Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#16951 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 4:03 AM
It certainly seemed your intention to insult gummilutt. Try replying without being an asshole.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#16952 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
It says it does, "During the fight, lycanthrophy is transfered to the victim." http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Savage

Thanks. I'd read that, but was sure I'd heard otherwise elsewhere. Turns out it was a feature of thefightclub hack.

(Pets Only!) Werewolves no longer automatically win every "Savage" attack, although they do receive a hefty battle bonus for being werewolves. Sims can now avoid becoming a werewolf if they do not lose any of the combat rounds. Losing any combat rounds will result in being bitten and becoming a werewolf, even if they win the battle. (Not relevant without Pets)
Lab Assistant
#16953 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 2:09 PM
One of my playable families invited the headmaster round, their werewolf daughter, Annabeth, transformed while talking to him. The headmaster had chat with Annabeth in his queue when I made him selectable and couldn't be interacted with at all. I cleared him off and they don't have got rejected for private school or got accept to private school in their memories. Once I nuke the scenario with the batbox will they get those memories and will the headmaster remember rejecting them and not come round again for a week?
Top Secret Researcher
#16954 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 2:17 PM
I've had "stuck" headmasters (not from werewolf transformation though :D) and I don't even nuke the scenario, I just reinvite him or another one for the next day, and he comes and everything goes fine.
I think he actually has to reject the kid(s) for that memory to exist, which he doesn't when he "freezes" before.
Also, as far as I know, there is no time delay for a second invitation, even if he rejects the family, he can still come for dinner the ext evening.
Field Researcher
#16955 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mechanon
One of my playable families invited the headmaster round, their werewolf daughter, Annabeth, transformed while talking to him. The headmaster had chat with Annabeth in his queue when I made him selectable and couldn't be interacted with at all. I cleared him off and they don't have got rejected for private school or got accept to private school in their memories. Once I nuke the scenario with the batbox will they get those memories and will the headmaster remember rejecting them and not come round again for a week?

I've had this happen several times as well. Not the werewolf bit, but the headmaster doesn't appear to like having interactions with him cancelled. He gets stuck after that. I just deleted him with move_objects on and invited him again. If it's still early (around 18:00) a new headmaster immediately arrives. The family won't receive a "rejected" memory if you get rid of the borked headmaster.
Mad Poster
#16956 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 4:06 PM
About Challenges: I JUST noticed that it LOOKS like if someone submits a new challenge that is very similar to an already existing challenge (like various "adoption" challenges) the mods (?) combine them. They add the new challenge like a comment attached to the first challenge. Is this correct?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#16957 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 6:34 PM
I have one question about regenerating my Neighborhoods folder. I'd like to start using this fixed version of Veronaville found in meetme2theriver's LiveJournal (not sure if linking is ok so I won't link just in case) and it says I should regenerate the Neighborhoods folder. Okay, no problem, I've done it successfully before with Pleasantview but it was more of a lucky half-accident and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to do it again without proper instructions.
I understand the part of regenerating the folder - I made a back-up so everything's safe. It's the after part that I don't understand. When I delete the folder, should I then launch the game, quit it, replace the new Neighborhood files with my old ones (+ fixed Veronaville) or how exactly should I do this?
Top Secret Researcher
#16958 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lotharioloveschocolate
I have one question about regenerating my Neighborhoods folder. I'd like to start using this fixed version of Veronaville found in meetme2theriver's LiveJournal (not sure if linking is ok so I won't link just in case) and it says I should regenerate the Neighborhoods folder. Okay, no problem, I've done it successfully before with Pleasantview but it was more of a lucky half-accident and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to do it again without proper instructions.
I understand the part of regenerating the folder - I made a back-up so everything's safe. It's the after part that I don't understand. When I delete the folder, should I then launch the game, quit it, replace the new Neighborhood files with my old ones (+ fixed Veronaville) or how exactly should I do this?

If you want to keep the original, EAxis templates, you delete the N003 folder in the My Documents location, and then place the fixed N003 folder into it. You will be playing the fixed templates the next time you start the game, but if you delete the Neighborhoods folder and have the game regenerate it, the old, unfixed neighborhood will be generated. If you want to replace the original templates with the fixed templates entirely, so the fixed hoods will automatically be generated by default when you delete the Neighborhoods folder, you put them in the Program Files location.

When you delete the Neighborhoods folder in the My Documents location, the game will regenerate those folders and files when you start it up, taking it from the Program Files location. That's why, if you replace the templates in the Program Files location with the fixed templates and then delete the Neighborhoods folder in the My Documents location, the game will generate the fixed neighborhoods when you start it up.
Field Researcher
#16959 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 12:56 PM
That was very helpful, thank you k6ka for taking time to answer
Mad Poster
#16960 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
On page 3 of this thread, Mootilda explains the difference in such a way that even I can understand it, which takes some doing, I can tell you! :P

Thank you! Will read it ASAP.
Instructor
#16961 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 4:16 PM
How do you guys take nice big pictures without them being fuzzy?
whenever I take pics they look fine of course, but when I want to resize them they get all blurry and crappy

I don't have photoshop so I have to rely on photobucket & picmonkey but I cant get them looking nice
and I've adjusted the settings in game for the quality & size but it does nothing . . .
it still comes out looking grainy and not clear

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Mad Poster
#16962 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 4:19 PM
What are you using to take pictures with? The most common mistake simmers do is to use the in-game camera, which really isn't up to par. I myself use Fraps, because it's the program I'm used to, but there are many alternatives out there.
Top Secret Researcher
#16963 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 4:25 PM
For most cases, I use the PrntScr button on my keyboard, only available for Windows. I think Mac users have their own special way of taking screenshots.

