Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#826 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 1:37 AM
I like the idea of the time machine as a requirement (if you have the right expansion). There are a few places where multiple potential requirements are listed.

Personally, I opt my active household out of the celebrity system. Helps to reduce the issues it causes.:P
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#827 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by burlingk
I like the idea of the time machine as a requirement (if you have the right expansion). There are a few places where multiple potential requirements are listed.

Personally, I opt my active household out of the celebrity system. Helps to reduce the issues it causes.:P

I agree. I have done this challenge several times but never finished. I am one of those people who never met an expansion I didn't like except maybe pets and well the ability to collect smaller animals made up for the defects in that one. I don't do very many stuff packs or world packs. I did have to get Monte Vista for the brick oven just because I really want one in real life and this is as close as I will ever get.

I am enjoying Into the Future. It's probably my favorite expansion. If you take a real job and no just a self employed job in the future it is really hard to advance. The biggest cheat issue with this one is that in the future you can look through the lottery archives and find winning numbers to take back to the present and buy a lottery ticket. Every time I get a new EP I start a trial family to test everything. My trial family has won the lottery for more than a million three times and has nearly 5 million in the bank but that was with going into the future to get the numbers. I think I will use the lottery when I start this challenge again only I won't go looking for the numbers in the future. If I win then great it will help a lot. If I lose then I am out that ten simolinons times however many tickets I bought.

I have been playing the Sims since the original game. I have never missed an expansion pack. The idea of not buying Sims4 gives me hives. At the same time doing anything that takes away our ability to edit and play with all the options, the idea that maybe the mods won't be as available or as easy to get or make... No, That's just wrong. I don't play the Sims on the gaming systems because I don't want to lose those things. If they make the computer version of Sims 4 more like a gaming system version of the game... I might buy the first one but I won't go any further than that. I think instead I will invest in several new copies of the game disks so I have them when Its time to update my computer and pray that it continues to work.
Lab Assistant
#828 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 6:14 AM
Okay, at some point someone posted a chart that listed all the LTW's the buildings they would need to be completed, the building they could unlock and other neat little things to help make this a bit more fun and better organized. I looked and couldn't find an update for it for the last two ep's So I updated it myself. If anyone is interested in it let me know and I will try to upload it to Goggle docs so you can download it. Just let me know. Due to my need to live in the middle of no where instead of surrounded by the noise of city life, I am still on dial up so it's not very easy for me to get documents uploaded, therefore it's only worth it to me if someone actually wants it.
Lab Assistant
#829 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 6:03 PM
UPDATE: I also got the IP expansion pack (just to make my sister happy, so she can build up her houseboat) and made a male sim to get the mermaid kelp, mastered both Scuba Diving and fishing, then bought the port (since there are no rules to unlock it, i just "guessed" the skills i needed to get this lot)

This lot includes turtle generators 1, 2, and 4... so i left the number 3 for the beach whose still needs to be unlocked. Also talking about this, i also managed to buy the theater/criminal rabbit hole but the lot is not complete... so no screenshots of it

In other news, I thought some changes that can be applied to make this work with University life expansion:

Comic Store: max out nerd influence and buy the lot
Stadium: Max out Jock influence and buy the lot
Java Coffee: Max out Rebel influence and buy the lot
Pool: max out jock influence, Athletics and buy the lot
Rebel hangout: max out Rebel influence, charisma (or mixology blah blah blah) and buy the lot
Arcade Center: max out nerd influence, athletics (or martial arts if you have WA) and buy the lot (if this seems weird just remember the bowling lane and pool tables there, martial arts are alternative just because i love fighting games too)

also i bended the rules to get the gym so it becames a bit harder: must max both martial arts and buy the lot. Plus bending has applied to science lab: master science, inventing and logic and buy the lot because fishing and gardening makes no sense for a science facility as a plus i have a picture of Clarissa Fournier right in the moment she maxed out nerd influence... too bad she has already got the salon:
Field Researcher
#830 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
Okay, at some point someone posted a chart that listed all the LTW's the buildings they would need to be completed, the building they could unlock and other neat little things to help make this a bit more fun and better organized. I looked and couldn't find an update for it for the last two ep's So I updated it myself. If anyone is interested in it let me know and I will try to upload it to Goggle docs so you can download it. Just let me know. Due to my need to live in the middle of no where instead of surrounded by the noise of city life, I am still on dial up so it's not very easy for me to get documents uploaded, therefore it's only worth it to me if someone actually wants it.

