Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 12:38 AM
userStartup.Cheat
I'd gathered up my UserStartup custom setting but in-game don't work, Any solution?

Here is my userStartup cheat file

# boolProp ShowCatalogEPFlags true
# alias SCPF "Show Catalog Packed Flags" "Show Catalog Packed Flags" "Show Catalog Packed Flag"
# alias mon "moveObject on" "Move Objects on" "Move Objects on"

# alias cfe+ boolprop constrainfloorelevation false" "Constrain Floor Evelation On "Constrain Floor Elevation On"
# alias cfe- "boolprop constrainfloorelevation true" "Constrain Floor Elevation off "Constrain Floor Elevation Off"
#End

# intProp seeThem231
# alias sntg SnapObjectsToGrid False "Snap Objects to Grid off" "Snap Objects to Grid off" "Snap Objects to Grid off"
# Will put more later

P.S I looked online in SimsWiki for alias

I am truly a Sim Fan
Not a Warcraft or a Civilization,
I am truly a Sim Fan

ttp://www.missingstudios.com/ms/signaturegenerator/finished/mysig_801995495.jpg
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 12:43 AM
I may be wrong but I think you don't need or want the hashtags.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 1:01 AM
Mine looks like this, more or less (shortened down):

--

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20
uintProp maxTotalSims 55
uintProp maxTotalHumans 40
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# alias real command brief help full help
# ------------- ----------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

alias mon "moveObjects on" "Move Objects On" "Move Objects On"
alias mof "moveObjects off" "Move Objects Off" "Move Objects Off"

alias son "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" "snap to grid = no" "snap to grid = no"
alias sof "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true" "snap to grid = yes" "snap to grid = yes"

alias headoff "boolProp showHeadlines off" "turns headlines off" ""
alias headon "boolProp showHeadlines on" "turns headlines on" ""

alias pof "Plumbbobtoggle off"
alias pon "Plumbbobtoggle on"

alias liton "boolprop allobjectlightson true"
alias litof "boolprop allobjectlightson false"

alias petson "boolProp controlpets on" "makes pets controllable" ""
alias petsoff "boolProp controlpets off" "makes pets uncontrollable" ""
alias petcancel "boolprop PetActionCancel true" "cancels actions" ""
alias petcanceloff "boolprop PetActionCancel false"

alias qon "setQuarterTilePlacement on" "allows placement objects offset from the grid in quarter tile increments activate by using Ctrl+F"
alias qoff "setQuarterTilePlacement off" "turns off quarter tile placement"

alias apt "changeLotZoning apartmentbase" "Make apartment" ""
alias res "changeLotZoning residential" "Make residential lot" ""
alias comm "changeLotZoning community" "Make community lot" ""
alias greek "changeLotZoning greek" "Make greek house" ""
alias dorm "changeLotZoning dorm" "Make dorm lot" ""
alias secret "changeLotZoning secretsociety" "Make secret society" ""
alias hotel "changeLotZoning hotel" "Make hotel" ""

[...and so forth...]

[below here is stuff from Gunmod's radiation system]

---

Basically, the main cheats are on the top, and those are activated at startup. The alias cheats are shortened versions of ingame cheats, so I don't have to write them out in full. Some of them won't work as startup cheats ingame, and some are nice to be able to turn off and on, like placement cheats. What you write ingame is what comes after "alias", so if I want to activate moveobjects, I just write mon in the cheatbox ingame.

Anything written on the same line as a hashtag (#) won't work ingame. The hashtag texts above were meant as a help system for how to write the alias cheats - but they're not supposed to do anything ingame, so they have a hashtag in front.

I copied mine a long time ago from some other player, and added/subtracted/edited stuff after my taste. Some cheats added various lines as well.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 1:10 AM Last edited by maxon : 22nd Mar 2015 at 2:47 AM.
I have a feeling the hashtag says to the game: don't read this line.

Edit to add: it's worth knowing about the userStartup.cheat file that the game will stop reading it if you make a mistake in the typed commands. For instance, if your first entry in the file is mvoeobjects on - it will stop reading it at that point and nothing will apparently work.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 6:23 AM
# is like using // in JavaScript. It tells the computer NOT to read the line and completely ignore everything after that line (as maxon said, darn you ninjas!).
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 9:27 AM
I'll borrow this thread to ask something I've been meaning to. I borrowed someone elses setup for my userstartup, but they don't work. If I try to use the abbreviations, I just get error messages. Since I have no idea how it's supposed to be, I don't know what the problem is.

Can anyone detect what the problem might be?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 10:21 AM
Well it's lacking a " on he second line (alias mof), otherwise it's the same as mine

As for the snap to grid, I don't know about those yes/no, here's what mine looks like (and it works):

alias snapf "boolprop snapobjectstogrid false" "boolprop snapobjectstogrid false" "boolprop snapobjectstogrid false"
alias snapt "boolprop snapobjectstogrid true" "boolprop snapobjectstogrid true" "boolprop snapobjectstogrid true"
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 12:39 PM
Yes, so as I pointed out just up thread there, gummilutt, if there's a mistake the game will stop reading the file. Doesn't matter what the alias is BTW, mine are all single letters (I type 'm' for move objects on for instance and 'm-' to turn it off).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 12:44 PM
That explains it maxon, must be that the missing " caused everything else to fail. Thank you Lili975 for pointing it out, and maxon for explaining it

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 1:13 PM
I think it's enough to write them like this:

alias pof "Plumbbobtoggle off"
alias pon "Plumbbobtoggle on"

alias mon "moveObjects on"
alias mof "moveObjects off"

Basically, you need 'alias', the brief command, and the real cheat the brief command replaces.
The remaining lines are meant as help lines if you don't know what the cheat does. I just never edited the lines much after I copied the cheats.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 3:17 PM
Simmer22, I believe you're right and all those repeats are unnecessary, but since I first copied them like that and it works, I just leave them be :p
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 4:56 PM
Yes, I was a bit puzzled by all the repeats - mine don't do that either.