Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 3:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Pets, Supernatural
Default Unable to extract download-can't get mods in game
Hey guys.

I've used mods before and I have had no problem getting them into my game. This is my first time using ModtheSims and when I download a file it's already unzipped. (i downloaded 7zip as requested). When my files show up they I don't see that they're named .sim, etc and nothing happens when I move them to the download folder.

I'm missing something and it started after downloading 7zip. Anyone know what's happening ?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 5:00 PM
What happens if you doubleclick on the downloaded file?

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 5:24 PM
Helloo i know how you feel i love my mods Sims is unplayable to me with out them! you should try using WinRAR extract its free and works really good for me i would delete my mods folder and zip and start over with using WinRAR extract there are videos on you tube to help you install it correctly.

The easiest one to follow -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYHRroB9E4w hope i helped and you get your mods! :D

Note- I think they updated mod the sims so you have to use WinRAR but i am not sure WinRAR works for downloading mods on any website
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 11:33 AM
WinRAR, 7-zip or indeed PeaZip (which I discovered all of two days ago) will all work equally as well as each other. You won't fix the problem by changing zip programs.

The files you download from here aren't unzipped by default, so I suspect that either you've got file extensions hidden so the zipped files look like they're not zipped, in which case the solution is to unzip them; or when you download them they're being automatically unzipped by a program on your computer - probably 7-zip, although if the files you've downloaded are .zip files then Windows can extract them, which can be very confusing because the window looks exactly like a normal folder - in which case the solution is to drag and drop them into the appropriate folder, or install them normally if they're sims3packs.

It'd help if you'd tell us more specifically what you're doing, step-by-step; also, I've moved this thread to the help forum (or rather, I was about to, but someone else beat me to it by seconds so I'm taking the credit ).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.