Replies: 19292 (Who?), Viewed: 482732 times.
Page 772 of 772
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19276 Old Yesterday at 2:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tleilaxu3
I think it's Bluewater Village (the subhood for the shopping hood default add on); there's a toddler toy _"Twirl, Spin & Wobble".

Anyone take their toddler to the park and let them play on this ?
I've never taken a toddler anywhere from the home lot as I don't play toddlers very much.

And how the heck did Maxis' get this toy on the community lot ? It's a 'skilling' toy.
Yes, I know you can buy a community lot, plop your home made wares and pre-purchased catalog stuff on it -- and the masses will come; but in BV, it's a city-owned comm. lot.

I don't tend to play Maxis lots but I do take toddlers out to lots.

That toy can be used by kids as well which is why they included it.

I have many extracted buyable maxis objects including the toys, aspiration rewards, flowers etc. No doubt maxis also had access to all the things too. However, I would also not put it past them to simply have a sim own the lot. All maxis lots have sim references, all of them, even the unoccupied bin lots and if people want a clean game its best to clean them all.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19277 Old Yesterday at 9:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
For some reason this question is confusing me, but, in my experience, yes and no. If the driveway is connected to the street, then yes, sims back out and drive off the lot. BUT, if other cars are in the way or if the driveway extension is not connected to the street (with the regular driveway piece), then sims teleport off the lot.

It's quite handy, actually, and I certainly wish I could teleport *my* car to the back of the driveway, instead of playing musical chairs with my family's four cars. Anyway, you can remember this when building smaller lots or apartments and you need to save space. Instead of building the whole driveway, you can place an extension.

I was asking If the animation can play If the driveway is longer than by one extention.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#19278 Old Yesterday at 9:49 AM Last edited by mate54 : Yesterday at 7:56 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I was asking If the animation can play If the driveway is longer than by one extention.

I can’t check right now, but I think it will if there isn’t another car blocking it.

EDIT: Just checked, animation doesn't play on an extension, only on the actual driveway.
Test Subject
#19279 Old Yesterday at 5:11 PM
Is it possible that adults can get the big man/woman on campus-memory when they max out their influence level while being a guest on a campus household?

I just checked out the memories of an adult sim and find to my surprise that he has the memory of becoming the big man on campus. He was invited to a party and became friends with the YA host during it. He has now 12 friends outside of his household and 15 counting wife and kids. So is it possible that he maxed out the influence bar on campus and that this created the memory or is it a sign of corruption (or both?) :-/ And should I delete it?

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Mad Poster
#19280 Old Yesterday at 5:16 PM
Yes, that's an entirely possible thing to do. Don't worry about it. The memory's not going to corrupt anything.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#19281 Old Yesterday at 5:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Yes, that's an entirely possible thing to do. Don't worry about it. The memory's not going to corrupt anything.

Uuuuffff, that are good news! Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Instructor
#19282 Old Yesterday at 6:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbash
I used a custom uninhabited apartment building in my neighborhood. Before adding it to the neighborhood, I removed the references such as Sim Information, Sim Relations, etc. When I loaded it and changed some furniture, I noticed the phone handset is blue. Once I saved it, left the game and opened the lot in SimPE, I got 9 Sim Relations (Unknown towards Unknown, blue icons). Is it OK or I corrupted the neighborhood? (I have a backup just in case)

Sim Relationships in lots are not Sim relationships but object relationships which can include sim's Object IDs, (Neighbourhood relationships are always sim's Neighbour IDs). Several objects create relationships with other adjacent objects like for example counters form relationships with each other on lot loading as part of configuring their shape. It is not a sign of corruption nor any problem at all.
Mad Poster
#19283 Old Yesterday at 7:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mate54
I can’t check right now, but I think it will if there isn’t another car blocking it.

Well, I wouldn't asking here If I just too thought that it's a "maybe" answer. Also, I think I saw a comment (though it's gone for some reason) that they just disappear.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Theorist
#19284 Old Yesterday at 9:12 PM
My stupid/random question for today is why are my Sims being generated with no predestined hobby? Mod conflict? Or something else? If this is a problem with a mod it's going to be a bearcat to test and isolate.
Inventor
#19285 Old Yesterday at 10:19 PM
@Misty_2004, can you elaborate? Like you make a sim and SimPE says they don't have a predestined hobby? Or is it just that the hobby doesn't reveal until they do a hobby related activity? Because the latter is normal.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"| Used to be known as Kelyns, but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Theorist
#19286 Old Yesterday at 10:57 PM
@Phantomknight This is in-game (I hadn't thought to check in SimPe) but a Sim I created in CAS has no pre-destined hobby and he has plenty of hobby points with maximum in Nature and enough points for membership in Arts & Crafts secret lot as well. His wife, a former social Sim, finally had hers appear so maybe it was as you say with needing to do a hobby-related activity first, so thank you.
Mad Poster
#19287 Old Today at 12:29 AM
However if you have the batbox on a lot, it should tell you what hobby they have. If it does not, you can always fix it by using the 'update' the pixel with 'pre-FT" adjustment on it. That will fix the hobby they're supposed to have. Always works.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Theorist
#19288 Old Today at 1:22 AM
@FranH Thank you. I looked on the BatBox but only saw an option for updating pre-Uni Sim but not pre-FT--I'll look again later. I did check in SimPE and he has a pre-destined hobby. In his case it doesn't really matter anyway because he's a poor sap not living a life of dreams, but he had me kind of worried.
Mad Poster
#19289 Old Today at 3:15 AM
You do need the FT/AL version of the batbox, though. It's in this thread from MATY: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,8.0.html as part of the director's cut Pescado posted.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Theorist
#19290 Old Today at 3:17 AM
Hm. I was updating all those mods before I installed AL but maybe I didn't put in the newer version of the bat box. Thanks!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19291 Old Today at 1:56 PM
I was watching an old sims 2 video and the player used what I think is a Pescado mod. They said they would micro> manage>some kind of positive social for sims who were enemies. I was wondering if anyone knows this mods name?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#19292 Old Today at 3:20 PM Last edited by Misty_2004 : Today at 4:05 PM.
@joandsarah77 that's his Macrotastics mod and it's great for stuff like that. I use it all the time for having a Sim clean their house, as in click on the Sim, choose Macro>Clean and they're off and running automatically until they finish up by taking out the trash. And part of its features is for social interaction, set it to either friends or enemies and your Sim will automatically interact with the other one until the relationship is either topped or bottomed out, depending on your choice.

ETA: I checked on the bat box and I have the 2012 version and it doesn't have an Upgrade Sim for FT. It does have an Info option with "One true hobby". I click on that and it shows Music and Dance. I select another, go to his personality>hobby and it shows what I selected. I change it back to Music and Dance and the little bubble things disappear. Odd. Very odd.
Mad Poster
#19293 Old Today at 4:12 PM
My batbox does have that option - upgrade for FT and upgrade for Uni.

It does sound like macrotastics, Jo - I like that mod because you can use the menu options when you want to.
Page 772 of 772