Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#16901 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Yep- no "boolprop" before it (unusual, since this is the type of cheat that would normally have it), and I do believe that gwynne is right, you have to hit CTRL-F before it'll be activated. For such a useful cheat, it doesn't seem to be all that widely known- I've only known it for a few months at this point!

You've got at least a month or two on me then. I've still barely remembered to use it!
Advertisement
Scholar
#16902 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Booney
Another dumb question from me.
A sim died on street and there is no gravestone anywhere. Can this cause any problems? (And, yes, I was THAT stupid and saved.)

Yes, you need to be really careful with gravestones/urns as selling or deleting them can corrupt your neighbourhood. Do you have a recent backup you can use? If not, I think you might be able to find it using Mootilda's Hoodchecker http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=456523 . You will need to read all the comments to learn how to use it, but it's a really great tool.

You could also try the FFS Lot Debugger/Batbox by Pescado http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...topic,72.0.html .

Good luck!
#16903 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 2:59 PM
If you have an empty bluewater template adding a populated subhood after it will still contain the sims right?

Also for the hidden hoods should i just copy the lots folder to the empty templates if i still want them, just not the sims? I remember reading once that just installing the empty template without the lot folder will cause the witches and hobbies leaders to have nowhere to go so I'm a little confused.
Mad Poster
#16904 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 5:27 PM
How high does the relationship have to be for a wolf to bite a sim?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#16905 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:53 PM Last edited by marka93 : 29th Aug 2014 at 8:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
How high does the relationship have to be for a wolf to bite a sim?

A regular wolf wont bite Sims but the pack leader will.

Wolf: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Wolf
Pack Leader: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Pack_leader

Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
If you have an empty bluewater template adding a populated subhood after it will still contain the sims right?

Also for the hidden hoods should i just copy the lots folder to the empty templates if i still want them, just not the sims? I remember reading once that just installing the empty template without the lot folder will cause the witches and hobbies leaders to have nowhere to go so I'm a little confused.

No, you need to download and install these empty templates for they are cleaned and fixed. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#16906 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
A regular wolf wont bite Sims but the pack leader will.

Wolf: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Wolf
Pack Leader: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Pack_leader

I've read this already. My sim has a high relationship with a pack leader, but still wont get bitten. Does it have to be 100/100? I dunno what their relationship is at the moment, but I know it's in the 90s for both.

Theorist
#16907 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:25 PM
It doesn't have to be 100/100, but you do have to keep an eye on the queue and not line anything up after the LotP sticks "Nibble" in your sim's queue. If you do, "Nibble" will drop out, and that's the bite.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#16908 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:43 PM
@Bigsimsfan12 he should bite soon just keep on patting him.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Top Secret Researcher
#16909 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I've read this already. My sim has a high relationship with a pack leader, but still wont get bitten. Does it have to be 100/100? I dunno what their relationship is at the moment, but I know it's in the 90s for both.
It definitely does not have to be a high long term relationship, even the short term doesn't have to be close to 100. I've had sims bitten on the first encounter, with the help of the funky glasses (the aspiration reward, you know?)
If there is a minimum in long term relationship, it cannot be much.
So use the glasses if your sim can afford it, and it's best if his motives are high so he doesn't try to escape all the time to go to the bathroom or to bed Turning free will off could help as, same as vampires, wolves seem to favour idle sims over those that already have something in their queue.
Good luck!
Theorist
#16910 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
It's the same picture, Duine, the Uni version is an add-on to the original. I have both parts installed. I'll take the Uni part out and try with just the kid/teen part next.

Interestingly, after deleting all the desk locators off that lot, the sims dumped their homework at one of the computer desks, creating plenty of routing issues both with dropping it off and running out to catch the carpool and when it came time to do it, because the tv room is not that big and every single empty tile was taken up by a piece of homework. But that beats the heck out of leaving it in the street.

So it's not actually the picture being the problem. A few ideas that might help. Depends on how many kids there are, it might just be a routing type problem. If more than 2 kids, I often make another door available on either side of the house so they can go several ways to enter. If 1-2 are heading in the door, the rest drop the homework because the others are in the way. You could put pictures in different areas of the house, either on a wall shelf or even the floor. If they can all make it inside with no problem, the homework will at least be near each child's picture frame. Larger families are tougher to keep track of the homework. Another thing I would sometimes do is pause after each child pulled out their homework, clicked it 'to do homework', then they would either start it where they dropped it whether inside or out.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Top Secret Researcher
#16911 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 11:11 PM
Is there a way to fix stuck objects/invisible objects?

I have some furniture that'll occasionally go invisible but I cannot for the life of me remove it. The hand doesn't try to grab it and even with move_objects on it doesn't recognize the object. But if I try to put furniture on it or near it it'll say cant intersect objects or whatever the dialogue says. I also have a sprinkler that is killing my sims' environment mood when they are outside of their home but again hand wont recognize it etc.
Mad Poster
#16912 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 11:50 PM
Leaving him idle seemed to work. Gilbert came back tonight and I made Frank rub his belly and then just stand there and turned free will off. Soon after he was nibbled.

