Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#151 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 1:46 AM
bakafox... Thanks for letting me know, and thanks for participating!

kattenijin... No, I meant Natteryak, their entry has a few issues (gridlines especially!) but I've PMed them how to get rid of them for photo taking!

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Advertisement
Scholar
#152 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 4:58 AM
Default Round 3- Barkworth Family
The Barkworth Family - Mike and Meadow Barkworth both love the outdoors. They've always dreamed out having a beautiful log cabin home they can come back to after a long day of hiking and insect collecting. They would love for their house to be a traditional pine cabin, with a gorgeous fireplace in the living room. The bathroom(s) should be simple and in-keeping with the style of the house, and Meadow loves the idea of flowers, home-made quilts and decorations all throughout the house.

Rustic and remote this cabin was the place the Barkworth's were looking for. With the kids finally all out of the house they wanted to retire early and adapt to their new home while they were still young. Although their golden years may be just around the corner they are looking forward to spending their time together in the great outdoors they both love. There was also room enough for them to take their daughter's elderly cat, Fanny, with them since she couldn't have it in the dorm.

Second floor:

First floor: With large decks both at the front and back of the house they get to spend a large amount of time outdoors.

The kitchen is simple but does include a few modern conveniences, mostly because Meadow put her foot down and demanded a dishwasher.

With a large fireplace to keep them warm during the coldest months the living room is very cozy and just right for two.

A small simple bathroom is located directly off of their upstairs bedroom. Indoor plumbing was another modern amenity Meadow was adamant about having.

Their bedroom is spacious and airy.

Best of all they can both participate in one of their favorite pastimes right in their own backyard.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#153 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 5:29 AM
Default Round 2- Gravel Family
This contest has caused me to expand my simming world in good ways I now know how to retexture a painting to make my own artwork. I used to all the time for Sims 2, but hadn't yet for 3. After seeing the foundation for round 3, I switched families for round 2...so I now present to you the home of Tyler Gravel!

Being a top athlete has it's perks. Being able to have a nice house is one of them! After leading his team to their first championship, Tyler rewarded himself with a new home. Being a busy bachelor, Tyler turned of the decorating to an interior designer, who captured his tastes perfectly.

The classic contrasts and sharp lines of the house caught Tyler's attention , as he prefers a modern look. The simple landscaping allowed room for Tyler to add his own personal practice field.

The first floor features an open living/dinning area with an office nook. There is also a home gym, a necessity for a superstar athlete!

The second floor has a TV room, Master bedroom with en suite bathroom and a guest bedroom.

Simple living room and dining area. The fireplace is set off by a stone accent wall.

Tyler's favorite motivation poster decorates the gym. With a wall TV in front of the tredmill for watching playback while training.

When Tyler and his teammates are done playing on the field, they can go to Tyler's place and play on the ExoEdge.

A inviting bedroom for relaxing, or entertaining the ladies Features a closet.

The pool was another big draw for Tyler. The built-in grill is great for team cook outs.
Test Subject
#154 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 11:34 PM Last edited by lunajumper44 : 22nd Mar 2012 at 1:23 AM.
Default Round 2 Entry-Tyler Family
Just finished the lot, had to load SimPE to find CC that my eyes could not find e,e (Yes, I have that much).

Don't mind the security cameras, this is Tyler Gravel where talking about. Security is a must.

Tyler actually uses his kitchen, and even has his mother's book of recipes.

His home gym, with posters for motivation and education of the human body, with doors to the pool and the private basketball court.

An in home waterfall with wall lights. It's beautiful at night, something that get the ladies every time ;D

A large master bedroom with a very modern touch, with a manly chocolate theme.
Scholar
#155 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 12:16 AM
Round 2 - The Lewis Family

While they were sorry to leave their old house in leafy Riverblossom Hills behind, the Lewis family gazed upon their new mock-Tudor style residence located in the just-as-leafy New Pleasantview:

The ground floor consisted of an entryway with den, which the triplets immediately commandeered, the L-shaped kitchen and a large main lounge which gave the parents their own space too:

Upstairs, there was plenty of space for all - each girl had her own room decked out exactly as she wanted it, and Layton and Lucinda got their wish of bedroom with en-suite:

Lucinda wasted no time in bringing out the camera - she loved that kitchen:

Layton's favourite room was the main lounge:

Leanne found the bookshelves in her room were a godsend, but her large literary collection still found its way on to every available surface:

Lara's room was far more streamlined and a lot less cluttered, but just having space for her exercise bike was more than she ever hoped for:

And Lorrie? With hooks on the wall for her guitar, a corner for her amp and being able to leave her music stand up so she could practise the violin, she was over the moon! There was even somewhere she could leave the balalaika she'd borrowed from her teacher in safety:

It always takes a while to settle into a new area, but the Lewis family are confident that settling into their new house won't take too long.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#156 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 1:02 AM
lunajumper44... Your entry for Round 2 says "The Lewis Family", can you change this please?

Right, that's it! Round 2 is now closed! I have some scores from the other judges... however we will need time to finish the rest, so please be patient! Once all the scores are in, I will post them here and then PM the feedback to each of you individually. Please don't ask when the judging will be completed, because I don't know... but as soon as I can, I will publish the scores!

