Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#276 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 9:11 AM
Sound familiar?

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Advertisement
#277 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 3:48 PM
Another thing to think about. Any of you who are SimCity players should remember Malcolm Landgraab from those games. In SimCity 3000 he is one of the characters who offers you a deal if your treasury is low. I forgot to add, he looks very eerily similar to Will Wright! Imagine that!
Site Helper
#278 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 10:06 PM
Malcolm Landgraab was also in the console version.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#279 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 4:01 AM
I actually found this right after i read through this topic x]

I discovered how much the Goth's from Pleasantview have in common with the Roth's from Riverblossum Hills. I don't know how many people realized this but..

The Roths
Morty Roth (Mortimer Goth)
Stella Roth (Bella Goth)
Sandra Roth (Cassandra Goth)
Xander Roth (Alexander Goth)

I thought it was pretty interesting comparing their bio's, especially between Mortimer/Morti and Cassandra/Sandra.
Mortimer: Cheerful and outgoing, Mortimer brings his old country upbringing into the modern age. He has an unsual fondness for insects.
Morti:Charming, yet sophisticated, Morty brings a bit of high society to the small town of Riverblossom Hills. He hopes that the fresh air and nearby relations will do his family some good.
Cassandra:Cassandra is the quiet, mysterious type. Nobody ever knows quite what she's thinking.
Sandra:Sandra is loud and boisterous and has no problems letting people know what's on her mind - and right now that's Jacob Martin!

They even have similar homes ;o
I don't have enough posts to post a link or else i'd share a picture. I thought it was pretty nifty :P
Mad Poster
#280 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 11:22 PM
Oh yeah! I just got that!

(I also found tons of easter eggs on my chair this morning. :P)

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Test Subject
#281 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 6:03 AM
Some more easter eggs I found:
Test Subject
#282 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 2:17 PM
This is weird, but when you get a radio, go into options and find Audio Options. Then click on "Pop" and (this happened on my game) there is a Pussycatdolls song, an Aly & AJ song and The Veronicas, I think maybe I've got them on there (Yes, you can do that) but I don't remember having Aly & AJ on my computer. Anyway, if you get to play the song on the radio, it's in Simlish. The PCD song is so funny, and the Veronicas is weird.

And I re-named Veronaville, it's called Bayville now, but I only like to play Magnolia Heights, my town that I made.
Test Subject
#283 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 8:47 AM
Remember that rumour about Hilary Duff being in TS2 Pets? Well she didn't appear on MY game >:l
Field Researcher
#284 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emma,
Remember that rumour about Hilary Duff being in TS2 Pets? Well she didn't appear on MY game >:l

You have to download her from the Exchange, I believe.

Diving into delerium yet again.
Mad Poster
#285 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 9:01 PM
Maybe some one else dicovered it. I was in the grocery store yesterday with mom in law and my husband. She went to wending machine and me and hubby were looking at the roasted food. Here in NJ, they write in two languages:Spanish and English. On top there were to signs. One said HOT! and Other said CALIENTE! I started laughing like an idiot because I just realized the joke maxis did with Caliente sisters The are Hot sisters to be exact XD hot as in sexy not as in temparature, but I dunno if it is same word in Spanish so don't kill me
Test Subject
#286 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 10:36 AM
If your Sim is studying and they turn the page, the page flips back! Interesting way to study a skill..
Test Subject
#287 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayteh
I actually found this right after i read through this topic x]

I discovered how much the Goth's from Pleasantview have in common with the Roth's from Riverblossum Hills. I don't know how many people realized this but..

The Roths
Morty Roth (Mortimer Goth)
Stella Roth (Bella Goth)
Sandra Roth (Cassandra Goth)
Xander Roth (Alexander Goth)

I thought it was pretty interesting comparing their bio's, especially between Mortimer/Morti and Cassandra/Sandra.
Mortimer: Cheerful and outgoing, Mortimer brings his old country upbringing into the modern age. He has an unsual fondness for insects.
Morti:Charming, yet sophisticated, Morty brings a bit of high society to the small town of Riverblossom Hills. He hopes that the fresh air and nearby relations will do his family some good.
Cassandra:Cassandra is the quiet, mysterious type. Nobody ever knows quite what she's thinking.
Sandra:Sandra is loud and boisterous and has no problems letting people know what's on her mind - and right now that's Jacob Martin!

