Replies: 1723 (Who?), Viewed: 87677 times.
Page 69 of 69
Lab Assistant
#1701 Old 17th May 2019 at 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
That corner bath tub is your hot tub now. EA treated it like one in City Living.

ah yes, it was in one of high end apartments and I remember my sim shooed a visitor away before taking a mud bath.

All the hoods are merely the same, so I made ones where all the Sims aren't straight.
One Minute Ninja'd
#1702 Old 17th May 2019 at 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
If we go back to my post on the previous page that mentions how the roofs in TS4 can catch on fire, a fire alarm and or sprinkler system doesn't do anything in that situation. Maybe they would if the fire made its way through the walls, I don't know.

TS4 is full contradictions. Maxis spends all of their time trying to find ways to cram players into pigeon holes and yet they put broken fire alarms and sprinkler systems in their game. That sounds about right. They have the budget, time and money for things like Patchy, the creepy scarecrow, park rangers where no crime of any significance happens, and the most "special" of them all; Father Winter who can be seen hanging out all the local drinking hole getting sloshed not just during winter, but at any time of year. Doesn't everybody dream of having a drunk Santa in their game? Norman Rockwell is rolling in his grave.

The funny part about firefighters, and well just about everything that feels missing or barely implemented (being kind here) is apparent when you watch TV with your sims, especially during premiere night. Many scenes are cut form TS3 activity. Like the heroic firefighter, flying out of the firehouse with the best wishes of those useless NPCs they worked next to, to head off and rescue the poor trapped sims and then put out the entire conflagration with only a fire extinguisher (talk about a tough long night when a hose could have done it in a half hour, but that's besides the point). Even the movies, like the one that's created solely out of Roaring Heights, are lifted from TS3. It almost feels like a taunt at the viewers. "See, this is what you used to have".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Don't smoke detected enable sprinklers (if that object is installed too) when it detects fire?
I mean, the issue is unironically openly depicted in Rodiek's guru account cover-picture thing in fun-poking way, with his last tweet link here of the one he ironically feels ashame he cannot implement it.

I guess you don't live in a city that holds an annual Santacon, where a bunch of guys in Santa suits go on a bar crawl, only to all end up intoxicated and vomiting on the sidewalk. Makes Father Winter look like a real lightweight.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1703 Old 17th May 2019 at 1:31 PM
Erhh, co-oleration with my comment?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
17th May 2019 at 5:06 PM
This message has been deleted by pianogrinder.
Lab Assistant
#1704 Old 17th May 2019 at 6:26 PM
You have to put the sprinkler system on every level to protect that level and it does need a ceiling above to be able to work. One on the top level probably protects the roof as well. I haven't had a roof fire as yet though.
Scholar
#1705 Old 17th May 2019 at 7:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamishmc
You have to put the sprinkler system on every level to protect that level and it does need a ceiling above to be able to work. One on the top level probably protects the roof as well. I haven't had a roof fire as yet though.

Really? TIL

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1706 Old 18th May 2019 at 1:39 PM
Roofs can burn down? Intriguing. I personally would love If fire was more devastating (maybe minecraft-ish kind of way) were it also burned down walls, leaving only a piece of it (kind of how roofs have their sliced walls to support them)) turned into black. Of course, an interaction to "replace" those walls (or/and allowing to drag new walls in build mode walls over wore-down walls) would be ideal so it wouldn't be much of a hassle to restore the house.

Mad Poster
#1707 Old 18th May 2019 at 2:19 PM
Quote:
Roofs can burn down? Intriguing.

I didn't say they burn down, I said they catch on fire. If I had to make a comparison, it is like bread trees in TS2 that always get hit by lightening and burn until they are either put out or it rains.

This is one of those rare times I didn't save the link of the stream or video to show what I'm talking about. All I remember aside from the roof catching on fire was A) It happened to lilsimmsie and B) she was on a endless, annoying rant about taking down all of the Christmas decorations of the household she was playing. I'm not going to waste my time looking for said video and or stream.