Hi!

The chart you are thinking of, I think was mine. You are right, I haven't updated it for the last two EP's (I don't have ITF, and I haven't played much IP cos of the lag in Isla Paradiso). If it would be easier for you, I can give you write access to the file on google docs, and you can add the bits you want, rather than trying to upload a whole new file? If you want, PM me your gmail address and I'll give you write access.

*edit* That goes for anyone who frequents this thread and would like to update the spreadsheet. I'm not precious about who updates it, I'm just aware most folk probably don't want to share their email addresses to get write access, and I'm not comfortable making it writable by the entire internet.

Here's a link in case you haven't see it before.
Test Subject
#831 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 10:51 PM Last edited by MissAtlantis : 30th Nov 2013 at 8:05 PM.
Hey. Its been a while since I was here. I decided to start this challenge over again. So I read some of ya'll comments about the flowers and how they are to much. Well what you can also do is keep the flower(s) in your inventory for a good while that way the price you get for them when you sell them will go down. I think that also applies to a lot of things you can hold in your inventory.

Edit 11/30/13
How in the world do some of you make money so fast? I'm almost on week four. Have a child, toddle, and a baby. One finish bedroom, and the kids rooms are not finish yet, and I'm still broke. My sim and her hubby do have complete skill(s) but I can't afford to buy a building yet. Someone please give me some hits.
Lab Assistant
#832 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 4:42 PM
Hey, I've been working on a spreadsheet for a while showing all lot types, their costs (and upgrade requirements), as well as what it takes to unlock them in a NiF challenge. Currently, it's still incomplete, I need to do some more testing in game to fill out the upgrade requirements, and see how the venues play in game, etc.. and the three newest expansion pack's NiF requirements are suggestions, based mostly off what I've been able to glean from this forum and the discussion here (meaning University, Island Paradise, and Into the Future). I wanted to post it to see what people think (it should be openable both in OpenOffice -which is a freeware office program, easily downloadable and installed, as well as in Microsoft Excel. If you have any troubles, let me know. It's far enough along now that I thought it might still be a useful document for other NiF'ers out there, so I wanted to post what I've got so far.

On a side note, also let me know if you can fill in any of the blanks in the worksheet, or are willing to help with the testing to do so.

Cheers!
illusorythrall
Attached files:
File Type: zip  LotTypes.zip (21.9 KB, 35 downloads) - View custom content
Description: an Open Office Worksheet with all lot types, cost to upgrade, and NiF requirements. Still in progress, some fields are empty.

My Sims 3 Profile (IllusoryThrall) - My Sims 3 Blogsite
"Spectres of the Past" - a Nothing is Free/Apocalypse (modified) Challenge
"Castaway Shores" - a Nothing is Free Challenge
Test Subject
#833 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wyldhawke
Hey, I've been working on a spreadsheet for a while showing all lot types, their costs (and upgrade requirements), as well as what it takes to unlock them in a NiF challenge. Currently, it's still incomplete, I need to do some more testing in game to fill out the upgrade requirements, and see how the venues play in game, etc.. and the three newest expansion pack's NiF requirements are suggestions, based mostly off what I've been able to glean from this forum and the discussion here (meaning University, Island Paradise, and Into the Future). I wanted to post it to see what people think (it should be openable both in OpenOffice -which is a freeware office program, easily downloadable and installed, as well as in Microsoft Excel. If you have any troubles, let me know. It's far enough along now that I thought it might still be a useful document for other NiF'ers out there, so I wanted to post what I've got so far.

On a side note, also let me know if you can fill in any of the blanks in the worksheet, or are willing to help with the testing to do so.

Cheers!
illusorythrall

Can you redownload this, it doesn't open with Microsoft Excel. It does with Microsoft Word, but I'm not sure if it shows the whole file or not.
Lab Assistant
#834 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 12:08 AM Last edited by Wyldhawke : 2nd Dec 2013 at 10:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MissAtlantis
Can you redownload this, it doesn't open with Microsoft Excel. It does with Microsoft Word, but I'm not sure if it shows the whole file or not.

Sure, I'll convert it to a Microsoft compatible format... I made it a Word file, and made sure the table was completely visible. Let me know if you have more problems. I've already started some in-game tests to fill out the rest of the missing information, which I haven't added to the file yet. Found some interesting stuff about some of the new ItF lots... Both the bot arena and the observatory are fully purchaseable and placeable in home worlds. They appear to work the same as they do in Utopia, too.. but more testing is needed to be sure. I will also test the investable lots mod to see the values those give. I'm even testing the Ford SkyDiving center!

Once I get the file finished, I'm going to put an online version of it onto my sims blog page, so it'll be easier to access and not take downloading.

EDIT: I will be updating the university requirements in accord with the newly posted rules, but this file doesn't have it yet.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  LotTypesWord.zip (39.9 KB, 36 downloads) - View custom content

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#835 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 7:11 PM
Hey all! Just a quick message to tell you that I finally updated the challenge for University Life. That my current generation for my Random/NIF challenge has someone required to be a video game designer may have something to do with it, lol. Also, I have confirmed that I'll be getting the last two expansions for Christmas, so expect me to finally get this challenge up to date sometime after that.
Lab Assistant
#836 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Avalikia
- University Life Rabbitholes:
Administration Center - Buy (not partner) the rabbithole (no skill requirement). ($150,000)
School of Science - Maxed Gardening, Logic, and Inventing or Science and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. ($140,000)
School of Business - Maxed Charisma, Writing, and Social Networking and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. ($80,000)
School of Art - Maxed Cooking or Mixology, Any Instrument, and Painting or Street Art and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. ($70,000)
Stadium and Annex - Maxed Athletics and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. ($115,000)

This made me think up lots of questions.. *sheepish look*
  • Are these in relation to making your own university world, or a "home world" university?
  • On that note, are we allowed to make "home world" universities/community colleges (which would require nraas' Careers mod)
  • If we can make home world uni's, does that mean sims who haven't earned a lot yet won't be disqualified for attending classes, because they aren't traveling?
  • On a related note, is the Nraas "Careers" mod allowed? - home maker, home schooling, that sort of thing? I didn't see it listed on allowed mods, so I wasn't sure.

Also, a side note.. grats Avalikia on the impending sim-goodness for christmas! I've been loving the Island Paradise and Into the Future expansions.. I only am sad ItF had no new achieves.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#837 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 2:10 AM
None of that relates at all to using mods to create a home world university - only the fact that the game allows you to place those rabbitholes in the home world so I've given you the rules for doing so. From what I can tell, the Administration Center doesn't do much for you, but the Stadium is basically a regular Stadium in the home world with the annex allowing Handiness classes. The three Schools allow you to take skill building classes, so you may or may not want them.

Having never used nraas' Careers mod nor having any desire to investigate such an expansive mod, I have no idea what it does or how cheaty or not the gameplay becomes so you'll have to be the one to judge. But I can say that the reason for the travel restriction is mostly because time is effectively frozen while you're away, meaning that any Sim that goes has perhaps weeks of extra time added to their lives, making earning lots a lot easier. So if by building a university in your home world it makes it so that your Sim actually has to account for their time, in theory at least that means that attending the University there wouldn't be cheating. But like I said, I'm not interested in testing that so I can't give a solid yes or no.

To summarize: Please review Rule #3 and use your best judgement.
Lab Assistant
#838 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissAtlantis
Edit 11/30/13
How in the world do some of you make money so fast? I'm almost on week four. Have a child, toddle, and a baby. One finish bedroom, and the kids rooms are not finish yet, and I'm still broke. My sim and her hubby do have complete skill(s) but I can't afford to buy a building yet. Someone please give me some hits.

well, I did money by rummaging my own garbage can with my crazy sim, then bought the easel and went for the salon (since it's no money requirement, i suggest you to get one lot that has no money requirement first). Eventhough there are no sims to fashion yet i decided to just keep the weekly income and use the sketch table to make designs so i could get more experience, then bought the computer and enslaved one sim into writting, writting is one of the most profitable carriers, only sculpting is more profitable than that. BTW I cheated the money in first instance via familyfunds to 0.

