Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 12:19 PM Last edited by ArtUrlWWW : 21st Jul 2015 at 12:39 PM.
Default An idea.
Hi, crew.

I working on my own game proto - http://lifesim.biz/blog/ . Now I have fully functional game prototype with limited abilities (for example, there are a few of furniture and no on-line mode realized yet).

The main idea of the project - to make the game, same as The Sims 3/4, but with more realistic graphics, VR support, with official support of the game modding by users/gamers. Will be created centralized system for distributing modding content between users with on-line gaming. For example, if you will create some content - some furniture for your in-game home - and if you will invite to your home another player - your mod content will be auto-distributed to that another player and will shown in the interier of your home at the screen of the PC of that player.

The main motto of the project - "In The Game you can do whatever you want!". There will be no limitation on modding the game - everyone will be able add to the game all that want, thus creating your game and your reality.

Project based on UE 4.8 with some content, writed in C++. In the future I plan to add support for mono, for C# game modders.

My plan of action:
- to come up with the idea to crowdfunding site;
- to gather the necessary sum for the development of the game;
- to sell the game in the Steam with a cost of about $3-5;
- to make game opensource. Everybody will be able co compile The Game for free (with no support of the core auto-update, only with recompiling of the game to update it) or to buy it on Steam (with core auto-update through Steam).

The main problem is that I can't write in indiegogo's project (or kickstarter's project) my address, because projects of the people from CIS (not from EU/USA) doesn't fund needed sums. I live in Russia and I need for people for my team in EU/USA for making project on kickstarter and/or on indiegogo. I can get you all info about me (I am not hiding, I open for cooperation) - my phone, address, my account's names in some networks.

If you will believe in myself and in my project, we will be able to make our community-based, open source, partially commercial The Game project.

Best regards, Arthur Khusnutdinov.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 4:34 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 22nd Jul 2015 at 4:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ArtUrlWWW
Hi, crew.

I working on my own game proto - http://lifesim.biz/blog/ . Now I have fully functional game prototype with limited abilities (for example, there are a few of furniture and no on-line mode realized yet).

The main idea of the project - to make the game, same as The Sims 3/4, but with more realistic graphics, VR support, with official support of the game modding by users/gamers. Will be created centralized system for distributing modding content between users with on-line gaming. For example, if you will create some content - some furniture for your in-game home - and if you will invite to your home another player - your mod content will be auto-distributed to that another player and will shown in the interier of your home at the screen of the PC of that player.

The main motto of the project - "In The Game you can do whatever you want!". There will be no limitation on modding the game - everyone will be able add to the game all that want, thus creating your game and your reality.

Project based on UE 4.8 with some content, writed in C++. In the future I plan to add support for mono, for C# game modders.

My plan of action:
- to come up with the idea to crowdfunding site;
- to gather the necessary sum for the development of the game;
- to sell the game in the Steam with a cost of about $3-5;
- to make game opensource. Everybody will be able co compile The Game for free (with no support of the core auto-update, only with recompiling of the game to update it) or to buy it on Steam (with core auto-update through Steam).

The main problem is that I can't write in indiegogo's project (or kickstarter's project) my address, because projects of the people from CIS (not from EU/USA) doesn't fund needed sums. I live in Russia and I need for people for my team in EU/USA for making project on kickstarter and/or on indiegogo. I can get you all info about me (I am not hiding, I open for cooperation) - my phone, address, my account's names in some networks.

If you will believe in myself and in my project, we will be able to make our community-based, open source, partially commercial The Game project.

Best regards, Arthur Khusnutdinov.

Try posting in the main forums for more attention
http://modthesims.info/fd.php?f=561

Quote:
The main idea of the project - to make the game, same as The Sims 3/4, but with more realistic graphics, with official support of the game modding by users/gamers.

These should be the main goals- getting the game mechanics (the hardest part) & modding framework down will be more important than graphics (which modders will help you with anyways). VR support isn't essential to enjoying the game, and a centralized online modding system is expensive in terms of servers and isn't necessary to modding the game.

IMO you will also need to develop this to a more finished degree before going to Kickstarter or IndieGoGo- basically have the basic game mechanics down and working before showing anything. Hope this helps!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 9:17 AM
ArtUrlWWW, you have my respect for attempting such a project, but this is still site advertizing which we do not allow on MTS except in your signature or your profile page. Feel free to add links there. If happen to become an uploader, you may also use MTS' journal function.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Locked thread