Cyber Tip Line for Exploited Children
Children should always feel like the adults are living in this world to nurture them, to take care of them, to protect them from any bad thing that might come. ~Chris Cornell
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1708 Old 18th May 2019 at 2:34 PM
Ah, so I guess they are burning down infinitively. I imagine its an overlooked bug, where Sims cannot do anything as they cannot reach down and extinguish it. How do put an issue to that? Reentering the lot?

Mad Poster
#1709 Old 18th May 2019 at 3:25 PM
Quote:
Ah, so I guess they are burning down infinitively. I imagine its an overlooked bug, where Sims cannot do anything as they cannot reach down and extinguish it. How do put an issue to that? Reentering the lot?

I don't know. Lilsimmsie didn't save and started over. Leaving the lot the returning it may or may not fix it.

Children should always feel like the adults are living in this world to nurture them, to take care of them, to protect them from any bad thing that might come. ~Chris Cornell
Top Secret Researcher
#1710 Old 18th May 2019 at 7:23 PM
Eskie - sort of like the TV in Sims 3, which is footage from Sims 2.
Instructor
#1711 Old 18th May 2019 at 10:49 PM
Quote:
I didn't say they burn down, I said they catch on fire. If I had to make a comparison, it is like bread trees in TS2 that always get hit by lightening and burn until they are either put out or it rains.

This is one of those rare times I didn't save the link of the stream or video to show what I'm talking about. All I remember aside from the roof catching on fire was A) It happened to lilsimmsie and B) she was on a endless, annoying rant about taking down all of the Christmas decorations of the household she was playing. I'm not going to waste my time looking for said video and or stream.

Just reminds me of how those stupid stinky leaf piles works in the game. Still buggy. They will either burn eternally or stop burning... but you can never get rid of them
Mad Poster
#1712 Old 19th May 2019 at 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mspigglypooh
Just reminds me of how those stupid stinky leaf piles works in the game. Still buggy. They will either burn eternally or stop burning... but you can never get rid of them

Is it my imagination or did they supposedly fix that? I could have sworn something about stinky leaf piles was mentioned in patch notes within the past couple of months.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1713 Old 19th May 2019 at 2:16 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 19th May 2019 at 2:30 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
The funny part about firefighters, and well just about everything that feels missing or barely implemented (being kind here) is apparent when you watch TV with your sims, especially during premiere night. Many scenes are cut form TS3 activity. Like the heroic firefighter, flying out of the firehouse with the best wishes of those useless NPCs they worked next to, to head off and rescue the poor trapped sims and then put out the entire conflagration with only a fire extinguisher (talk about a tough long night when a hose could have done it in a half hour, but that's besides the point). Even the movies, like the one that's created solely out of Roaring Heights, are lifted from TS3. It almost feels like a taunt at the viewers. "See, this is what you used to have".

Then bitches at EA behind twitter rant why we moan and whine about cut features. Well, maybe you should have thought well of putting clips that won't reminiscent the novelty things of past games, guys? Man, aren't their actions hypocritical at times?

Instructor
#1714 Old 19th May 2019 at 3:00 AM
Quote:
Is it my imagination or did they supposedly fix that? I could have sworn something about stinky leaf piles was mentioned in patch notes within the past couple of months.

I'll have to double check but as far as in my game it's still a problem. I think I even tested it out after the patch to be sure but I'm still having the issue.

ETA: after looking into it it looks like it was patch 1.49 in February that supposedly fixed the issue. I'll double check in my game again but I'm positive it's still an issue I think I even save a video of it.
Alchemist
#1715 Old 19th May 2019 at 5:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227

Oh? So I guess all the TV shows that are in TS3 which were filmed from TS2 was also a way saying "See, this is what you used to have"?

Honestly, that is a completely asinine statement.