The traits you give to your first sim are the key, think on those that would give you the most easy part (gatherer and insane are good choices, for example, or savy sculptor and artistic) and keep an eye on collectibles, unless you play in asgaard empty world all maxis worlds have spawners outside lots (asgaard has no spawners, except for fish ones) so go hunt them for profit, allways cut gems and sell metals raw, bugs and other little pets must be sold at first and keep strafalarious stuff for last. Don't aim for the main hall, science labs, school or hangouts at first it will be very hard to get all of those requirements.
Even if you go broke send children to Boarding school so they don't need their own room until they return, plus less money would be invested in food for them, also the minus toilet clogged and broken showers will do you a favor, plus is a cruel sacrifice that can help your finances for obvious reasons (800 Simoleons < New room + beds). If you got the simoleons for crafting theirselves a room and a genious child you can turn imaginary friends real by researching in the chemical station the infamous potion, a child has a 50% chance to get one of those dolls.
Finally remember that MEN ARE SPENDABLE, don't use young again or life fruits on them plus they can still breed children in their last days so just don't try to save them, keep the women young the most you can. Also if one of your girls get into old age leave her and her husband in the old house and move to a new empty lot, start building another house with the rest of your sims. I used the pregnancy glitch to extend the youthness (get your sim pregnant one day before they birthday, she will stay at 0 and will only get her bday 2 days after her delivering) in the alphabet challenge, but lost that game before taking pics so i have to do that challenge again (and planning to make it more hard this time, now will be Dragon Age Sim related) it also works here, Clarissa has taken the young again potion just once and has lived more than 100 sim days and had like 3 husbands in her lifetime, but she is becoming boring, i will switch soon to her childish daughter soon, Lucia Cotton, and aim for the nectary.
Test Subject
#839 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 2:32 AM
Awww didn't see your post Slave_zombie_student, but thank you. Yes I had change my way of figuring out who going to get what, and decided to get all I can for free. My sim have a hubby and 5 kids and one IF made real. Trying to get the other two real, but the game wont let me.

My hubby, Clark, 3 days pass 100 just got me the small park, and just in time, for he just pass away right after I put the park down. I was trying to get my Founder pregnant one last time before Reaper come for him, but I'm guessing he knew what I was thinking for he came right away.

Founder Angela Armstrong max Writing. Was going for the bookstore but since I saw that the Library is cheaper going for that instead. But might change my mind again later.
http://i.imgur.com/62ObLi5.jpg?1

Hubby Clark Sauer just max Gardening. Receive small park.
http://i.imgur.com/qnmuw5T.jpg?1

Their first picture together
http://i.imgur.com/tnytchW.jpg?1

Oldest son Brett. Logic 9, painting 6, and athletics 6. Going for Police station
http://i.imgur.com/aGb6JSP.jpg?1

Brett's IF and GF Buffy. Charisma 6. Going for City Hall
http://i.imgur.com/OorPnID.jpg?1

Second son Brandon. Painting 6. Going for Salon. Going to make his IF Buddy real in a sec.
http://i.imgur.com/Aq8Yo2u.jpg?1

Older daughter Brittany. Logic 8 and Charisma 0. She working for the school. Going to start her on charisma soon. Not sure when to make her IF Ben real.
http://i.imgur.com/DuEClUZ.jpg?1

Third son Bobby. Going for the bookstore? Writing 1 but do have a Logic of 4.
http://i.imgur.com/0sxd4O2.jpg?1

Forth son Bart. might go for science lab or criminal warehouse. He does have an IF name Barbie
http://i.imgur.com/lp0tKDR.jpg?1

Will be doing makeovers soon.

Edit:
I did plan on moving the family out of the house before Clark died, but the remade house looked to empty. I could have move, but with the house love half empty and no more money since I wanted to make another IF made real potion. We became broke fast. But I'm not worried. The family will move out as soon as the oldest becomes an adult. We should have more money then.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#840 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by slave_zombie_student
Even if you go broke send children to Boarding school so they don't need their own room until they return, plus less money would be invested in food for them, also the minus toilet clogged and broken showers will do you a favor, plus is a cruel sacrifice that can help your finances for obvious reasons (800 Simoleons < New room + beds).

Or, if you don't send your children to boarding school, you can make them spend their every waking moment writing or painting. By the time they become Young Adults, they will have paid for not only all the time and trouble of raising them, but also earned enough money to pay for a new house for themselves - and then some. And while your boarding school children could do the same during their teens, they're just so far behind any Sim who did it during their childhood as well that it's simply not worth the lost time. Also, building a new room for each child is wasteful - instead build one big room and fill it with bunk beds. That will work just fine until your family is rolling in money.
Field Researcher
#841 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 1:07 AM
I'm with Avalikia re: bunk beds. Also consider just putting a sleeping bag in each child/teens inventory. New NPC's can be given a tent if you have tents unlocked, until you have room to add more space. Real beds and bedrooms are for people who contribute!

