Replies: 61 (Who?), Viewed: 14075 times.
Page 3 of 3
Mad Poster
#51 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 6:23 PM
Come on over to the sims 2 threads, and I'm sure someone can help you. I don't know of anything that will permanently do that, but there are a couple of things you can do that will freeze your sims in place. I don't know how long it lasts, though.

Anyway, dash on over. You will find a thread called "Where Can I Find". Post this there; people are always very helpful there. I would just move your post, but I think a mod has to do that.

See you there!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Scholar
#52 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 3:35 PM
If it wasn't for the great meteor, do you think Dinosaurs would rule the earth instead of being birds like Chickens? Would there be something like a "Kentucky Fried Human" chain of restaurants? Lucky we didn't dodge that asteroid.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 5:38 PM
It's not certain humans would've even existed if the larger reptiles hadn't suddenly quit ruling the world and the smaller mammals at that time hadn't gotten an opportunity to thrive, I doubt the modern dinos would've come up with restaurants, though - they would probably have been perfectly happy with the "raw meat diet"... But I guess we'll nver know.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
If it wasn't for the great meteor, do you think Dinosaurs would rule the earth instead of being birds like Chickens? Would there be something like a "Kentucky Fried Human" chain of restaurants? Lucky we didn't dodge that asteroid.

I thought more recent theory was that the meteor was only one of 3 factors. And maybe some type of dino would have evolved the opposable thumb and large brain required. After all, "humans" were not even apes at that point; the possibilities are interesting.

Namaste
Scholar
#55 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 12:37 AM
I read somewhere that alcoholics are usually thin.
Huh.
How does the alcohol diet work? I would think it would be very fattening. Literally the rocket fuel in grandpappy's von Braun's rockets.

Sims are better than us.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#56 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 4:39 PM
it might be a dumb question but if you want a child or even children how would you imagine what your child(ren) would be like,

me for examble: i imagine my child wanting to learn english, having blonde hair and blue eyes (just like i have) and maybe do something with reception just like me and my dad (helping people, checking the mails and all that stuff)
and the child or children gets something from his/her dad too which i don't have anything on my mind

when i was very young i enjoyed when the movies were in english even if i couldn't understand a thing since i'm dutch
i might didn't noticed it but i never complained when the movies were in english
and when i was 9 and discovered youtube just because of the pokemon i started to learn simple things, a few years later my english became better and i could make sentences when i was like 15/16
i still needs to use the translate since i can't always type things right and i still don't know what some stuff means, i have a dutch website from that

so yes i imagine it if my child would be like that too
Mad Poster
#57 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 1:28 AM
What would be a good phrase to use if you're (in a story) describing two people saying the same thing simultaneously?

A while back I came across one I'm not particularly fond of but ended up using, but I have no idea if it's even in use. Something like
"no," they said in mixed voices.

Google is *cough* very helpful in suggesting "say something" youtube videos and "jinx", but I can't use either of those. I did google this once upon a time, but couldn't find anything better than the phrase above, which I still don't like. Google now insists it's used for when more than one person is singing, so I'm not even sure if it understood what I was asking.

(The reason I'm asking is because my language has a very useful phrase for this, but I can't find anything in English to match it that doesn't look weird in writing, and google seems to be getting less helpful every day. The "mixed voices" phrase is kinda similar but not quite).
Mad Poster
#58 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 5:54 AM
I would use:
"No" they said in unison
Or
"No" they said simultaneously

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#59 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 12:11 PM
Thanks! I think I can use the first one.
Alchemist
#60 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
I read somewhere that alcoholics are usually thin.
Huh.
How does the alcohol diet work? I would think it would be very fattening. Literally the rocket fuel in grandpappy's von Braun's rockets.

You drink and forget to eat. I lost 10kg within a year.
A while ago I've read that a 'beer belly' isn't caused just by alcohol but by a generally unhealthy diet, logically.
Woman who drink beer more often are appearently slimmer than those who drink wine.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#61 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 1:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
What would be a good phrase to use if you're (in a story) describing two people saying the same thing simultaneously?

[snip]
(The reason I'm asking is because my language has a very useful phrase for this, but I can't find anything in English to match it that doesn't look weird in writing, and google seems to be getting less helpful every day. The "mixed voices" phrase is kinda similar but not quite).

I like the suggestions from Bigsimsfan12. There is one other alternative in English that is slightly more picturesque but some may think has a slightly less formal feel: "chorused".

"'No,' the twins chorused."

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use their hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Scholar
#62 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 5:33 PM
Why are airports, large train stations and petrol stations part of the twilight zone? People seem to do anything and everything there and no one quesitons it. Nothing seems to really matter there? Like if something weird were to happen people'd just be like meh and just carry on as they were. They're nice places but also mildly unsettling because of this.
Page 3 of 3