Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 9:47 AM
Default Problem extracting the mesh
When I try to extract the mesh of the Sims 2 game with SimPE appear all meshes except the adult hair, I just want to extract the mesh, to convert to the Sims 4, I have done this other times without problems, but this time I'm not succeeding.
Please help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 6:47 PM
If the extraction tool isn't working, you can just go into the game files and extract the GMDC (that should be all you need).
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 11:30 PM
Thank you for your answer, is there a tutorial that teaches to do that?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 7:15 PM
I don't know if there's a tutorial. It's pretty easy to do.

Go to C:\Program Files\Origin Games (or EA Games... depending on whether you're using the Ultimate Collection or the game disks)\The Sims 2\whichever EP the mesh is from\TSData\Res\3D (or Sims3D if it's the Base Game)\Sims03. (If you want the textures, too, the adults ones are in Sims08.) You'll need to know the file name to pick the right GMDC, but SimPE should be able to tell you that (it will be similar to the teen or elder mesh, just with "af" or "am" at the beginning).

I suggest getting familiar with this method, because it's so much easier than messing around with Body Shop and SimPE's extraction tool (which doesn't always find all the mesh parts). Plus, if you get the textures from the original game files, they won't be all grainy from Body Shop compression.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 7:32 PM