My first home tends to be barracks style. Dorms with bunks and a bathroom and laundry in the basement, nurseries, kitchen and dining and all skilling equipment on the ground floor, and couples rooms on the top floor. (Getting married earns you a nice room just for the two of you so you have enough privacy to spawn). I tend to have only one bathroom on each floor, even if I have a lot of sims, and there tends to be one sim with the neat trait who's job is basically cleaning. Constant cleaning. Always cleaning. I overstuff, so things can get pretty hectic. Sims specialise pretty heavily so that there isn't much overlap in use of skill objects, and also so they can spend all their time skilling and socialising, and just grab food (perfect quality because it uses ingredients from the gardeners garden and was prepared by our own in house chef) and then fall into bed.
Pregnant sims are treated like royalty, and I do tend to get a nurturing or family oriented sim to spend a lot of time with the toddlers. Ensuring I can choose traits for the babies and for the child stage is paramount since I wont get to choose the last two traits until I have a school in town. Its also useful to get the baby-skills up and going to give the little tykes head starts on as many skills as possible. Toddlers skill first, and then get to play with their IF if they have one until their birthday. IF's only get to come out occassionally because they are a pain in the rear, but I do try to turn them human asap because then I can control them and turn them into workhorses too).
I aim to get the 'Collection Helper' lifetime reward as soon as possible (the only thing I get first is 'no bills ever'). Then whoever has the stir crazy moodlet that day is sent to collect as much stuff as they can before they pass out from exhaustion or hunger or wet themselves.
Once I have collection helper everyone elses lifetime happiness points go towards new life time wishes (if I'm playing that variant) and mid life crises so I can choose all their traits.

My compound is a well oiled machine these days.
Lab Assistant
#842 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 5:49 PM
So.. I'm working on my Nif/Apocalypse challenge, and I'm having trouble figuring out which lots to go for first. Obviously, because I bent the junkyard and no inventing rules on BOTH challenges to actually give me a point to start from, my first priority is earning a Junkyard to "fix" what I broke in NiF on that one.. but because of my story restrictions, as well as Apocalypse.. things get a bit more complicated from there. Since I can't garden at all.. or fish.. (toxic waste, etc.) .. I'm wondering whether perhaps I can substitute Science and Inventing for those two requirements for the science facility. Obviously, without the science facility there is no electricity at all.. and no communications with the outside world.. and with NO other sims in town, this definitely complicates things. Once I get the science facility up, then I can "reinstate" contact with the outside world, which will bring in bills and protection money paying, etc.. and I'll be able to play things more "by the book" ... what do you guys think? Sound plausible?

Lab Assistant
#843 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Avalikia
Or, if you don't send your children to boarding school, you can make them spend their every waking moment writing or painting. By the time they become Young Adults, they will have paid for not only all the time and trouble of raising them, but also earned enough money to pay for a new house for themselves - and then some. And while your boarding school children could do the same during their teens, they're just so far behind any Sim who did it during their childhood as well that it's simply not worth the lost time. Also, building a new room for each child is wasteful - instead build one big room and fill it with bunk beds. That will work just fine until your family is rolling in money.

I did that at first but enough "mean spirited" sims started to roam at my homes, and auto-scold made my first household a nightmare so i opted for sending them always.

Returning to the topic of Asgaard I guess i will dismiss my old "guessed" university rules and use the oficial ones (except for the "gym rule" so it can't be so easy to get everything by just spaming dribbledine/fortsnatch plus excercise queen), Reenee Cotton was aiming for the Dinner/grocery combo but exchanged that one for the almighty Java Hut lot:

The stone oven from monte vista is blocked so nobody can acces to it. This lot has unlocked wild coffee plants (don't you say) and the wildflower generator... indeed seasons is broken, one lonely generator is producing 5 flowers or so, still those flowers were not as profitable as the Twins Carlos and Carlita Cotton, both disciplined, brave and athletic the only diference between them is that carlos has green skin and is a computer wiz who loves the outdoors while Carlita is a wizard with slob and flirty traits (damn you Clarissa Mc Cabe/Johnson/Fournier/Cotton, too many husbands have been dead and just bring you from 3 to 5 children in the process) Ironically Steve Cotton was victim of a comet who killed both him, the fashion designer and his mother while those two stupid paparazzis just burned and survived... hard luck.
Test Subject
#844 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 1:44 PM
Hi there.
I have a lot of fun playing this challenge. It's not easy but it's really satisfying when you can buy/earn a lot.
I want to do a Perfect Genetics challenge at the same time and I'm lucky as the second and third children are perfect heirs
So here's my family right now :

The founder is Rhiannon who earned the library

Her husband is Claude, a French tourist she met on the first day. He earned the salon. (I'm French so I was happy to find him)
He was nearly a senior, a loner and a couch potato but he was a great daddy. Unfortunately he died before seing is first daughter married

The first born is Caelia. She earned the police station.

