Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 4:44 AM
Default Categorizing hair for career.
Everyday: 0x00000007
Swimsuit: 0x00000008
PJs: 0x00000010
Formal: 0x00000020
Undies: 0x00000040
Athletic: 0x00000200
Outerwear: 0x00001000

Ok, but what it is for Career?
Even better, what would it be for ALL of them, including Maternity?

((Because honestly, I still don't understand what stops creators to fully categorize their hair to start with.))

I have a hair that says : 0x0000137F, and when my teen changes her outfit to go to work, she reverts to a game's hair style.
Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 7:17 PM
0x0000137F is the number you need to have the hair show up for every category (I think), though that obviously doesn't include the career. If the career doesn't have a custom hat or anything, though, I don't know why the hair should be reverting; I've had plenty of Sims use custom hairstyles to go to work.

Have you tried unlocking one of the career hairs in the game and then cloning it in Body Shop and checking the Category number? I'm not sure if unlocking it would make it revert to the Everyday category (which wouldn't be very helpful), but it's worth a try. I think there are tutorials about unlocking the career clothes and hair (I've never tried it, though).

Also, try looking at the Flags value. That might be affecting something.

I've found tutorials on how to add outfits to careers (and, presumably, you can do the same thing with hair), but it's kind of backwards from what you want to do. In that case, it's the career that's being altered to allow for the hair... not the hair being altered to allow it to be used for the career.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 11:15 PM
Right. I'll try looking into a career's hair as you proposed.
Unlocking might not be necessary, I could just look at it right in SimPE..I think.
But...when I looked at the hair my teen wears, I looked in the black color package, because this is what she has..is this ok?
I wish there was a batch edit fix for categorizing hair for outfits, too.
Thank you.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 1:38 AM
I would look at the other colours as well, just in case there's something different about the black hair that's causing it to not show up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 3:20 AM
Good idea, thanks

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 4:03 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 9th Nov 2014 at 5:22 PM.
Okay well..nothing seems to work.
I got her up in the middle of the night, to..change appearance - dress for work - change appearance - dress for work -change appearance - dress for work...
You get the picture.
CC hair, old and new..maxis hair, none stays on when she dress for work.
Everytime, she reverts to this .
So I created a new projet in BS, and chose that Maxis hair. Its category is 177F.
I edited 2 CC hair, put in 177F...Does not work.

EDIT
It seems to be a teen only issue, and not mods/hacks/CC related.
I made a vanilla game, created 2 parents and 3 teens.
Mom and one daughter both wear the same hairdo, are in the same career...mom keeps her hair, daughter turns into that same straight long hair. dammmmit.
The other daughter wears another hairdo, and still reverts to straight long hair.
Teen male also reverts to something else.

This is annoying.

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 3:49 PM
That's usually the hair that is defaulted to when the hair that the outfit is trying to use isn't available. That can happen when hairs get recategorized. What is her job, and does she switch to a different hair when you take ALL of your CC and mods out of the game?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 5:35 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 8th Jan 2015 at 8:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
That's usually the hair that is defaulted to when the hair that the outfit is trying to use isn't available. That can happen when hairs get recategorized. What is her job, and does she switch to a different hair when you take ALL of your CC and mods out of the game?

Well, then none of all the hair I have are available, CC or Maxis. Which can't be as adult female, male, have no problems keeping theirs.
The problems seems to be that it is defaulting even though, the hair they wear is indeed available. This is non sense.
The job was dance career. But any job does the same thing. Vanilla game or CC. And only for teens. Whatever the hair they wear for casual's category.
I gave up.
I stopped giving my teens, male or female, Maxis job, and instead, hire them in my business. This is the only way I found so they keep their hair.
This is not CC, this is how game works it seems.