Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 3:31 AM
What in the world...?
I made a mesh and linked it to a texture and when I opened it up in body shop...
I'm not even sure what to look for to find help...
also there are seams I wold like to get rid of on the sides and ankles
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 11:12 AM
That looks to me like you've ended up with two skeletons in your mesh, or with the adult skeleton in a child mesh. Is this an age conversion?

The seams are normals seams. I suspect you might have forgotten to untick the Autosmooth box in the Groups tab in Milkshape. You can fix the existing seams by selecting those vertices and running them through the Align Normals/Cat's Normals Smoother plugin, under the Vertex menu.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
That looks to me like you've ended up with two skeletons in your mesh, or with the adult skeleton in a child mesh. Is this an age conversion?

The seams are normals seams. I suspect you might have forgotten to untick the Autosmooth box in the Groups tab in Milkshape. You can fix the existing seams by selecting those vertices and running them through the Align Normals/Cat's Normals Smoother plugin, under the Vertex menu.

yeah I figured out what i did wrong with the seams lol...

but two skeletons? it only shows one for me... but maybe it's two of the same? it's not an age conversion but I think you're right with the 2 skeleton theory. I'll see if i can fix it.
If not... New question... how do i get rid of it? lol Thanks for replying the first time!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 10:49 PM
If milkshape isn't showing duplicates in the joints list, then you don't have a second skeleton. To try and shed some light, how did you make the mesh?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
If milkshape isn't showing duplicates in the joints list, then you don't have a second skeleton. To try and shed some light, how did you make the mesh?

Not sure what i did wrong in the beginning but I fixed it now.
I think you were right about the two skeletons so thanks!
btw I selected merge the first time
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 9:56 AM
Ohh yeah, that'll do it. In future, save the mesh part you want to combine using the Unimesh plugin. That way, when you import it over the top of your existing mesh, you'll get the "Do you want to include additional bone definitions?" dialogue, and hitting No will make sure you don't end up with two skeletons.