Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 1:44 AM
Default Need help with CAS Texture Unitool
I have followed all the instructions. I downloaded both files, I have 3.5 with 2.0 framework and DirectX runtime. I tried running the program first on my own computer, which runs Windows 7, then I tried on my moms computer which is running Vista, and got the same exact problem. Is there something I overlooked? I couldn't find any other information on the issue.
Screenshots

Remember... He who laughs last, didn't get the joke..
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 7:56 AM
The Unitool is woefully outdated and shows no signs of being updated anytime soon, I would recommend you try another program.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 9:55 AM
Could you show us what's behind the details button? Are you trying to open a specific file, or just run CTU? CTU may not have been updated recently, but it still works perfectly well.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Could you show us what's behind the details button? Are you trying to open a specific file, or just run CTU? CTU may not have been updated recently, but it still works perfectly well.

It just happens when I run the program, period. I get the message as soon as it loads.

Remember... He who laughs last, didn't get the joke..
Banned
#5 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 3:43 PM
CTU is missing various options and is ruining some CC because of it. A good example is how it still doesn't have a necklace category, so people making new accessories that should be necklaces aren't marking them as so because the CTU has never been updated and they don't even realize that the category exists.

You should never advise using oudated programs, whether they "work properly" or not. They're still outdated.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reaverbot
CTU is missing various options and is ruining some CC because of it. A good example is how it still doesn't have a necklace category, so people making new accessories that should be necklaces aren't marking them as so because the CTU has never been updated and they don't even realize that the category exists.

You should never advise using oudated programs, whether they "work properly" or not. They're still outdated.

You said to use another program - so what do you suggest? CTU is still very useful, and for those of us who don't want to use TSRW there's nothing else that does what it does. I don't think telling people not to use it just because it's 'outdated' is helpful unless you have a better alternative.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 7:09 PM
I really don't know much about creating clothing, however, can't you just change the values in S3PE after creating in CTU? Using the values as shown in Sims_3:0x034AEECBwiki and edit the Clothing resource in the CASP? While the Necklace category doesn't show you can manually add (9) in there.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 7:59 PM
Yeah, Lunie, that'd work perfectly fine. I was thinking of hunting down the value to do a quick tutorial, actually, so thanks for saving me the time . Of course TSRW is also useful in many situations - but I prefer to keep the bloat down so I stick to CTU & S3PE.

What about the error details, kmercer?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Banned
#9 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I really don't know much about creating clothing, however, can't you just change the values in S3PE after creating in CTU? Using the values as shown in Sims_3:0x034AEECBwiki and edit the Clothing resource in the CASP? While the Necklace category doesn't show you can manually add (9) in there.

Yes, you can. But are people going to do it? No, they aren't.

The simple fact is that CTU has not been updated in ages. It's missing functionality. And because of that, encouraging people to use it isn't a good idea.

TSRW is a good alternative. It can make packages and sims3packs, it can access any and all clothing content from any expansions/stuff packs, and in general has a hell of a lot more functionality and is much easier to use. Even better, it's updated enough that it's not missing any basics. There aren't options to choose the newer expansions, for example, but you can still choose them under any of the other expansions (Meaning selecting the Late Night folder when prompted to select the Ambitions folder), and it works fine.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kmercer1
I have followed all the instructions. I downloaded both files, I have 3.5 with 2.0 framework and DirectX runtime. I tried running the program first on my own computer, which runs Windows 7, then I tried on my moms computer which is running Vista, and got the same exact problem. Is there something I overlooked? I couldn't find any other information on the issue.

I had the same issue. Vista and Windows 7 have security settings that block many unkown Apps from running w/o 1st changing these settings. Find the Unitool App (where you placed it in your computer) and right click. Go to "properties" and down at the bottem you will should see an option to "Unblock" your app. Click that and you should be able to run the program. Note: It should be just under the check boxs for "Read-Only" and "Hidden". Hope that helps.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 9:00 PM
Same thing happens to me aswell... but my error is with Daboobs: