Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 7:13 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 3rd Oct 2014 at 9:41 PM.
Default Can't Erase some Terrain Paints - Why Not? (SOLVED)
SOLVED

I would ask this in the Stupid Questions forum, but I've found people tend not to answer building questions over there, so I will ask it here.

I was just editing one of my Lots and found out that some of the terrain paints won't erase, specifically the Mixed Rocks paint.
What's odd, is that some of it erased, but most of it didn't. I also cannot overpaint it with certain other paints, like the grass I want to use, but others, like the red desert dirt will overwrite it.
This is a 1x2 Lot that has been sized down, using the LotAdjuster. Could this be causing it?

I vaguely recall hearing about this in some capacity, but can't remember any details.

In the meantime, I will rebuild the Lot, but I'd like to know what's causing this, for future reference.

Anyone know what's going on?
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 7:45 AM
I think you're on to something when it comes to the lot being shrunk with the Lot Adjuster. Before you resize a lot, you're supposed to remove fences and terrain paint if they're on the lot. So, yeah, sounds logical to me that the resizing could be the problem here.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 7:37 PM
After having rebuilt the Lot, testing reveals terrain paints may now be edited normally.
So, this does seem to indicate that the issue with the original Lot was being caused by it having been resized.
The original Lot had been resized after the Lot had been built, while the new one was resized before it was built up (following the procedure for having at least one wall segment on the Lot prior to adjusting, etc.).

I did read through the FAQ for the Lot Adjuster and it says nothing about terrain paints, although, as is often the case, these various cheats can sometimes have unpredictable results.

(As an aside, being a careful Lot maker means I would indeed normally adjust Lot size prior to building, but in this case I was prompted to re-size by moderators after having submitted the Lot to the Upload Queue. I blame them. )