Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 5:47 PM Last edited by .indiemilk : 10th Jan 2011 at 4:38 PM.
Default Visible gap on tucked in top.
Hi. I'm working on an adult female tucked in top and for some reason, no matter how perfectly aligned the bottom row of verts are to any of the game's bottoms, there is a visible gap in-game and CAS that doesn't appear in Milkshape nor TSRWorkshop. Because the top that I'm working on happens to be loose fitted and is meant to be worn with high-waist bottoms, I might be able to get away with bringing the bottom row of verts down and in just a tad to hide the gap. However, if I ever decide to make a fitted tucked in top mesh, I'd prefer that the point where the top meets the bottom fit seamlessly.

Out of curiosity, I cloned an EA fitted tucked in tank. I exported the mesh, re-imported it back into the file unaltered, placed it in the game and ... the tiny gap appeared. While switching back and forth between the base game top and the unaltered cloned top, I noticed some other changes in appearance, such as lighting on the skin and the normal map also seemed to be different. The gap on my own custom mesh is more noticeable than the comparison below.

Is this something that can be fixed or is it just a problem related to TSRW and .wso files? If so, I may have to ask for advice over at TSR, but I hope someone here might have an idea of what could be causing this.

Thanks in advance.

ETA: Okay, I tried the above method in CTU. I cloned the same top exported and re-imported the untouched .simgeom mesh and it seemed to retain the look of the original. No gaps this time. It looks like this is a .wso issue. I'm still curious to see if there is a workaround for the .wso file, but at least I can fall back on CTU, although I would prefer to keep all my meshes in the same format in case I want to combine parts. But that's alright.

UPDATE: In case anyone out there runs into the same problem that I did while creating a tucked top mesh in TSRW, grabbing the hem and moving it down on the Y-axis about -0.0005 or less seems to close the gap nicely. You should first merge the vertex and normal data of the hem using another tucked top or bottom as a reference prior to adjusting the hem so that the vertices are matched up seamlessly.
Screenshots