Top Secret Researcher
#16913 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 11:53 PM
Gcgb: yes, Pescado's stuck object remover . It will wipe whatever is on the square where you pu it so, I like to save before I use it

(Edit.: added link)
Mad Poster
#16914 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
So it's not actually the picture being the problem.

Nope, even after pulling the uni part, and setting just one of the kids to just one desk locator, it didn't work. As soon as the locator's on the lot they can't find any desks.

There's no problem with kids getting inside, and there's no problem with access to the main area where the homework desks were located. I built the lot with routing in mind. The computer desks have limited space around them because, well, everyone shouldn't ought to be in the media room at once: there are lots of fun and attractive things in the main living room where they ought to call the sims first--things that build relationships and/or skills. Only the sims who are too miserable to play pool should end up staring at a screen like zombies.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#16915 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:26 AM
The last time I did something like this, my whole neighborhood had to be replaced so I want to be very careful. I want to get rid of a dorm, bulldoze the thing. The dorm is occupied by a household of three playable students and one dormie. Do I move the playables one at a time from inside the dorm or can I move the whole group of them out of the dorm from the neighborhood view like I would move a family from a regular lot? What about the dormie? How do I get him out of there?
Top Secret Researcher
#16916 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:49 AM
Eliset: I've never had problems with that, who knows what went wrong the previous time :/
Back up your files and move the playables out from neighbourhood view (or one at a time using the computer if you don't want them to become one household). You don't need to worry about the dormies, all they really have is a "room key" token they will lose once the dorm is bulldozed.
Field Researcher
#16917 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Eliset: I've never had problems with that, who knows what went wrong the previous time :/
Back up your files and move the playables out from neighbourhood view (or one at a time using the computer if you don't want them to become one household). You don't need to worry about the dormies, all they really have is a "room key" token they will lose once the dorm is bulldozed.

I'll back it up and try. I'm constantly backing it up anyway! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#16918 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 8:01 PM
Anyone has some tips on how to clean a lot that has been lived in before uploading it? I know that the sims that lived there would need to be moved out and all their furniture sold, but I was wondering if there was a workaround for the selling furniture part.

What I had in mind was to use the StayThings shrub to make all furniture stay, move the sim out, package the lot and move it to another (test) neighborhood to clean it up, then package the cleaned version and share it. Sounds good in theory, but is it safe? Also, any recommended hacks that I should use on the lot before packaging it? I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I just failed at googling any proper information (hence why this falls under the category of 'stupid' questions...)
Theorist
#16919 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 8:22 PM
Has anyone else noticed some 'no autonomous' mods stop working after UC updates from EA? (Example: sims now playing red hands with mod in to stop it) My mods were all replaced and checked for proper packs.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#16920 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dagi_is_a_punk
Anyone has some tips on how to clean a lot that has been lived in before uploading it?

No. Not only is it not safe, it's not allowed for MTS. Cleaning the lot doesn't change the fact that Sims have lived there, and it may contain references we don't know about and those could cause corruption.

If you want to share, you need to be considerate of the people you want to download the thing you made. So, get yourself a photo program, document that lot, and rebuild it. Then share the new copy based on the original one. Really, taking the easy way out when that could corrupt things for people is just not the way to go if you want to share your things with others.

Stay things shrub should really not be used for moving lots except within that same hood. I am convinced that's how my first hood rebuild got immediately corrupted, because we know that some objects contain references to Sims who used them, and that's generally the kind of thing that corrupts. We can't prove exactly what references a lot contain, and how that affects things, but there are plenty of reasons to suspect it's not a good idea. So, stay things shrub and moving to a different hood doesn't help. If you insist on sharing that copy (really, don't) then you should at least make sure all objects are wiped, and replace them. It's still not guaranteed to be safe, but it's a start.
Instructor
#16921 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 9:10 AM
How do you get locals to do tai chi in Takemizu Village?
Field Researcher
#16922 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
How do you get locals to do tai chi in Takemizu Village?

You can't. To learn tai chi you will have to visit Takemizu's secret lot. To have access to the lot your sim has to dig up the map that leads to the place.
Mad Poster
#16923 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 11:29 AM
I thought the secret lot taught you the dragon legend?
Field Researcher
#16924 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 11:55 AM
It does teach the dragon legend.

You learn tai chi by waiting for one of the locals to start doing it, then joining them quickly before they stop. As with the local greetings, you need to do it for a while, for your sim to master it entirely.

As for the problem of actually making them do it... you can't. Well, not without cheating (which I admit, I sometimes do). I tend to make one of the locals selectable and force them to do tai chi, then have my own sim join and make the local unselectable again.
Mad Poster
#16925 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 12:40 PM
Does the werewolf savage interaction always turn the savagee into a werewolf or is it only if they lose the fight?
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 677 of 1000