Right now she's pregnant from an alien, Cexavu. I didn't notice he was an elder until she married him... He was 86...
I want him to earn the graveyard but as I felt it was cheating to earn something from a nearly dead "man", I made him drink a young again potion.
They will buy a house when their child is born as Rhiannon wishes to be a grandmother.

The second born is Dandrane. She will be the heir.
She's 8 in charisma and will earn the school or city hall, I don't know what's best.
Charisma isn't too hard to learn as all the tourists go to the library everyday.

She will marry her IF, Cacahuète (Peanut in English), who is working to earn the junkyard.

The third born is Agravain who will earn a Big park.

He will marry is IF, Cosmo, who will earn the grocery store+diner.

I have a question : Is the lifetime reward motive mobile allowed?
My sims use it only when they go to the library as I think it's too easy to make them learn their skill faster with it...
I took it because they have so many lifetime happiness points that I don't know what to do with them!

Also, when the requirement for a lot is only to buy the lot, how can you buy it? I just remove the price of the lot from their funds but I don't know if it's correct.

And one last screenshot who made me laugh. It's Agravain and Cosmo who stayed at the library too late. There was no police station at the time so I thought they didn't risk anything!
Rhiannon was really angry.
Scholar
#845 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 8:45 PM
I quit playing for a few months, but I am back again and going to try the NIF challenge again. I am having some mod problems so I haven't been able to play much. I have some questions. Does anyone else use the "Sims Monopoly" and the other mods that make everything buyable? Are you having any problems in your game? I am trying to see if these mods are making a conflict that is very annoying (sims can't learn gardening skill until they read a book or plant a seed. They can't learn gardening from harvesting)
Field Researcher
#846 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I quit playing for a few months, but I am back again and going to try the NIF challenge again. I am having some mod problems so I haven't been able to play much. I have some questions. Does anyone else use the "Sims Monopoly" and the other mods that make everything buyable? Are you having any problems in your game? I am trying to see if these mods are making a conflict that is very annoying (sims can't learn gardening skill until they read a book or plant a seed. They can't learn gardening from harvesting)

I honestly hadn't noticed before, but you are right. I just sent good ol' Agnes Crumplebottom out to harvest some plants in a fresh save, and she didn't get any gardening points. I'm not using Sims Monopoly, I'm using gesimzInvestableAmbitionsLots+SmallParks+MiscLots.package but the function of the mod is the same.

The thing that I dont understand is why would this mod be having this effect? I opened it up and its just an XML tuning file, and it doesn't seem to edit anything that could possibly conflict with the gardening skill.
Scholar
#847 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 7:50 PM
I have no idea why the mod is doing it. It's a minor annoyance, but one notheless. I do a minor cheat for it and give my sim a gardening book to read for a second. Or I let them plant a seed. Once they start on the gardening skill, it works just fine to let them harvest. You just can't start with harvesting.
Field Researcher
#848 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 12:40 AM
Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a fantastic holiday season.

LadyKelion has updated the NIF Unlocker Spreadsheet to include the content from Isla Paradiso and Into the Future. Click the link to check it out.

:D

Also, Kewpie, I hope you are having some luck fixing the bugs with your mods and ITF.
Scholar
#849 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 9:16 PM
Just started a new game. Unlocked the consignment store. It's slow going because I am decorating my houses to look all fancy. I'm saving up for either the library or the bookstore (depending on my mood)

Oh to the person who asked if the motive mobile is allowed -- it's one of those rules to make for yourself. I have banned it from my game, but others have not.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#850 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 9:34 AM
As promised, I have officially updated the rules for Island Paradise and Into the Future! Please let me know if you have any questions, especially with regard to the rules about Into the Future - it makes sense in my head but I'm not sure I explained it clearly.
Page 34 of 39