Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#276 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:56 AM
Well it would save the heart break ...... It didnt really mean to come out like that..... sorry

To save future heart break (because lets be honest it takes hours of work to do this, as I just found out)

I suggest read a few pages back in fast threads like these. Beautiful homes though xxoo good luck guys
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:04 AM
If we got our entries in a few hours to late for round 1 can we still compete in round 2? I really hope so...
Alchemist
#278 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:39 AM
Default Ocean Breeze Drive by triciamanly
My entry is a spacious 5 - 6 bedroom, 3.5 beach house with lots of floor to ceiling windows that let in light and beautiful views of ocean and landscape.

Here is a view from the street.
[IMG][/IMG]

The back of the house has a patio and balconies and next to the house is a detached garage.
[IMG][/IMG]

The first floor includes large formal living room, family room, kitchen and dining, guest bathroom, and guest bedroom with its own private bath.
[IMG][/IMG]

The second floor includes 4 bedrooms and a study. The master bedroom has a private bath. There is also a bath for the other bedrooms to share.
[IMG][/IMG]

The formal living room includes a cozy fireplace and it opens out onto the back patio.
[IMG][/IMG]

The kitchen and dining are conveniently located together.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Off the living room there is a family room with big screen TV.
[IMG][/IMG]

The private master bedroom opens on to the second floor balcony.
[IMG][/IMG]

The house also has a detached garage. The narrow space between the garage and house is landscaped with sunflowers to prevent sims from inadvertently getting stuck in there! I had a wonderful time building this house. I hope it shows!
Forum Resident
#279 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:46 AM
I don't see your photos. Aside from that, I'm sorry, but the round is over and entries are no longer being accepted. Do you think you could post the pictures in the Chat Thread? I'd love to see what you did.
Forum Resident
#280 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:57 AM Last edited by Winterhart : 19th Jul 2010 at 5:12 AM.
Default Same question with different hope.
HP, I ran across this message.

Quote: Originally posted by Sims2CrazyGurl
If we got our entries in a few hours to late for round 1 can we still compete in round 2? I really hope so...
Can someone who didn't get an entry into round 1 participate in round 2? I hope not! I really had to bust my backside to get in at #39. I was up for 24 hours straight to get that spot! I hope that once you're in you don't have to scramble for a spot in round 2. (getting ready to fire up the espresso machine) :lovestruc

***EDIT***

Another question. Does the house have to be playable? I have seen a couple where Sims wouldn't be able to move around because they would be too busy throwing routing tantrums.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#281 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
HP, I ran across this message.

Can someone who didn't get an entry into round 1 participate in round 2? I hope not! I really had to bust my backside to get in at #39. I was up for 24 hours straight to get that spot! I hope that once you're in you don't have to scramble for a spot in round 2. (getting ready to fire up the espresso machine) :lovestruc

I think new people should be able to join, but the originals (the people who made it into round 1) should get a reserved space.
Test Subject
#282 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
Because it was either until deadline or until the 50 spots filled up.

All spots were filled up yesterday and then they chose to extend it saying that the people who submit within the next x amount of hours is also in.

So that added 20 more spots as 20 more people submitted their entries

k, thanks...i didn't realize there was a 50 spot limit....
Forum Resident
#283 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:09 AM
I think new people should be able to join, but the originals (the people who made it into round 1) should get a reserved space.
That sounds all right.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#284 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:11 AM
Default Summer House
Welcome to Summer House -- a simple home that boasts beautiful scenery and encourages relaxation.. once the work is done, of course. Summer House was built along the St. Angelo River in the 1940s, but has recently been excellently refurbished with every effort to keep the home's original charm.

The gardens have been meticulously landscaped all around the home. There is a lovely front porch to greet visitors, and a grilling patio in the rear.

The interior has been decorated in coordinating colors. There is one bedroom, one office, 1.5 bathrooms, an open living room, dining area, and kitchen with bar.

Floor Plan:

The only CC in this lot is the car. But there are a few items from the store.
Test Subject
#285 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:25 AM Last edited by confuzzledone : 19th Jul 2010 at 5:26 AM. Reason: Because I type as good as a fish..
Ok. So I should've read today's posts before I posted my house. Oh well, I did the work, so if the least I can do is show it off, then so be it! Hope you guys like it.
Alchemist
#286 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:29 AM
I was getting so excited about this but it looks like its just sims 3, will there be one for us who still build for sims 2?

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
The other one
#287 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:34 AM
A lot of people seem to be panicking about having to fight for a space come round 2. I really can't see that happening because it would kinda defeat the point of it being a points based contest. All participants would need to participate in all of the same rounds so that they all have an equall shot at gaining maximum points. Also, it's how most fan run contests work on this site; the first round is the qualifying round and if you don't make it then you can't compete in the rest of the contest.
A lot of people have said this. There's already 70 contestants. Thats already a minimum of 560 images the judges have to assess (though quite a few people did more than the 8 allowed) as well as reading 70 house descriptions. The judges aren't getting paid for this, they're doing it in their own time, they have to draw the line somewhere.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#288 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:37 AM
Default Sims 3 Foundations Contest
Jane and Jeremy wanted a house. Not just any house, though-- they wanted a fixer upper. They came across a house that had been hit by a tornado; it was nothing but a slab of foundation. They purchased the house for only a small amount-- Jeremy had an uncle that had recently died and left them millions, so money was no object. This is the beautiful home they built:

A view from the street
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

The floor plan of the first floor

The Kitchen
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG] [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

The Living Room

The Second Floor

The Master Bedroom

The Bathroom-- The first pic is from behind a curtain, the second from the sink.
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG][IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

And now, Jane and Jeremy's pride and joy, the back yard!

There's plenty of room for their future little sims to run and play, without leaving the lot, of course. No one wants that!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#289 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:50 AM
Hey guys, just woke up and haven't had coffee yet so if something here doesn't make sense, please let me know.

I know some folks are disappointed about the closing of round 1. And I'm really, truly sorry about that. I would have loved everyone be able to participate as contestants and I truly do feel bad for you guys that didn't manage to get in. I know everyone worked very hard on their entries, and there are some that didn't quite make it in that looked really nice.

To be honest, I had no idea there would be this much interest! I did try my best to extend it a little bit, allowing an additional 7 hours to finish your entries and get them posted - which added an additional 20 participants we hadn't been planning on.

But this is a contest - not a challenge. So it's a competition, and there are rules - and since the very beginning, it did say limit 50 contestants. The time limit was for if we didn't get 50 contestants - if we'd gone to the deadline with only 47 people, then we would've gone ahead with 47.

As it is a contest, there is judging - that means real people (our staff, which are unpaid volunteers) have to go through every single entry, read all your text, look at all your pictures, and then evaluate your entry based on the criteria laid out in the "Scoring" section of the first post. This is going to take a lot of time with so many entries - especially because we have to look extra close to try to see if there's CC that maybe wasn't mentioned.

You can still post the pics and text for your entries in the Chat Thread (linked at the bottom of the first post). And, as a little bit of a compromise/consolation - whoever posts their entries per round in the Chat Thread and gets the most "Agrees" will get a special "users choice" mention here in the contest thread each round. It's not the same as being a participant, but it does still allow you guys who didn't manage to get a spot to participate in some way, and can be highlighted for excellence in your entries.

And we'll be doing another official contest very soon - and now we'll have a whole bunch of people who will have successfully participated in a contest, and can host their own unofficial contests. So you may not have been able to get in on this one, but there will be plenty of other chances in future to participate!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#290 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 8:38 AM
Round 1 is now closed for judging! Round 2 is up!

Page 12 of 12