Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 1:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't check lifetime wants in game, simpe says something weird when i try to check
so when i try to check the wants for my sims in simpe, i get this error.
Quote:
object reference not set to an instance of object

this is what happens when i try to go from the sim description to the sims want file.

a rough timeline of what happened:

-It happened on my old sims 2, on both my neighborhood and a fresh neighborhood that i hadn't played before.
-I have tried disabling all CC and it still does it so i know that it isn't that.
-I recently installed Ultimate Collection after un- and re-installing the original game. when i moved my neighborhood to it, i had the same problem.

normal wants roll fine. but i can't even hover my mouse over the aspiration meter to check.

i decided to use SimPE to check their LTWs, and i got the error. is there a fix for this?

I should point out i had some difficulties in un- and re-installing the original game. I couldn't get it to uninstall AL, and then when i reinstalled everything else, the game wouldn't acknowledge any expansions besides AL.

I followed some advice on a forum somewhere i can't remember but will try to find, and deleted the program files folder for AL and others that weren't un/installing properly.

I don't have them installed in a normal location. i keep them on my drive F: in the EA Games folder there.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 7:03 PM
It may be simply a case of using SimPE to set the LTW to something real. Sounds like it's pointing at nothing at the moment. I'd have to fire up SimPE to work it out.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 3:49 AM
i can give you a copy of the neighborhood.

the wants are there, or at least there are want files there. maybe they became unassociated somehow?

it won't let me load it in the mts file loader, so here's one from mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0mcv8cszctvigtt/N004.zip
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd May 2018 at 12:08 AM
Gosh, I have the exact same problem!

The game seems to work ok, but I am afraid to run it tbh. When I load SimPE and click on the wants and fears 'object reference not set to an instance of an object' shows up. Along with those details:

Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. SimPE Version:
Default (0.73.44.37511).

Exception Stack:
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei SimPe.Wants.SWAFEditor.SetGroups(Int32 column) in D:\Development\SimPE\fullsimpe-svn\SimPe Wants\SWAFEditor.cs:Zeile 615.
bei SimPe.Wants.SWAFEditor.UpdateGUI(IFileWrapper wrp) in D:\Development\SimPE\fullsimpe-svn\SimPe Wants\SWAFEditor.cs:Zeile 505.
bei SimPe.Interfaces.Plugin.AbstractWrapper.RefreshUI()
bei SimPe.Interfaces.Plugin.AbstractWrapper.LoadUI()
bei SimPe.ResourceLoader.Present(IScenegraphFileIndexItem fii, IFileWrapper wrapper, Boolean overload)
bei SimPe.ResourceLoader.AddResource(IScenegraphFileIndexItem fii, Boolean reload, Boolean overload)

Source:
pjse.Wants.plugin

Execution Stack:
bei SimPe.Wants.SWAFEditor.SetGroups(Int32 column) in D:\Development\SimPE\fullsimpe-svn\SimPe Wants\SWAFEditor.cs:Zeile 615.
bei SimPe.Wants.SWAFEditor.UpdateGUI(IFileWrapper wrp) in D:\Development\SimPE\fullsimpe-svn\SimPe Wants\SWAFEditor.cs:Zeile 505.
bei SimPe.Interfaces.Plugin.AbstractWrapper.RefreshUI()
bei SimPe.Interfaces.Plugin.AbstractWrapper.LoadUI()
bei SimPe.ResourceLoader.Present(IScenegraphFileIndexItem fii, IFileWrapper wrapper, Boolean overload)
bei SimPe.ResourceLoader.AddResource(IScenegraphFileIndexItem fii, Boolean reload, Boolean overload)

Windows Version:
Vista

.NET Version:

After I click that away, the fears or wants do not show up.

help please
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd May 2018 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nyanchan
i can give you a copy of the neighborhood.

the wants are there, or at least there are want files there. maybe they became unassociated somehow?

it won't let me load it in the mts file loader, so here's one from mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0mcv8cszctvigtt/N004.zip

I downloaded it. Some sims I could, some sims I had the error. I cleaned off the 3 bad memories using Hood Checker. Samantha was ok, but the pink hair lady was not.
Sorry, i can't do more.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)