Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 10:58 PM
*breaks out Prima guide*

Says Sim B's (the Sim listening) daily relationship has to be over 65 for maximum funniness.

Accepted if Joke has final funniness rating of 6 or more

Joke begins with 2 Funny points.

If Sim B's Daily relationship >65, +3 funny.

If A's Charisma >4 and B's Mood >-30 or A's Charisma <4 and B's Mood >20, then +2 funny.

If B's Playful/Serious >4 and Mood >-20 or if B's Playful/Serious <4 and Mood >30 , then +2 funny.

Then there's a random addition/subtraction of funny points (1 or 2 points).

I'm not much for Sims telling dirty jokes to begin with and just about every time they tell one autonomously, it's an example of epic fail.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 1:47 AM Last edited by arwentroi : 10th Jan 2013 at 5:47 PM.
[removed by author]

Dark Side Princess (TS2 CC and pics)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 1:05 PM
Ah. Does your self-sim ever do any spying there? I read that Vidcund is often the one to get spyed on in that neighbourhood. It'd be super funny if he was being spyed on while very pregnant hahaha!
Instructor
#29 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 1:12 PM
Sometimes grouchy Sims have a lot of character. I've made two sims. (For a Mayor challenge) one was nice, and one was grouchy. I thought that I would love the nice one better, but I realized that she was kind of boring. But the other Sim, she was every bit as nice - when she wanted to be - just don't tell a bad joke or she'll call you on it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 9:34 PM
That's pretty awesome! Is she playful too? 'Cause Juanita Lothario has only one nice point and I think full playful. She loves to play pranks but doesn't seem to be able to take what she dishes out. I'll have to see if I can find her a boyfriend - one that can stand her antics.
Instructor
#31 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 10:38 PM
Strangely enough, mean and nice sims seem to go together well. They balance each other out. She is medium when it comes to being playful. I don't need to do extremes because the inborn children do it for me. I have one lil girl who has 1 nice point, 0 serious, and extreme Active, Outgoing, and Neat and then I have another lil girl who is the exact opposite. It certainly makes for a lot of fun, strangely enough the one who's really nice (the lil girl) wants to torment other children... she keeps rolling wants.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 8:56 AM
Wow. The Subject family has a couple kids who roll wants to torment someone, but they also roll wants to pet their kitty, who is going to go to kitty heaven in a couple sim days.
Scholar
#33 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Wow. The Subject family has a couple kids who roll wants to torment someone, but they also roll wants to pet their kitty, who is going to go to kitty heaven in a couple sim days.

The "torment" interaction can be positive In my game, 6-points-nice Subject daughters Difficult and Grimuara would regularly roll wants to torment someone -- which increased their STR when they tormented each other! -- and Howe terror twins Gozer and Glozel would torment each other as well as kids (then autonomously hug, because they're both one-point-nice).

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:26 PM
Aww... do they crank-call each other now?
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 11:16 PM
I had a sim child born with only one nice point lately and she's...a bit cranky to say the least. Her toddler days: First she asks anyone and everyone for attention (very outgoing and active also *sighs*) and then refuses any action taken by the asked sim thus lowering the relationship points. Her child transition birthday party was an absolute crash due to her actions.

Seems like her quite affectionate mother brought her own personal bane to the world by giving birth to little Sabrina. :D

~ You can't prove courage without fright ~
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DasRabennest
I had a sim child born with only one nice point lately and she's...a bit cranky to say the least. Her toddler days: First she asks anyone and everyone for attention (very outgoing and active also *sighs*) and then refuses any action taken by the asked sim thus lowering the relationship points. Her child transition birthday party was an absolute crash due to her actions.

