Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 9:36 PM Last edited by murfee : 13th Jul 2015 at 9:01 PM.
Default Strange mesh transparency on clothes [RESOLVED]
I have no idea what I did to mess up my mesh.

I looked at my multiplier's alpha channels, and it's solid; I don't understand why my outfit is see-through, but alas: it is. (You can see between her legs in the skirt area -- think of the children!) It's nice for a harem outfit (pfft), but NOT what I wanted.

And I don't want to get rid of the CasHairSimple shader (I was close to doing that, tbh) because the little flowers and leaves need the alpha channel on the plant textures.

I THINK I may have messed up the backfaces somehow, honestly, but unless I start from scratch I can't be sure how to undo what I did. *headdesk*

So what gives; where did I go wrong, please?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 12:57 AM
Alright, I resscaled the backfaces mesh down to .998, so hopefully it was just too big and messing with the texture. (I'm not expecting too much though; this has never happened to me before .)

Someone pray for me.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 8:45 AM
Have you got the whole thing using simhairsimple? Why not separate the flowers into a separate meshpart and just have simhairsimple for that part?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 5:07 PM
Is there a way I can make an outfit with 3 groups instead of two? I have the dress as one group and the sim body mesh as a separate group.

I'll try that though; removing the flowers and merging the rest of the dress with the body mesh, so only the flowers have the shader. Couldn't hurt -- I finagled with the backfaces and it just made the issue worse.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 5:27 PM
I know there are some kids meshes with three groups, so I'd imagine there are some adult ones you could clone - I don't know which ones though, I always meant to make a list and never got round to it.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 5:37 PM
Kid outfits from the Store or the EPs? O__O

If that's the case, that's perfect, because I always clone the Teen outfits when I make clothes, since they have 2 groups. Then I just tick the Adult Ages and keep it moving.

*booting up TSRW to look for Kid outfits!*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 6:02 PM
I just redid the dress using the Flowers Grouped Alone method -- fingers crossed!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 8:59 PM
It worked! ^0^

Clearly I borked my texture somehow, because with the flowers separate from the dress, the dress' horrid transparency totally went away!

Thanks, Nysha! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 12:25 PM
Default The 3 group
There is a post made by BloomsBase with 3 groups at http://modthesims.info/t/519105 but this link is giving a 401 code and need password.I have a 3 group mesh I found using this site so if it will help sent me a message and I try to sent you the 3 group mesh.