Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 1:45 PM
Default Custom Meshes Not Showing up
I checked over all the FAQ's and still cannot find an answer to my problem. I have do everything the FAQ guide told me to and the object meshes that I create don't show up in the game. All that shows up is a blank square and when you click on it the name and description show up but not the object. But objects I have downloaded appear in the game.

I am using Wings 3D to create the meshs and before you say that the .obj files produced by Wings aren't compatable with Wings 3D, I know that. I followed the JWoods Wings 3D tutorial and it still didn't work.
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 1:40 PM
Looks like you still need help making the mesh. I'm moving this thread from Help to Object Creation & Texturing.
Part-time Hermit
#3 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 1:53 PM
You could try the Object Creation Workshop And Repair Center topic in this forum and post your package file for others to see. There are different things that could be the problem, but the most common reason for an invisible object seems to be an incorrect mesh name: When you regroup your mesh into one group before importing into SimPE, you need to rename it the same than the original mesh was. Look at page 61 of the JWood object creation tutorial. If this doesn't solve your problem, then try the aforementioned topic.