Seems like her quite affectionate mother brought her own personal bane to the world by giving birth to little Sabrina. :D

That's funny my little sisters name is Sabrina and god she was the worst toddler ever. She's get angry so fast and any little thing lol.
Instructor
#37 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 11:45 PM
My sim who suffered from aspirational failure was beating up people, and it was good for story progression, for example she beat up her love interest, on a community lot where I could not stop her, so he fell out of love with her and found someone else the same day. This was the first time I saw the "Romance swagger".
She is an Aries \pleasure sim.
My sims are my soap opera when my tv is not functioning.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 11:51 PM
I don't need the TV myself.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 12:00 PM
The Sims 2 is my TV most of the time. I like being able to make my own characters and stories!
Scholar
#40 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:33 PM
Sometimes I watch Sim TV - it's much more fun than the real TV anyway

I love grouchy Sims, especially with the reputation system from AL. I have such grouches running around my hood, causing all sorts of mischief to happen.
And I've had nice Sims - seriously nice, like 8 or 9 points - tease and insult people unprovoked, making them cry. What's up with that?
Mad Poster
#41 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 6:04 PM
I always assume, when my high-nicers get in someone's face, that there is a provocation, just not one I caught. All kinds of things happens in the background of community lots that don't get into the memories. If you look at the connections between sims, you often find a provocation in the "six degrees of separation" between them. Pierre Curian is pretty nice, and shy to boot, but when he sees one of his daughter's first lover's lovers out and about, he's implacable! And you do not want to have even a theoretical conflict with one of Kitty Hawkins's kids, no you do not! Some people will even resent wrongs done to their friends.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#42 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 7:26 PM
I have had cases where a Sim was caught cheating and the cheated-on Sim's relative witnessed it...and the relative was really upset with the cheater.

Case in point: Samantha Cordial (Belladonna Cove) was in love with Gabriel Green. Gabriel's girlfriend (haha) kissed him in front of Samantha and her sister Kimberly...so Kimberly was also furious with Gabriel. And I think furious with his girlfriend as well.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Scholar
#43 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:44 AM
I agree with both of you, Peni and Alexandra - Sims do act "out of character" when necessary - when provoked. But at that point I only had a couple of families in my (then very new) hood, and I still haven't taken them to any com lots, so they had no opportunity to meet each other prior to this unfortunate encounter.
This particular Sim, a male teen named Shane, argued, insulted and then teased this poor girl, Heidi, literally without provokation. I was very attentive to their exchange, because I thought they'd make good friends. Silly me, for assuming that I know what's best for them, right? Even after all these years they still surprise me like this.

They did have negative chemistry though. Maybe that's the culprit? But even so - I've never noticed other Sims acting like this when they disliked someone as a romantic partner.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:47 AM
I know the drama profs get dogpiled on a regular basis at the hobby lots. They'll flirt with other Sims and get rejected, then the other Sims will start slapping the drama professor(s) around.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 7:50 PM
Even one of my nicer sims in the Curious coven household at college went and slapped the evil mascot autonomously. Stella also insulted and lectured him, though under my control.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 8:49 PM
Slapping the cow mascot is a good-aligned action by any rational set of moral standards.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Slapping the cow mascot is a good-aligned action by any rational set of moral standards.

True, though Delenn and Lyta, both full nice, didn't want to do it. Might try cowplanting him or just banning the danged thing from the lot. They've got better things to do than to be harassed by that annoying mascot. Llama mascot, however, is very welcome, because he is nice and rather refreshing.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 11:21 PM
What does one have to do to get 'lectured' ? I know its autonomous but do you have to do something bad or what?
Scholar
#49 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
What does one have to do to get 'lectured' ? I know its autonomous but do you have to do something bad or what?

Usually it's break something. I think the Sim that gives the lecture has to be in the same room to witness the breakage or at least that's how it happens in my game. Parents can also lecture a baby for needing a diaper change.

Not sure of any other moments as those are the only ones I've witnessed. Tends to be a double minus for relationship score so if your not already getting along it can do some damage.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 12:51 AM
Cowplanting the mascot won't do any good, JDacapo; the game will just make a new one. I lock the doors on residences to keep them out, and keep batboxes handy at the Greeks to smite them with if they're too persistent.

Page 2 of 3