshes. You should list them like this:

group_0
group_1

if you turn those two around, it will mess up your textures too! ^-^

EDIT: I moved it to object creation by the way. Patterns are actually... well just meant for patterns ^- ~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st May 2017 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Seems like you gave the right answer GP! yeah you totally want to remap that. or did you clone that ts3 store doll? If not, you could also check whether you exported them right:

In milkshape, in the groups tab, you see this list of your meshes. You should list them like this:

group_0
group_1

if you turn those two around, it will mess up your textures too! ^-^

EDIT: I moved it to object creation by the way. Patterns are actually... well just meant for patterns ^- ~

That doll is not from the store http://disemporium.dreamwidth.org/18874.html#cutid1

Is remap posible only with milkshake? Also there's 2 img in doll file but in ts3 only is one for overlay. I've waited for years that someone convert this dolls. But everyone seems in ts2 or ts4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd May 2017 at 8:44 AM Last edited by martlet : 2nd May 2017 at 9:32 AM.
I hate T$R

AND resolt is the same in TSRW as in first photo. Is there other option?

How do I make fase?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2017 at 10:29 AM
Baydeway - has anyone know simblr who take request for conversion?
Virtual gardener
#7 Old 2nd May 2017 at 10:23 PM
Err we don't really do requests on here, I used to convert things, but in your case it might be the mask turning it into a mess. Did you try deleting it entirely? Second question, did you keep the group names listed in your latest Milkshape images? I do have another trick if all fails.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd May 2017 at 10:09 AM Last edited by martlet : 3rd May 2017 at 3:31 PM.
Err we don't really do requests on here, I used to convert things, but in your case it might be the mask turning it into a mess. Did you try deleting it entirely? Second question, did you keep the group names listed in your latest Milkshape images? I do have another trick if all fails.
1 no 2 yes 3 i got 2 img files for overlay section and i cant put it together,😑 some ppl on tumblr do take request but i gues you need to make sacrifice to a devil or something or they do it only for "friends"
I suspect that 2 pictures (head and body) is a problem. I tried to find tutorial on my native language but no word on that
Virtual gardener
#9 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:51 AM
Lol yeah, of course it depends on the person, but it usually is a 'eh- nah not for you' thing Anyway! I wouldn't mind taking a look at it and explaining what you did wrong Package file, TSRW or sims3pack is totally fine!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th May 2017 at 4:52 PM
Lol yeah, of course it depends on the person, but it usually is a 'eh- nah not for you' thing Anyway! I wouldn't mind taking a look at it and explaining what you did wrong Package file, TSRW or sims3pack is totally fine!

Thanks Greeny! That would be great
Forgot to mention - I try to make it playable from teddy bear
I did all from this video (although that is tutorial about decor object)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IvA0EQ5itQ&t=80s
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  victoriandoll.7z (8.40 MB, 3 downloads) - View custom content
Virtual gardener
#11 Old 4th May 2017 at 11:37 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 4th May 2017 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Oops wrong file!
First things first, I would ALywas call your Project name something like 'TS2 to TS3 doll as teddybear by marlet' or something like that. Else, your project WILL get overrided by someone who used the same name as you for their projects.

Secondly, seems like you accidentally merged 2 groups to one group! Which... won't work well. However, I set up the groups in TSRW that's not exactly recommended but in this case, will come in handy. Will explain that in a bit.

Then, we have the arms positions. I fixed the arms positions because in order to make it work with the teddy bear's animations in-game and to apply the bones correctly on your mesh is. If you're lazy just like me, go check this out! : http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...664#post4933664

I did add the bones already though, so it should work.

Alright, the separated, non-linked texture thing... here we go, what I did...:

Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS2 to TS3 doll as teddybear by marlet.zip (1.31 MB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Your mesh!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th May 2017 at 9:58 AM
First things first, I would ALywas call your Project name something like 'TS2 to TS3 doll as teddybear by marlet' or something like that. Else, your project WILL get overrided by someone who used the same name as you for their projects.

