Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 8:44 PM
I have a question about the Compost bin, I was told leftovers can be put in but how, I'm not getting that option.
Advertisement
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#77 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 8:47 PM
I have one thing to add to the list of bad factors when being evaluated by the Garden Club:

Pet "puddles". For some reason (can't imagine why ) they weren't too thrilled about the puddle on the sidewalk.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#78 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 10:36 PM
Thanks a lot HystericalParoxysm, i'll take of my white hat for you.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 1:58 PM
If you have a nice garden in good shape and with a good room score, you can show it to the headmaster when he takes his tour. The one who came to my sim's house got very excited over the garden. Maybe he has a secret wish to be in the garden club. lol
Test Subject
#80 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 8:51 AM
I've got 8 plantsims growing a little over 400 eggplants. I should be making around $160,000-$210,000 when they are done, are these the best plants to make money from? I havent had enough money so far to test out trees and see how much they make, or how long it takes to grow fruit on them.
Can anyone tell me which are the best plants to grow? Also how many days they take, and which seasons are best to grow them in (if there is any difference).
#81 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 9:17 PM
I was wondering if there was a specific place to put your compost thing. I mean mine is full but I don't have an option of using it to fertilize the plants with it or does it do it automatically?
Thanks in advance.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 9:19 PM
Kaotic - you have to click on the plants and choose Fertilize -> Compost
#83 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 9:29 PM
Oh ok thanks for that Passion
Mad Poster
#84 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 7:24 AM
Are the sprinklers even working? I don't see them shooting water in my greenhouse. In fact I didn't even notice them until I went to build mode and noticed that they were movable, what with them being so tiny and all. And do you still have to water the plants yourself even with the sprinklers on? Thanks!
Instructor
#85 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thejarviclan
Frankie, the sprinklers break often and need to be replaced. They will water your plants just once per day so that may be why you've missed them in action.

If you hand-water your plants with working sprinklers installed, the plants will be over-watered, droopy and dripping. I deleted my sprinklers the first day because I could tell something was amiss, and have hand-watered as needed ever since.

I have never had trouble with sprinklers. My plants still sometimes need to be watered now and then, and of course they'll need weeds pulled, but for the most part I can leave them alone and they'll be okay.

And the sprinklers supposedly go off when the plants need to be watered.

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Test Subject
#86 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 10:47 PM
If you have a big garden then you will notice the sprinklers breaking a lot. A broken sprinkler will constantly spray water, allthough it wont be as much water as when they water the garden like they are supposed to.
#87 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 2:29 AM
Sorry I dont want to read through 4 pages so I dont know if this has been answered, but I just got seaons and was wondering, where do you go to get other seeds besides tomatoe seeds? Do you need to go to a community lot?
#88 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 2:43 AM
You need to have a certain talent badge level before you can plant more things.
Scholar
#89 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2fanatic
Sorry I dont want to read through 4 pages so I dont know if this has been answered, but I just got seaons and was wondering, where do you go to get other seeds besides tomatoe seeds? Do you need to go to a community lot?
Go to the first post and follow the link to the Seasons FAQ by HystericalParoxysm, you'll find the answer to any Season's related question... Reading doesn't hurt.
Top Secret Researcher
#90 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 6:00 AM
When you request your membership for the Garden Club, they'll always inspect your garden. Take note, they'll always give you their notes on how to grow your garden.

Example (Not the exact one :P)
"Soil, the beginning of all good plants.
Some fertilizer or compost will make these plants grow even better."
#91 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 6:56 AM
Didnt wanna start a new thread for this so I thought id post it here.
Anyways I was just wondering if you change the order of the seasons say like you put winter last and really wanted to see what it was like and didnt wanna wait for it to be winter so you clicked on the little season icon in the neighborhood mode and changed the 1st season to winter how long does it take for this to come into effect cause I did that and there seemed to be know change in seasons so i just put it back.
Forum Resident
#92 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamiccolo
I've got 8 plantsims growing a little over 400 eggplants. I should be making around $160,000-$210,000 when they are done, are these the best plants to make money from? I havent had enough money so far to test out trees and see how much they make, or how long it takes to grow fruit on them.
Can anyone tell me which are the best plants to grow? Also how many days they take, and which seasons are best to grow them in (if there is any difference).

So far I've sold eggplants and oranges... on one eggplant poll, if they're at thriving when you pick 'em, I've gotten $550 per poll... I think I got $99 for the whole orange tree but I don't remember if it was thriving or not.
I had no luck with tomatoes, so I didn't sell any, and I haven't grown any other veggies...

The trees will always be dormant in the winter whether they're in the greenhouse or not... the plants will grow year-round in the greenhouse... I think it takes about 5 days (or the equivalent of one season) to go from planting to harvesting/selling.

ETA: When you get the gold badge, you can talk to your plants and trees... make sure to do that, 'cuz it really helps...
#93 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ashen
Well, I've done lot's of gardening in my game. I always use a greenhouse. My garden Sim has a gold badge. Now trees hibernate even in the greenhouse in the winter, so then you can't do a thing, but I've had the same (meaning max results) with them and plants, and I never bothered with the seasons/time of planting. I have two ladybugs houses and 3 trees and 24 plants per greenhouse - never had any bugs.

