Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
#26 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 12:30 AM
I usually make a YA couple in CAS, and wait til they're nearly adults before having kids. And for the second generation, depending on if there's sims around town, I will pair my sims up with one of EAs.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 12:34 AM
I usually start with a single lady or male Sim, and have them find a mate. Sometimes the funniest part is seeing them utterly fail out on the town.
Test Subject
#28 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 2:00 AM
I usually make a female YA Sim, then get her high enough in her career to have enough money to pay the bills. I add a cute guy to her house, and babies happen.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 7:45 AM
I follow these steps:

1. Create self-sim.
1.1. Create a sim based on a friend, or some other interesting character.
2. Buy the cheapest home available.
3. Get a job.
3.1. Go self-employed or get a profession.
4. Know coworkers, and go up to Level 5.
5. Find good-looking female sim to turn into self-sim wife. And depending on the location:
5.1. (Bridgeport) Anyone will suffice (but for some reason, it's either Matilda Smart, Olive Kipling or Flo-Flo Chique).
5.2. (Twinbrook) Immigrate some female character (most of the time being sims based on female characters from my favourite videogames)
5.3. (Hidden Springs) Woo any female service sim (the default maid is rather pretty), or Jennifer Sato, or Cassidy Earthsong.
5.4. (other EA town): Tweak them a bit in CAS if necessary and begin process of wooing her.
5.5. (Empty custom world) Same as 5.2
6. Marry.
7. Produce Children.
8. Raise children
9. Expell any child who isn't the heir.
10. Repeat the same process with heir. My self-sim must be gramps by now.

For female sims, the process is similar.
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 5:56 PM
I roll a dice. The first roll is number of sims. Then I roll for ages and gender, Makes for some interesting family structures.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 12:24 AM
lol, when I first read the title I was thinking "...Umm...well when a daddy loves a mommy very much..."

On topic, I usually either start with a couple. OR I make two seperate sims and play only one, hoping that through game play the couple will meet up under normal circumstances before the sim I am not playing ends up with some random townie.
Test Subject
#32 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 5:29 AM
I always start with one Sim and pair them up with another. But the game gets really boring for me every time I get a family of 4 or more, I don't know why.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 5:48 AM
I usually create a couple in CAS and set them as already married or engaged. If I'm not feeling lazy that day, I'll set them as roommates to shake things up. Then I'll get bored of that save game, delete it and start the exact same process over again...somehow expecting different results. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.
Theorist
#34 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 9:53 PM
I usually create a couple in CAS, set them as engaged or married and put them in my game. They get jobs, they work all the skills - I play EPIC lifespan, get to the top of their jobs and then they can go on vacation to work visas, have babies and sim life goes on.

If I make singles, I make a female and a male and make sure they get together somewhere in the game and get married eventually. I don't like my sims fraternizing with those EA canned sims... ewww gross.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#35 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 10:40 PM
I put 8 sims into one household and let the games beginn!
When all sims find their partners, I move the couples out.
Test Subject
#36 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 4:35 PM
I usually make a large family in a very small house, make all of their relationships negative and watch the madness :p
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 5:32 PM
I normally make an engaged couple, normally with 2 pets that can breed. Then I throw a wedding party when my sims have a celebrity level of 4. After they are happily married I try for 2 girls and then raise them. My pets normally have kids before my sims.
Instructor
#38 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 5:50 PM
The way I start off my families is pretty random. It kinda depends on what kind of family I want to make and what role I'll have them will in the future. Most of my families are created with the idea of a lot of romance in mind. All of them would have someone to admire, love, or marry, sometimes maybe even all three if the neighbor is just right. But usually, I start with roommates, and let their lives go down different paths from there. Their children (from whomever they'd laid with to have) will grow up to have children with their neighbors' children and so on, until almost everyone in the entire 'hood is connected to each other in some way. In short, I create everyone with different roots so that everyone can come together into a great big family, even the ones who'd just moved in would have a spot if they're up for friendship, marriage or some baby-making.

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 7:38 PM
I either create one sim (and do the legacy challenge)
or I create a couple and as soon as they both hit level 5 of their careers either adopt/ get pregnant.
Scholar
#40 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 6:23 AM
For the same neighbourhood : As different as possible compared to the last families I created for that neighbourhood. With conflicting traits or sometimes traits that have a lot of synergy. This depends on how I imagine the family. I tend to look at it as if I'm creating a family for a tv series.

I play with high free will and usually only focus on one member in a family for the skill/job progression. The rest is mainly there to surprise me Sometimes I treat the neighbourhood as a game of Monopoly, where the sim family will devour all purchasable property muahahaha. Then I grow bored with that family and create a new one for the neighbourhood, usually with a very different theme. But I like to see other created families still wandering around town ( so no EA storyprogression for me, yay for modding community!). During this I also develop the neighbourhood to my liking, trying to make it look more cohesive (this is my Sim City trait) by adding/cutting public spaces and creating new houses.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 7:27 AM
I usually start with one sim, unless I'm making families more to fill a neighborhood than to actually play. Usually female, but sometimes male. Gender preference varies. I usually have them date whatever sims catch my eye until one of them seems right.
Test Subject
#42 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 1:11 PM
I make a single Sim and have them flirt with someone they find, if they accept, that might be my Sim's partner. But if the flirt-ee is in a relationship, I just have them become friends until I can convince them to break up with their spouse.

I just love breaking relationships.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 3:32 PM
It appears to me that if you're going to start a new family specifically today, the only way allowed is to download the Chuck Norris sim and start with him.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#44 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 2:37 AM
Dang. I didn't know that. I thought I had free choice over what to do in my game! Well, guess what? I do. And Chuck Norris can't come do something because it's already past April-- *ding dong* Sorry, I have to go. Someone is at the door.

And this user was never seen in the forums again. Ever.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 2:42 AM
Start with a couple and then use a random number generator to roll for gender (1 male, 2 female). Then, careers and babymaking.
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
Make one sim and take it from there.

To add to what I said earlier, I always just hit generate random sim a couple of times and make them after how they look. Like if they look shy and puny, I make a shy and puny sim! Do tweak them some tho, the random generator doesn't always make very human looking sims...

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 3:00 PM
I usually start with a young couple and a baby daughter (or sometimes son). Then after raising the child and earning some cash I move the grown child out and play with her household. That way she has some backstory when she takes on the world. Oh, and of course I create a similiar household with a baby who becomes a potential mate for the active households baby, which means there will be a cute sim for my active sim during all the stages of her life :D
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 1:07 AM
I start with either a single YA or a married YA couple, and get to makin' those babies That or I start with premades, or I might even create a household of 8 YAs and leave story progression to deal with them...
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 11:20 AM
I got bored yesterday so I made two friends, got them both pregnant, shoo'ed the father off the house and now the live happily ever after with their 6 kids and Henry the robot :D

Life Stage: Young Adult

Traits: Artistic, Bookworm, Dog Person, Over-Emotional, Good

LTW: Master of the Arts
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 2:04 PM
I almost always go in this exact order:

1) Make a couple. Give them a cat or two (rarely do I add a dog or a horse).
2) One partner is a novelist or a painter. The other partner is more often than not a scientist, chef, or a doctor.
3) Make them work their butts off for the first Sim Week, make money and get good at stuff.
4) Allow them a child. Then a few more kids.
5) They grow up.
6) I pick an heir and marry her out of the house.
7) She has a cat, and a kid or two.
8) Then I get bored.

I really need to mix it up...
Page 2 of 3