For my guide on how to delete a Sim correctly (see my signature for details), I used a program called Irfanview, which allowed me to take screenshots with the cursor in them.
Mad Poster
#16964 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
What are you using to take pictures with? The most common mistake simmers do is to use the in-game camera, which really isn't up to par. I myself use Fraps, because it's the program I'm used to, but there are many alternatives out there.

I use the in game camera and my pictures are quite clear. Maybe its because they're in game camera quality settings and/or the resolution and the details aren't set to high.
Mad Poster
#16965 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:03 PM
I think she wants them over a certain size, though. In-game pictures have a "large" size which is a good deal smaller than the screen, and digital pictures don't blow up well. The in-game camera does just fine for my purposes, too - but I had to learn to use Fraps to make pictures good enough to post shots for the download thread. It's nearly impossible to get a decent floorplan shot with the game camera.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#16966 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
For most cases, I use the PrntScr button on my keyboard, only available for Windows.

Thank You so much! until today I've never known that existed!! Perfect just what I was looking for :lovestruc

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Alchemist
#16967 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:26 PM
If I make my own townies, will the game assign them service jobs (maid, butler etc.) or do I have to do that, and if so, how?
Top Secret Researcher
#16968 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 9:11 PM
Omglo, those are not townies, they're service NPCs (maid, butler, and so on). The game will generate some when your sim calls to hire one, but it won't "assign" that status to existing townies, no.
(To make yours, I believe it's enough to give them the right code in SimPE (NPC type) but don't quote me on that, I let the game generate mine.)
Alchemist
#16969 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:13 PM
Thanks. That's all I needed to know. I wasn't sure if the empty templates and no-townie regen would affect it.
Theorist
#16970 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:05 PM
To create sims for hire in owned businesses, would we make them townies or down-townies? How would we be sure they would even show on the list? I'm tired of the useless sims with no badges, skills or anything useful. The list says 8 available choices and only 6 sims are listed. The short list may be due to the mods limiting respawns, etc.. I just want a few backups on the list just in case they're needed. My sims are going to start up a few small lot ventures.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Top Secret Researcher
#16971 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:07 PM Last edited by Lili975 : 3rd Sep 2014 at 12:20 AM.
@ Omglo: I have a couple hoods created with MATY's empty templates and Pescado's non-proliferation mods and townies will not be generated as long as notownieregen is in your Downloads, even if there isn't a single one. As for service NPCs, antiredundancy will prevent the game from creating three of them, but it won't prevent the game from generating ONE when needed.

Typically, when you first play the hood, a garden club member will be generated and come to your sim's lot. A matchmaker too (if you have the right EPs obviously). (Humble will come to pester your sim too but he's not really a sim, no generating :p).
The rest will be generated as needed, those that need to be hired, when you call them; the hobby mavens when your sim's enthusiasm in a hobby grows enough to start the hobby harassment. Maybe save often so you can exit the lot in case the newly generated sim is not to your liking or wears awful NL clothes^^
Have fun with your hood, it's so exciting to start a custom one!
Mad Poster
#16972 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:49 PM
Duine, I don't know the answer to your question, but I do have a suggestion. I, like you, wanted to be able to find Sims with badges fit for the job I want them for, without having to search endlessly. After all, in real life we get more than 6 applicants for a job, and they aren't completely random.

What I did is to create the equivalent of a employment agency. I create a household with lots and lots of Sims (or servos), and name them after a specific scheme so that I can recognize them easily. I use mods to give them the badge/skills I want them to have, and leave them all in that one household. Then, if a business of mine needs an employee and I want to get one that is right for the job, I use Phaenoh's phone book to get the number of that specific Sim, and befriend them over the phone. Then you just invite them to your lot, and hire them on the spot.

It may be a little bit of work, but once you got it set up it's not much effort. As for the naming, I went with names starting with S and below, to make them fall at the end of phone catalog (so they don't clog it up and make normal Sims harder to find). I made 8 Sims with gold in cashiering, 8 with gold in sales, and 8 with gold in restocking. Everyone in a category had names starting with the same letter, so that they'd group together.

There's also Moniques computer, which allows you to set employees to study a badge on the spot. I do that when I feel like being less "cheaty", since they get paid while studying if you do it at the business lot.
Theorist
#16973 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:54 PM
I use all the no corruption mods, etc.. I'm in an unused empty hood and setting it up myself. I want to have play-ables learn what they need, then turn them into townies or down-townies and have them show up on the for hire list or find a way to hire them if they're in their own place.

Thanks, Gummilutt, we must have posted at the same time. I thought about setting up a house, I'll try it that way. I do have a modded training register which I'll use and not sure I have Monique's pc, I'll get that too. Thanks!

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#16974 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 12:02 AM
There is a hack that shows all the available sims for hire . . . but I can't remember who it's by and I don't have time to scan through my downloads right now. You might ask in the WCIF section. Just don't use it with a hood where showing all the adults/elders/teens will crash you!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#16975 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 4:36 AM
By mistake I cleared the ghost off of the Caliente lot. I read deleting ghost will corrupt your game. How true is that and how bad?
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 679 of 1000