Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 2:45 AM Last edited by LoniousSphere : 24th Jan 2015 at 2:59 AM.
Default A few questions
Hello there.

I have ONLY the Sims 3 Base game and Late Night, so I naturally won't be able to access other features aside from those games. Here are my questions:

1.) If we were to remove all residential lots in the entire map, but preserve the sims, and instead place in the middle an enormous mansion/castle/apartment/hotel of some sort owned by no one and marked as a Community Lot, will the sims automatically live in it? I mean, where else will they stay? And I notice that being in Community Lots won't allow you to scroll up and down the floors (like in a normal house). Why is this so, and how can I solve this?

2.) And how do I have multiple "servants" in my castle? I just think it's really fun if I had a Bouncer in front, even though it's not a bar, and 2-3 butlers. And is there any "Bodyguard" mod or something? How do you place Bouncers anywhere, not just in bars?

3.) Also, I don't like the Rabbit hole system of restaurants. It's just really quite boring and unimaginative. I was thinking if they could be substituted by building maybe a Watering Hole, and having no stools by the counter so the Sims would have to sit down at actual tables, giving a more "restaurant" feel rather than a bar feel. Is this possible?

4.) And in regards to LN bars, is there a mod that would allow me to make some added manipulations on them...such as, adjusting what their time cycle is? I want a 24-hour diner that is NOT a rabbit hole. And I also wish to change the uniforms of the Mixologist, such as maybe giving the Mixologist a Butler-like look with a tuxedo if it is a high-class bar/restaurant, and replace the skanky dive bar uniform with something more different (I was thinking of a creating an 17th/18th century pirate-themed tavern with the bartender having clothes looking like from that time period). And...if POSSIBLE...although I doubt there are any mods for this...could I possibly have a waiter system for bars/restaurants?

5.) Also, are there any Upright Piano objects available for Sims 3? Keyboards are too ordinary-looking, whilst Grand Pianos are too...grand. It's really just hard to fit a Grand Piano into anything other than a mansion-sized building without considerably cramming it in. So I was wondering if I could download any Upright Piano object, just like in the Sims 2.

6.) And lastly, speaking of instruments, how do you make listening to a performance more "formal"? I mean I plan to build a miniature concert hall in my house or public lot, and it's kind of weird if we're just having listeners standing around looking at the musicians. It'd be good if there could be chairs where they could sit down and listen.

I realise this was a long query. I must thank you for having the patience to read and entertain my questions.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 2:49 AM
The people move with their house. :P

EDIT: Also, Arimel here has an upright piano for TS3. I use it. I'd link you but I'm lazy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by youngvulcanoes
The people move with their house. :P

Move with their house? But what if, as I said, I removed their house? I mean delete just the house, but not the people it comes with?
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 3:13 AM
You remove the house, you remove the family too. The family's still in your bin if you made them, but they leave your game.
#5 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 3:14 AM
You can't place sims in a world without a home. Sad but true.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LoniousSphere
Hello there.

I have ONLY the Sims 3 Base game and Late Night, so I naturally won't be able to access other features aside from those games. Here are my questions:

1.) If we were to remove all residential lots in the entire map, but preserve the sims, and instead place in the middle an enormous mansion/castle/apartment/hotel of some sort owned by no one and marked as a Community Lot, will the sims automatically live in it? I mean, where else will they stay? And I notice that being in Community Lots won't allow you to scroll up and down the floors (like in a normal house). Why is this so, and how can I solve this?

Not sure, but I think a Lot must be marked as "Residential" to allow townies to treat it as an apartment.

You'll also hit the limit of 8 sims per household quite quickly if you make an enormous apartment. This needs mods to overcome. I myself use NRaas MasterController to lift this limit; there's an option in that mod that allows more than 8 sims per household.

2.) And how do I have multiple "servants" in my castle? I just think it's really fun if I had a Bouncer in front, even though it's not a bar, and 2-3 butlers. And is there any "Bodyguard" mod or something? How do you place Bouncers anywhere, not just in bars?

Bouncers spawn only in community lots.

Multiple servants are possible, although in a roundabout way; you'll need the aforementioned NRaas MasterController mod. In essence, what you'll do:
1. Create a Sim, remember to add the "Neat" trait to him/her. I also recommend to add "Family-Oriented", "Hates the Outdoor", and "Handy" traits.
2. Dress them as maids/butlers
3. Add the sim to your household.
4. Using MasterController, add the hidden trait "Make No Messes".
5. Using MasterController, make the sim "Unselectable"

Now the sims will live in your household and start to have the tendencies of butlers/maids. There are drawbacks, though: butler-specific interactions will not be available, and they are not prevented to roam the town when they get bored in the house. To prevent the situation of NO butler in-house (due to everyone at the same time decided to roam the town), hire a butler via phone for good measure. The hired butler will never leave your home.

Steps 1 & 2 can be replaced by hiring a butler and adding him/her to the house.

3.) Also, I don't like the Rabbit hole system of restaurants. It's just really quite boring and unimaginative. I was thinking if they could be substituted by building maybe a Watering Hole, and having no stools by the counter so the Sims would have to sit down at actual tables, giving a more "restaurant" feel rather than a bar feel. Is this possible?

Get the Business as Usual Bistro from The Sims™ 3 Store. Here's a more in-depth look for this premium content. And here's a review.

I think it requires only Base Game, so no additional EP is needed.

4.) And in regards to LN bars, is there a mod that would allow me to make some added manipulations on them...such as, adjusting what their time cycle is? I want a 24-hour diner that is NOT a rabbit hole.

There are mods that allow expanded operating hours.

And I also wish to change the uniforms of the Mixologist, such as maybe giving the Mixologist a Butler-like look with a tuxedo if it is a high-class bar/restaurant, and replace the skanky dive bar uniform with something more different (I was thinking of a creating an 17th/18th century pirate-themed tavern with the bartender having clothes looking like from that time period).

Use NRaas MasterController on the mixologist, and click on "Stylist". Edit the "Career" outfit to your liking.

And...if POSSIBLE...although I doubt there are any mods for this...could I possibly have a waiter system for bars/restaurants?

In addition to the aforementioned Business as Usual Bistro, install The Business as Unusual Bistro Set by the great @ani_

6.) And lastly, speaking of instruments, how do you make listening to a performance more "formal"? I mean I plan to build a miniature concert hall in my house or public lot, and it's kind of weird if we're just having listeners standing around looking at the musicians. It'd be good if there could be chairs where they could sit down and listen.

Follow this Building Your Own Venue tutorial. At the "Placing the Audience" step, make sure that all "Audience Area Zones" contain chairs. You need the Showtime Expansion Pack to do this, though.

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.