Fertilize the ground. Plant. Somewhere there about the sprinklers should turn on. There is an option - water many - water only when this is available. When they start sprouting weeds use - tend many. You can time it really so that water many/tend many cycle is at pretty much the same time of the day, usually morning for me because I always plant new batches in the morning.

This should be it. I get maxed out results every time. Sprinklers seem to get turned on at the same time, morning/evening in my case so it's easy to follow.

Tend trees as well and when it's time for harvest, do not! do it if the color is less - talk to them and their health will rise and the color will go to full - then harvest. It's not that hard really. Same works for plants, if they are not thriving and you can harvest, talk to them to bring the health up.

Also a TIP: You can overwater a plant once it's ready for harvest to get it thriving and the best quality fruit/veg appear. Sort of like doing it by force but who cares since the plant disappears once you harvest.

I don't beleave you get bugs in the green house. so no need for the ladybugs houses.
#94 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by squall117
I'm 100% sure it does not need gold badge because I uded it with a sim with bronze or maybe silver, in one hour (After I finish some things and get playing) I'll edit this post and tell you if you exactly :D

I hope that when you gather compostable components that your sim dosen't go dig up all your plants, sence they are compostable. lol
#95 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carnifinda
Is it, really? I had both Herb Oldie and Nina Caliente turn into Plant Sims in maybe 5-6 hours of gameplay? Herb had a silver badge so he might have used a lot of pesticide, but Nina had just started gardening, she could only plant tomatoes and there's no way she would have sprayed plants 100 times. I was really surprised of seeing her turning into a Plant Sim so soon. (And now she's the perfect little gardener and Don is getting jealous of the plants :p)

yea I tested this already, and everytime it took about 18 sprays to change.
They had no skills, some with badges some without.
Whats great is once you change to a plantsim, you are able to everything to the garden, that a sim with gold badge dose.

Not tested but
I beleave that if your garden is in a green house you will not get bugs.
I also beleave that you get the bugs more often if your plants our dry.
And if you get bugs and don't spray right away, they spread to the other plants, if you wait a few sim hours to spray you end up with alot more infected plants.
The lovebug house's didn't seem to help me at all.
Also I don't know if anyone else had this happen to them, but I had fruit trees (I didn't want this sim to change to a plantsim so I stop spraying them.)
I had bugs on one of the trees and never got them on the other trees until I sprayed the one infected, also I didn't have the talk option yet so no matter what I did I couldn't make the trees happy, they bloomed several times, but only two trees beared fruit once.
I also read someplace that you could put the plants in your house, but I had already tested this (alot cheaper then green house.) and it is true you can put them in your house, but when I did it the plants didn't grow.
I beleave I am going to go test this out some more, maby if I place the garden lights in thair they will grow. ( I just found out that the plantsims get sunlight from them so maby the plants will too, I thought they where just for looks lol, hey wonder if the robots can recharge by the sunlights? hehe)
Forum Resident
#96 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 5:25 AM
Probably the reason they didn't grow in the house was because they need the sun to grow... try putting a heat lamp (I think that's what it's called) from the gardening section in your house and see if that gets them to grow...
Scholar
#97 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsuncensored
I hope that when you gather compostable components that your sim dosen't go dig up all your plants, sence they are compostable. lol
I'm 100% sure that doesn't happen at all (Tested myself)
#98 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by squall117
I'm 100% sure that doesn't happen at all (Tested myself)

Oh good lol
#99 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 3:58 PM
Default Few things I tested
Placing a garden inside a house dose work, as long as you have plenty of garden lights, my garden was 10x18 and I had 10 garden lights but had to add two more because a few of the plants was not growing, (I also had the green house roof) it cost alot for the lights, but it is still cheaper then puting up a greenhouse.
You can also put fruit trees in there, they stick out of the house a bit but they don't seem to mind.
I never got bugs with the first crop, I removed one wall with the second crop, then I got bugs on the plants.
When it snowed It didn't snow on the plants, Maxis has really made a smart expansion, so if you want to have your plants outside in the winter and not covered in snow (its really hard to see when they need water, or even when its time to harvest) I beleave you can Just put a roof over your plants.

Sorry this list is incompleat but its a start.
Orange trees thriving pays 99
Apple trees thiving 176
Lemon trees thriving 132
Tomato thriving 170 healthy 110
Cucumber thriving 170 healthy 115
Strawberry thriving 204 healthy 138 sickly 66
Pole beans thriving 216 healthy 144 sickly 72
Egg plant thriving 400 healthy 264 sickly 136
Pepper thriving 306 healthy 204 sickly 102

I think it may also depend on the time of year, and there is also different levels of Thriving/healthy/sickly and that most likely changes the price too.
Of course I guess we could just open the objects in simpe, and take all the guess work out lol.

I tryed the boolProp/Shift+click and infect the plants it didn't work for me, I got the option, but no bugs.
#100 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 8:55 AM
Okay, I don't see an answer to this: how many days do you have to wait to be reviewed by the Garden Club again? It's been three days & they always tell me to ask them "tomorrow". Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're only a day awaaay. :D
Page 4 of 6