Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 5:49 PM
Default s3oc download issue and TSRW re-texture problem.
Hi everyone, so firstly I would like to say a huge thank you to all of you amazing CC creator's out there! My game has been so much more fun having access to so much content. Especially PharaohHound for your dalmation spots, the appaloosa coats I design by merging all the CC together is so much fun!

Now, I have managed to make my own private facial marking's for horses but I can't for the life of me do regional/moveable markings. I have followed tutorials by REC, CF and Sammei P.S's very helpful you tube video but when I went to download s3oc, my anti virus said it was a threat, so the download icon vanished. I turned off the anti virus but it still won't let me download it. This is the link to what I try to download. So, instead I have been using TSRW, which i've made the facial markings with no problem's, however, when I go to re-texture the body marking I drew in PS, it comes up with the error message "Unhandled exception has occurred in component in your application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I am desperate to get some simple but meaningful marking's into my game so I can create a few real horses in game, as they mean the world. If anyone has any idea on how to solve this issue I will be eternally grateful!

Thank you so much for taking your time to read this :D
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 12:35 PM Last edited by Lyralei : 10th Feb 2018 at 3:43 PM. Reason: Clarifying what I meant
Moved to the create forums!

Hrm which version of TSRW are you using? I know TSRW doesn't really support pets in the first place so I personally would have used S3CO to clone it and S3PE to replace the textures. If you're having issues installing it though, I would briefly just turn the entire thing off (since it's a totally safe program) and download it. Then after downloading/installing it, reactivate it. Believe me, hackers or and dangerous threats won't slip into your computer just for turning it off for 5 min or less Do make sure you're not on any other site though just to be safe on that side

Let me know if you got to install it! Since those are the main programs you'll need!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:45 PM
s3oc download issue
Hi, I can't find my thread I posted yesterday so hope this is ok to post again as it's not a duplicate thread.

Ok, I have been having trouble trying to upload my marking for a regional/moveable one in game. I have made a facial marking by following REC's tutorial using TSRW. Now, I have tried to download S3OC but my computer virus scanner says it's a threat and removes it from my download folder. I turn it off and it still does the same thing. I have searched for hours online for tutorials to help with this issue to no avail. So, I followed the Sammi P.S tutorial on you tube but she uses s3oc, so again i've hit a wall. When I go to re-texture the image with my marking (all the files are saved as directed to on tutorial's) I get the error message "Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I have done a windows system re-boot as suggested on a PC website but that hasn't solved the issue.

I also can not access the S3OC once it's downloaded. It vanishes as my norton anti virus software says that it's a threat and I don't have the permission to access it so it's been removed. Is there anyone on here who can help me please, I have read hours worth of information on downloading this with the help section provided, also all of the reading TSRW tutorials incase I overlooked something but i'm on my knees here, trying to make my own private marking for a real horse...man why do these pixilated animals have so much power over me lol.

I am guessing it's something to do with my anti virus software? I just don't have a clue as to what settings might need to be changed (other than turning it off but it still kicks in to get rid of the download) Please help me, am going insane, thank you
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kendra Longson
I am guessing it's something to do with my anti virus software? I just don't have a clue as to what settings might need to be changed (other than turning it off but it still kicks in to get rid of the download) Please help me, am going insane, thank you

If your antivirus is free edition one, you can try uninstalling it so you can download S3OC, then just reinstall your free antivirus back after you finished downloading, but if you're using a paid version one, don't do that because that maybe a bad idea as you might lose what you already paid for. Just make sure you're not in the "wrong" website when downloading.
Scholar
#5 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 7:59 AM
Never uninstall or even disable your antivirus for these kind of things. Free one or not. There are usually options within the AV to deal with this.
If you are convinced that it is a false positive, then make an exception for the file. The file is probably in the quarantaine section of your AV program (not familiar with how it works in Norton AV, sry). From there you should be able to restore it.

Also make sure first to check with other people who downloaded the file too, that it is not infected. And let them know that Norton AV picks it up as threat.

Then there is usually an option to send a quarantained file to the AV maker for inspection (or their forums have a guide on how to do that). If you do that and they agree about it being a false positive, then they will change it for the next virus definitions.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:49 PM
S3OC is an old program that has been used by thousands of people. Norton uses many criteria to determine what they quarantine. In this case it could simply be age of program, or no current reputation available. If you want to take it out of quarantine on your computer, here is a how to link on Norton's website: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk...ns_retail_en_us

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 7:46 AM
Thank you for the replies everyone, will see what I can find out via their website later on, fingers crossed!
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:15 PM
@Kendra Longson I moved your thread to the forum it belongs (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=607069). next time when you want to track down your threads, just click 'my links> my profile. and from there, click on the 'find all threads by... ' blue button I'll merge the thread with this one so it doesn't have to be deleted as a duplication
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:30 AM
Default Sucess, thank you everyone!!
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
S3OC is an old program that has been used by thousands of people. Norton uses many criteria to determine what they quarantine. In this case it could simply be age of program, or no current reputation available. If you want to take it out of quarantine on your computer, here is a how to link on Norton's website: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk...ns_retail_en_us

Thank you so so much, I have managed to remove it from the threat list with no issues *happy dance* yay I can finally finish following the tutorial and upload my marking!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
@Kendra Longson I moved your thread to the forum it belongs (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=607069). next time when you want to track down your threads, just click 'my links> my profile. and from there, click on the 'find all threads by... ' blue button I'll merge the thread with this one so it doesn't have to be deleted as a duplication

Ahh thank you, apologies for not getting it in the right section!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Moved to the create forums!

Hrm which version of TSRW are you using? I know TSRW doesn't really support pets in the first place so I personally would have used S3CO to clone it and S3PE to replace the textures. If you're having issues installing it though, I would briefly just turn the entire thing off (since it's a totally safe program) and download it. Then after downloading/installing it, reactivate it. Believe me, hackers or and dangerous threats won't slip into your computer just for turning it off for 5 min or less Do make sure you're not on any other site though just to be safe on that side

Let me know if you got to install it! Since those are the main programs you'll need!

Thank you, I have downloaded the latest TSRW 2.2.59 I had used that for making a facial marking following Raymond Equestrian's tutorial, however, when I looked for body marking tutorial's, they said to use s3co but whenever I tried to download it, it was classed as a threat by my anti virus and vanished. I had managed to download S3PE with no problems, so was trying to find a solution as to why everyone else I knew were able to download it and not me.
Thankfully someone (apologies forgotten their name already :/) Posted a direct link about restoring threats stored in settings in my anti virus software and have just managed to re-store it and open s3oc!

Thank you so much to everyone and yourself for your help though, who knew wanting to make your own private horse markings for a real horse would make you get so frustrated haha
Virtual gardener
#12 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 10:51 AM
Hehe it happens! Sometimes we start with something and think it's an easy thing but aren't able to see the difficulties it comes with along that process of making things...

I'll shut up now before this get's any deeper

Glad you figure it out though!