"Towards the end of any culture, you have the second or third generation that steps into the culture, which is so far from the origination, it's the impression of what's real, but it's not the full definition of what's real. It's just cheesy." - Lyle Owerko
Smeg Head
#1716 Old 19th May 2019 at 6:50 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 19th May 2019 at 7:10 AM.
Quote:

With Seasons installed, if a Weather Controller machine is on the lot out in the garden, and while roof is burning, would forcing it to rain heavily work on extinguishing the otherwise unreachable rooftop fire quickly and efficiently? As a workaround, it still sounds like a rigmarole to initiate. But that's the key, having to make a mental call on what to do. Either quit and reload if you have a recent save, or try the rain trick if your last save was ages ago and you'd lose more work in the reload than in attempting weather extinguishing tricks. An experiment, for sure.

If it did actually work on roofs, and did not take too much time, then off the top of my head, just wondering how hard it wold be to kick start a rain storm autonomously via modding when smoke alarms and water sprinklers are activated. Just in case!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#1717 Old 19th May 2019 at 11:57 AM
I love having to work around certain disasters in Sims - it makes the game a challenge - but it has to make sense. Not having firefighters doesn't make sense, but a falling satellite for instance is silly but makes sense in a Sims-silly kind of way. I always saved a lot in Sims 2 because I knew there was a chance everything could go to shit at any moment - and sometimes I instigated certain shit storms just to watch it unfold in glee. It's sad to me that there aren't enough shit storms you can unfold on purpose in sims 4 - and the results doesn't mean as much because the sims are more robots than AI. In previous sims games, I could much more easily believe that the sims were 'real' in a sense and with real feelings, but it's MUCH harder to imagine that in Sims 4.

Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1718 Old 19th May 2019 at 12:28 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 19th May 2019 at 1:05 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
Oh? So I guess all the TV shows that are in TS3 which were filmed from TS2 was also a way saying "See, this is what you used to have"?

Honestly, that is a completely asinine statement.

Idk about TS4, but in TS3 many things depicted in tv3 screens have returned. Cooking, wedding, seasons, robots, vmpires and cowplant being one of the examples. Even The Sims Castaway can be dissected and piece together in ts3 content department box. We still got majority of things return overtime in that game as shown. They might not do it for the sake of deliberately taunting us, but somebody could have maybe thought carefully which clips to put in so they don't keep people longing. Hopefully, they hadn't promised out of things when considering (the firefighther, rollercoaster) depicting them, since it's kinda terrifying knowing only three more years are left which such small gap of silence in between.

Mad Poster
#1719 Old 19th May 2019 at 1:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mspigglypooh
I'll have to double check but as far as in my game it's still a problem. I think I even tested it out after the patch to be sure but I'm still having the issue.

ETA: after looking into it it looks like it was patch 1.49 in February that supposedly fixed the issue. I'll double check in my game again but I'm positive it's still an issue I think I even save a video of it.

I'm not doubting you, I just thought I remembered seeing something about it. @coolspear1 Did the Maxis fix for stinky leaf piles not work? Is there a mod that interferes with the Maxis fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspear1
With Seasons installed, if a Weather Controller machine is on the lot out in the garden, and while roof is burning, would forcing it to rain heavily work on extinguishing the otherwise unreachable rooftop fire quickly and efficiently? As a workaround, it still sounds like a rigmarole to initiate. But that's the key, having to make a mental call on what to do. Either quit and reload if you have a recent save, or try the rain trick if your last save was ages ago and you'd lose more work in the reload than in attempting weather extinguishing tricks. An experiment, for sure.

If it did actually work on roofs, and did not take too much time, then off the top of my head, just wondering how hard it wold be to kick start a rain storm autonomously via modding when smoke alarms and water sprinklers are activated. Just in case!

I have no clue if the Weather Controller machine would put out roof fires or not. I don't play TS4 and as far as I can tell, roof fires are not a common problem. It would be easier if Maxis got their heads out of their butts and just put regular NPCs in the game. When a fire alarm goes off or there is a roof fire, a firefighter should be summoned for the alarm or a sim should be able to call.