Secondly, seems like you accidentally merged 2 groups to one group! Which... won't work well. However, I set up the groups in TSRW that's not exactly recommended but in this case, will come in handy. Will explain that in a bit.

Then, we have the arms positions. I fixed the arms positions because in order to make it work with the teddy bear's animations in-game and to apply the bones correctly on your mesh is. If you're lazy just like me, go check this out! : http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...664#post4933664

I did add the bones already though, so it should work.

Alright, the separated, non-linked texture thing... here we go, what I did...:

Thanks so much for the instruction!!!
I'll try that. Three dolls more to go. Lord help me! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th May 2017 at 10:37 AM

OK, but why this program give this? I did all as in tutorial. Also is there another way to assign bones?
Virtual gardener
#14 Old 5th May 2017 at 11:37 AM
AS explained in the reply I sent you, you wanna rename, in Milkshape, the groups to 'group_base'. Of course, keep in mind that you have ONE group. I usually do this whenever I have 2:

- import both groups, rename both 'group_base' (without the 's though). into MSD3 (milkshape)
- Delete one of the groups. Now you have, say the face's mesh, which is still being called 'group_base'
- export that one as a WSO
-CTRL+Z and do all these steps again for the 'body'' mesh group

NOTE: do the same thing with the reference mesh!!

Though, I did add the bones and such to your mesh already so I'm not sure why you're redoing the progress of adding bones?

Thing you could try of course! Is export the WRK. package file, and reimporting that. Whiiiich sounds kinda confusing though So another step by step thingy;
- Open my WRK. file.
- Go to edit>projects content
- In a new window, export> and name it something like 'TS2 to TS3 doll as teddybear by marlet'

then, close the project, if not, close TSRW or at least, a way to get back to the home menu of TSRW,

- Click 'create new project'
- In the next window, click on 'new import'
- Then, you want to point it to your TS2 to TS3 doll as teddybear by marlet package. Do make sure you switched the 'wrk.' thingy to .package' in the path finding window thingy.
- And rename the project's name, because else you'll end up with a default replacement for the package file we just exported!!

And now you just need to replace the textures! :D

One thing though, I guess you noticed it already, but you still need to fix the specular map and mask, cuz I didn't edit that for you. It's all covered in this tutorial though if you're wondering about it: https://youtu.be/-1a2rtxloNM?t=12m37s
For some reason they didn't cover the specular map thingy, probably because they didn't know how to. Anyways, Murfeelee made a pretty helpful guide!: http://murfeelee.tumblr.com/post/14...tive-fruit-bowl

Hope this helps! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th May 2017 at 11:58 AM Last edited by martlet : 5th May 2017 at 12:28 PM.

Ok the result is the same
And theres 4 of them
http://disemporium.dreamwidth.org/18874.html#cutid1
Virtual gardener
#16 Old 5th May 2017 at 1:04 PM
Did you changed the textures in the groups> material tab? By the way, you didn't use the 6,082769E-05 in my tutorial right, but the group's default 'diffuse u v selector' data?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th May 2017 at 1:14 PM
Did you changed the textures in the groups> material tab? By the way, you didn't use the 6,082769E-05 in my tutorial right, but the group's default 'diffuse u v selector' data?

Virtual gardener
#18 Old 5th May 2017 at 1:23 PM
It seems like you didn't open and use the package file I mentioned in my previous reply
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th May 2017 at 1:34 PM
It seems like you didn't open and use the package file I mentioned in my previous reply

I repeat all the steps several times and no results. IDK what could be wrong/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th May 2017 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by martlet
I repeat all the steps several times and no results. IDK what could be wrong/

Ok, I'll ask someone on tumblr if they willing to convert them at least as deco objects
Mad Poster
#21 Old 24th May 2017 at 11:34 PM
@Martlet, I don't know which one you'll see first, but check your IM at Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th May 2017 at 9:04 AM
Bump. Does anyone wanna be my friend on tumblr and convert this dolls?
Selling my soul to Satan is not an option for me
Locked thread | Locked by: Greenplumbbob Reason: Going a bit off topic, and requests aren't exactly allowed ^- ~