Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 8:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Custom world requirements?
Okay so this is probably a really stupid question, but I can't seem to find anything in the wiki or forums to answer it one way or the other.

So I have every EP except for Into the Future, but only have one SP (Town Life) My question is if a custom world was built using all the stuff packs, would my game not be compatible since I only own one SP? Or would it be treated the same as DLC and have something similar replace it from my existing objects? Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure SPs just add content, where the EPs affect actual gameplay, so I assume my SPs shouldn't matter. Just want to make sure before I download a custom world I can't use.

Thanks for looking! :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 9:02 AM
There's no such thing as a stupid question.

It would depend on the number of Stuff Pack assets used in the world build. The world build will load and replace anything missing like it does with DLC. But some parts of it might look like a random patchwork of items with no unifying theme or design.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 11:17 AM
Thanks for the answers! I'm not too worried if the items are replaced by random stuff, so long as it doesn't cause glitches/crashes.