They even have similar homes ;o
I don't have enough posts to post a link or else i'd share a picture. I thought it was pretty nifty :P

Someday maybe a Moth family will be created :D

Timer, Ella, Cass and Al
#288 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emma,
This is weird, but when you get a radio, go into options and find Audio Options. Then click on "Pop" and (this happened on my game) there is a Pussycatdolls song, an Aly & AJ song and The Veronicas, I think maybe I've got them on there (Yes, you can do that) but I don't remember having Aly & AJ on my computer. Anyway, if you get to play the song on the radio, it's in Simlish. The PCD song is so funny, and the Veronicas is weird.

And I re-named Veronaville, it's called Bayville now, but I only like to play Magnolia Heights, my town that I made.

Those songs came with Pets. PCD and Aly & AJ recoreded them in Simlish.
Test Subject
#289 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 9:23 AM
You know the guy that's with Bella in the Hot Air Balloon?

He's also in the Gondala ^^
And I swear I saw something red in the hang glider.
Lab Assistant
#290 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CandiceKawaiiClouds
Description: Ever notice that one of the female Sim dresses has naked babies all over it?

That's the Dancing Baby! I recognize the poses.
Lab Assistant
#291 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 8:56 PM
I just realized this today--

Mary-Sue Pleasant's name was probably taken from the character Mary-Sue Parker from the movie Pleasantville.

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 5th May 2009 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moonstruck Mind
When your sims woohoo with a servo, they get a custom memory.

Really?

What does it say?
Site Helper
#293 Old 5th May 2009 at 7:09 PM
Something along the lines of "They say you never forget your first time with a robot." (Which is really interesting when it was two servos together...)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#294 Old 5th May 2009 at 8:25 PM
I remember looking through the brick wallpapers and coming across "Brickrolled", with the description "These old bricks are never gonna let you down" or something similar- obvious reference to 'Rickrolling'.
Lab Assistant
#295 Old 5th May 2009 at 9:01 PM
In the big picture that looks like a futuristic cafe that came with TS2 pets, there are two color options: Orange and Blue.

Well, okay, OBVIOUS! Get this:In the blue option, the lady's, who sitting at a table with the man, leg is in front of the pole supporting the table.

In the orange option, however, the lady's leg is BEHIND the pole! I wish I had pictures to explain it better, but now is not the best time. I'll try to do it tonight.

I thought it was a nice little easter egg hidden by Maxis. :D
Mad Poster
#296 Old 6th May 2009 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ascarrott
The heart bed from Apartment Life is called More Romantic Than You, possibly referring to the site More Awesome Than You (MATY)

It also looks like the romantic-vibrating-the-only-bed-you-can-woohoo-on from sims1.
#297 Old 6th May 2009 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyle
It also looks like the romantic-vibrating-the-only-bed-you-can-woohoo-on from sims1.

Haha yeah, I noticed that too. Brings back memories
Test Subject
#298 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Metatwaddle
I dunno if this counts, but the Montys' and Capps' ancestors have names like Hamlet and Macbeth.

But there's no Ophelia! Probably because she goes insane and offs herself. I named one descendant Ophelia, and she ended up dieing. Of old age. Tragic, I know.
Field Researcher
#299 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Findabhiar
But there's no Ophelia! Probably because she goes insane and offs herself. I named one descendant Ophelia, and she ended up dieing. Of old age. Tragic, I know.
Isn't there an Ophelia in Strangetown? I think Olive Specter's niece is named Ophelia.

"Demons were like genies or philosophy professors — if you didn't word things exactly right, they delighted in giving you absolutely accurate and completely misleading answers."
--Terry Pratchett
Lab Assistant
#300 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by popsicle
The missing Bella Goth is the parent that appears in the cut scene movie of Alexander going to university in Pleasantview if Alex goes to uni after Mortimer has died. I only discovered this yesteday! Wish I had taken a screenshot of it but it caught me totally off guard.

Makes me want to go back and redo that part of my game, since I got Uni after Alex grew up.
Page 12 of 16