Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 3:25 PM
I think it's happened to me twice, and on both occasions the Sims at fault got pickpocketed afterwards. I concluded they'd been punished enough!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 4:56 PM
I tried the mods suggested but they don't work. Other sims steal my drink every time!

My solution, EA borked this so bad that the dine out, go out for a drink, are unplayable. I just won't do this ever again. Too bad they decided to be 'cute' and screwed up a part of their own game.
Scholar
#28 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 9:09 PM
I had Malcolm Landgraab do this to his own customer. His employee had just served her a drink and he came in and swiped it from her. Usually when a business owner gets complained at I haven't a clue what's going on (especially as it even happens when a home business is closed and the Sims are supposedly on a social visit), but this time he totally deserved it - and more! Way to make sure you don't get repeat custom, Malcolm!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Allypup
I tried the mods suggested but they don't work. Other sims steal my drink every time!

My solution, EA borked this so bad that the dine out, go out for a drink, are unplayable. I just won't do this ever again. Too bad they decided to be 'cute' and screwed up a part of their own game.

How about playing with no townies since I think it's only townies that do this. I do find it odd that every single drink served your sim gets taken, even when I played a hood full of townies it only ever happened now and then. I would suggest making a backup pulling all your mods and testing this vanilla.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 9:50 PM
LOL can you imagine going into a redneck bar or biker bar and stealing their drinks? That would make great entertainment. I'm glad I don't have townies.
Test Subject
#31 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 1:38 PM
I have only 2 food related mods. I got tired of adult sims beating my servo to the fridge and making a meal, then the servo serving a meal so I installed Sims99Fanatic No Autonomous Serve Meals (Or Stuff Face) here and to stop my 2 sim households from serving 6 portions I use Neder's Variable Meal Servings here . I removed them both, to no effect.

Both townies and sims I made were stealing my drinks.

Then I noticed if I sat at the bar and just ordered a drink, it would be stolen, the order drink interaction would loop, and each time my drink was stolen sometimes by the same sim twice! Then I noticed every sim, townie or my creation would have a drink delivered to them (I'm assuming they ordered one) and every time it would be stolen.

I then changed the affinity of the game to use only one processor, what changed was I had a 50/50 chance of my drink being clickable so I could drink it.

I wonder if the behavior that controls this action has some internal wait command before the item (food or drink) can be stolen, and the faster computers of today just cycle so fast that the item is flagged instantly.
I suspect this because I am comparing the computer I had 10 years ago ( when I never noticed this behavior ) to my many times faster computer today.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 3:03 PM
...I don't think I've had this happen in years... Usually my sims start eating immediately on dates and outings. I think the only time a drink or plate has been stolen in my game was during a homeless challenge and it was the sim I was controlling.

(If it happened as often as everyone else, my cemetery would have tripled in size by now.)

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 5:57 PM
Just in case I've found a mod what was confirmed to work : SW-Beta-NoPlateStealing.package
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11060.0.html
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 9:05 PM
@Allypup As Peni put it, sims 2 is chaos theory. We have had a sim in a blouse crash the game when they tried to get a job, a game plant that causes sims to combust or overheat, a group of pine trees prevent a buying bar from appearing at a business and goodness knows what other oddities. Your issue may have nothing to do with a food mod and turn out to be something totally unrelated.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#35 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 11:15 PM
It seem that others members have had the problem with drinks being taken / stealing by another Sims, http://modthesims.info/t/507440 I am surprise no one made a mod for the drinks. I just see there is one for food.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Page 2 of 2