Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Freezer Clock

by treeag Posted 14th Oct 2008 at 11:52 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2008 at 9:57 AM by treeag

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 1:19 PM
This is just awsome! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#27 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 8:29 PM
Yes Yes And triple YES Thank you

I'm so sick of getting my simmies into a position, then having them move before I get the other one into position. Thank god I have AL. :D
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 12:48 PM
hey what a cool idea,but i have some questions
1.does this work like the hex *tempus interruptus
2.are all sims (inc. witches) going to freeze
3.when i freeze time and spam a unfreezed sim in
will he going to be able to move?
4.does the clock stops ticking or just sims stop moving?

and,whats actually the point of this hack.i can just click on "pause"
if i want my sims to strand still in a special position -.^

Plz visite my site and watch my videos.And most important->don`t forget to leave a comment
http://de.youtube.com/user/lAmyHotchicl =) be so nice xD
Theorist
Original Poster
#29 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amy-Hotchic
hey what a cool idea,but i have some questions
1.does this work like the hex *tempus interruptus
2.are all sims (inc. witches) going to freeze
3.when i freeze time and spam a unfreezed sim in
will he going to be able to move?
4.does the clock stops ticking or just sims stop moving?

and,whats actually the point of this hack.i can just click on "pause"
if i want my sims to strand still in a special position -.^

Well. Let's see, I believe the answers of all your questions are right there up in the first post, if you actually read it . I've stated specifically that this is not the same as that witch spell (tempus interruptus). I also have given two examples of how this hack will be useful, i.e. you'll be able to freeze individual sims independently and/or stop the time in a lot.

Now don't the whole lot and all sims stop when you click on "pause"? This only stops the time. You can still play with the sims themselves.

I see few people asked if this is just like clicking on pause, I really don't get how people could think this is only like that, you'd think I won't bother to make a mod that functions just like a pause button . But then again maybe people who never attempted to make a sim story and/or movie won't understand what this mod aims at the first glance.

And oh, if you still don't get it; in my opinion GeneralOperationsDirector explained it pretty well :

Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
You don`t have to pause everything at once. You can pause just some of the sims, whilst positioning others. Then pause them, and unpause others, to get them positioned Just So. Great for set-up snapshots. You can also stop the clock without pausing the game, if I understand correctly.
Test Subject
#30 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 4:13 AM
Good stuff! I'm already finding it very handy! In fact, it's made making my 'Click' Sims 2 parody a lot easier to film!

One little sidenote: have you considered expanding this somehow to let you freeze NPCs? Currently I'm using the mind control mod to pull that off.
#31 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 4:27 AM
treeag: "And oh, if you still don't get it; in my opinion GeneralOperationsDirector explained it pretty well"

::blush:: I try to help.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Forum Resident
#32 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 7:18 PM
Will be very useful, thanks!
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 10:34 PM
brilliant!!!, it was accurately what I looked for
thank you very much treeag
Forum Resident
#34 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 4:57 PM
thank you

What about the thousands of wonderful men and women who are fighting this war without any of the credit or the glory that always goes to those lucky few who just happen to get shot?
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 10:01 PM
Praise the heavens! Thank you!

"This is night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."

::::Participating Currently In Picture Perfect: Cycle 2::::
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 11:23 AM
This thing is amazing, I don't know how I managed before I found it. Thank you from the bottom of my storytelling heart!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 7:50 AM
Does this world like Inge's Simlogical clock too? I know it freezes the actual Sim but will it freeze the timer in the UI so time won't advance so it won't go from day to night (and vice versa)?
Theorist
Original Poster
#38 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WyrmKing
Does this world like Inge's Simlogical clock too? I know it freezes the actual Sim but will it freeze the timer in the UI so time won't advance so it won't go from day to night (and vice versa)?

From the description at the top of the thread :
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
This object will allow you to stop the time in the sim world and/or freeze a sim individually in a middle of an animation sequence at the point of particular interest.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 1:33 PM
From the description at the top of the thread :

Yes I read it but I'm not clear on it.

It says it stops time, but is that the actual gameplay stopping or just the clock timer?
Theorist
Original Poster
#40 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 3:44 PM Last edited by treeag : 9th Nov 2010 at 3:51 AM.
Wyrmking, what's the point if the actual gameplay stops too? What's the difference with the pause button, then?

Of course only the clock stops.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 9:34 PM
Wyrmking, what's the point if the actual gameplay stops too? What's the difference with the pause button, then?

Of course only the clock stops.

Okay thanks, that's much clearer.
Test Subject
#42 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 6:45 PM
Freezer clock is one of the best downloads ever, hands down! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!
Test Subject
#43 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 10:33 PM
Great thing! But is there a chance it will also work with only the sims2 ?
#44 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 11:01 PM
None at all. It requires functions introduced with Apartment Life.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#45 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 1:07 PM
Excellent - thanks very much for this.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 6:49 AM
You should totally use this to make a Gorgon object. One gorgon statue(or sim) + grey overlay+ freeze time on one sim = Gorgon created sim statuary garden. Win.

Anyway. This works well.

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 5:50 PM
Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#48 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 11:52 AM
Thank you sooo much! I've been waiting for something like this forever!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 12:11 AM
Dear Lord, this may actually allow me to go to bed from time to time...THANK YOU!!!

~DidaDragonfly~
Field Researcher
#50 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 9:26 AM
This is so what I was looking for. Thank you very much.
Page 2 of 5