Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 2:47 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 23rd Sep 2018 at 4:36 AM.
How the Muscular Definition Works/is Created?
Anyone know how the muscular definition was made, and how exactly it works? They seem to be completely different from a normal map.

In the .dds there is the texture itself, but in there's also an alpha layer- how do these layers interact with one another?

Looking at making a softer muscular normal more like the one in TS4- I've always found the one in TS3 to be sort of harsh.

Edit:

Texture

Alpha:
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  EA Muscular Normal.zip (1.56 MB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Original EA Muscular Normal for reference.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 3:46 PM
Hi @jje1000 !

This by itself is already a regular nomal map indeed I think it has something to do with how the SkinShader renders the normals onto, well Casparts or the skin itself. In case you're wondering on how to make bumps yourself, here you go!: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...-for-the-sims-3

A way I would have approached this is making sure you have the RGB channel selected, smoothen the bits you wanna smooth out and then you just do the bump map method epxlained in the tutorial