Alchemist
#1720 Old 19th May 2019 at 9:52 PM
Quote:
Idk about TS4, but in TS3 many things depicted in tv3 screens have returned. Cooking, wedding, seasons, robots, vmpires and cowplant being one of the examples. Even The Sims Castaway can be dissected and piece together in ts3 content department box. We still got majority of things return overtime in that game as shown. They might not do it for the sake of deliberately taunting us, but somebody could have maybe thought carefully which clips to put in so they don't keep people longing. Hopefully, they hadn't promised out of things when considering (the firefighther, rollercoaster) depicting them, since it's kinda terrifying knowing only three more years are left which such small gap of silence in between.

Things come, things go. But none of that really makes the statement less foolish. EA/Maxis aren't/weren't taunting their players, they used previous versions of the game because they had tools to achieve certain things--such as snow--that they haven't developed yet for the current game and engine. Many of these TV shows are filmed when the current game is in beta stage and they're just getting the basics of the television object working on their new engine. They're not going to use footage from a beta version of their current game because it'll be so far from origination of the final product.

"Towards the end of any culture, you have the second or third generation that steps into the culture, which is so far from the origination, it's the impression of what's real, but it's not the full definition of what's real. It's just cheesy." - Lyle Owerko
Instructor
#1721 Old Yesterday at 1:33 AM
Quote:
I'm not doubting you, I just thought I remembered seeing something about it. @coolspear1 Did the Maxis fix for stinky leaf piles not work? Is there a mod that interferes with the Maxis fix?

I didn't think you doubted me 😊 I really had to look for myself because I wasn't sure if they did put out a fix 😅 since I still have the issue, you know? And I see they fixed it and then, as usual, broke it again🤦
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1722 Old Yesterday at 9:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
Things come, things go. But none of that really makes the statement less foolish. EA/Maxis aren't/weren't taunting their players, they used previous versions of the game because they had tools to achieve certain things--such as snow--that they haven't developed yet for the current game and engine. Many of these TV shows are filmed when the current game is in beta stage and they're just getting the basics of the television object working on their new engine. They're not going to use footage from a beta version of their current game because it'll be so far from origination of the final product.

Never thought of it that way. Fair enough.

Mad Poster
#1723 Old Today at 1:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalar
I love having to work around certain disasters in Sims - it makes the game a challenge - but it has to make sense. Not having firefighters doesn't make sense, but a falling satellite for instance is silly but makes sense in a Sims-silly kind of way. I always saved a lot in Sims 2 because I knew there was a chance everything could go to shit at any moment - and sometimes I instigated certain shit storms just to watch it unfold in glee. It's sad to me that there aren't enough shit storms you can unfold on purpose in sims 4 - and the results doesn't mean as much because the sims are more robots than AI. In previous sims games, I could much more easily believe that the sims were 'real' in a sense and with real feelings, but it's MUCH harder to imagine that in Sims 4.

This is also in conjunction with the limited life spans of Sims and how difficult it was to progress in a career, while also maintaining wealth. It’s such a fine balance of gameplay when everything can go well, but probably won’t.

You never know - the Sims with that super high paying job that affords everyone the mansion could literally die from cloud watching and their spouse who has never worked a day in their life and has no skills has to get a low paying job to support their children, and POOF - time to repossess the assets! Can afford a nanny so the children get taken away. Now, she has to sell the house to downsize to something much smaller since being a cashier doesnf pay very well.

Being on the cusp of failure at all times keeps things VERY interesting because you never know when things will go wrong. You have to work and build up fail safes and still... nature finds a way.

In TS4, you literally just win at most things. There’s no challenge to anything or depth. They don’t even seize your assets in TS4, they just cut the power and water off, which was probably done to avoid coding an NPC.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#1724 Old Today at 2:05 PM
It's the lack of complexity that bothers me the most - after 4 games we should have WAY more intricate ways of managing the worlds and all the sims and npc's. Sims should have it's own socioeconomic world system at this point. Instead we get barely any npc's, no depth or challenge or danger. The most important rule of any game is that without stakes and the threat of losing, there is NO winning - it's just boring.

Simblr
Page 69 of 69