In the mean time, start thinking about your Round 3 entry, if you haven't started (or finished!) it already. Round 3 will be closing in two weeks time (04/04) and the foundation for Round 4 will be published this time next week (28/03.)

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#157 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 1:07 AM
What happens to the people who didn't make it in on time?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#158 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 1:10 AM
Phaenoh... They won't be allowed to compete, unfortunately I had messages from contestants who weren't able to get an entry in (who have been marked as "withdrawn", but the other entrants just have "no submission" next to them.) The rounds are 3 weeks long so I think that's plenty of time to create an entry, or if not, let me know that you can't continue in the contest.

Instructor
#159 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 1:26 AM
Default Round Two entry - The Lewis Family
After years of working hard in Sim City as a scientist and a doctor, Layton and Lucinda Lewis were ready to trade in their cushy--yet very cramped--apartment for a house with enough space to let their identical teenage daughters express their individuality. Also aware that they would (hopefully) soon be entering retirment, Layton and Lucinda were thrilled when Sim Realty gave them a great price on a beachfront house just outside the city!
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr...m9OIQRNfB6JA%3D

Well, it wasn't *quite* on the beach, but it was only a short walk from the back deck, and they could see the ocean from inside the house. This was a huge hit with all their daughters, but most especially Lara, an accomplished swimmer--who then demanded surfing lessons as soon as the family moved in.

Though the house wasn't a mansion by any stretch, Layton and Lucinda had the entire lower level to themselves (peace and quiet, finally!), with access not only to their own bathroom, but also directly to the jacuzzi just outside.

Their ground-level location also helped them ensure their headstrong daughter Lorrie, an aspiring musician, wasn't sneaking out to parties at night.

It was harder to tell if Leanne, their quietest daughter, was settling in well, but when they realized she was disappearing every weekend to frequent Sim Isle's many antique shops in search of new and rare books, they were fairly certain she would be just fine.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#160 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wgroome
Phaenoh... They won't be allowed to compete, unfortunately I had messages from contestants who weren't able to get an entry in (who have been marked as "withdrawn", but the other entrants just have "no submission" next to them.) The rounds are 3 weeks long so I think that's plenty of time to create an entry, or if not, let me know that you can't continue in the contest.

It's not 11:59:59 GMT yet...katalina522 posted her entry after you posted that the round was closed, but you closed it before the time stated in the rules...
Test Subject
#161 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 2:26 AM
Actually, it is based of the link wgroome posted: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ti...ck-8/runner.php
When I submitted my entry, it was 6 o'clock where I live, but my time zone is EDT, but for GMT it's a four hour difference for me, so you have to pay close attention to time differences or you could be locked out.
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 2:42 AM
Default Lipe2k's Round 3 Entry
Hi! Time for third round! I've chosen the Barkworth family for this one, and it was by far the toughest lot to make in this contest. I live in a hot country, so all I know about log cabins is what I saw in movies and Google, so if there's something completely out of place that could make a log cabin explode in real life, I truly apologize!

So, in my game, Mike and Meadow Barkworth were a young couple who loved the outdoors and travelled a lot around the sim world. They bought a little piece of land on a cliff somewhere in Three Lakes and built this small log cabin.

I've wanted to post a night shot since round 1, but only now it was possible At first, I was doing a two-store house, then I realize only one was enough for them!

Front of the house.

This is the living room, with some mementos they've bought while travelling to places not included in Sims 2 Bon Voyage EP on the fireplace.

Kitchen and dining area.

Their bedroom.

This is the lake, and you can see their little camp to the right of the picture.

They even have their own natural pool.

Floorplan.

Thank you for seeing my lot
Instructor
#163 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
It's not 11:59:59 GMT yet...katalina522 posted her entry after you posted that the round was closed, but you closed it before the time stated in the rules...

No, it was right. I was confused too, because the US is already on DST but Europe isn't, and I ended up being off in how much time I had to finish up with the annoying stuff (screenshots, cropping pics, uploading, etc.).

I already asked if I should delete the post b/c wgroome's PM saying it was too late came as I was uploading, but I'm waiting on a reply.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#164 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lunajumper44
Actually, it is based of the link wgroome posted: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ti...ck-8/runner.php
When I submitted my entry, it was 6 o'clock where I live, but my time zone is EDT, but for GMT it's a four hour difference for me, so you have to pay close attention to time differences or you could be locked out.

Oh, I missed that link. Ooops. Sorry wgroome. I guess I just assume it was by the time on here. Too many different times gets a lil confusing. That's why I posted last night just to be on the safe side.
Field Researcher
#165 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 8:46 AM
I wish I hadn't had to withdraw, but I shall definitely enjoy ogling everyone else's houses still.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#166 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 9:23 AM
Its such a pretty and clever house, and Day Light Saving Time is screwy and did happen in the middle of the contest. If you had checked the clock at the beginning of the project and noted down the time difference but haven't gone back since you would have missed the time change. They only barely missed it, not even a half hour, I'd let them in.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#167 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 11:33 AM
Default Round 3: Montenegro family
Rain Montenegro is a struggling artist. Her house is filled with art projects in various states of completion. She has a studio in her house so she can escape the world and focus on her art, and she also has a little shop to sell her art, but so far she hasn't got too many customers, as her house is located deep in the forest, in the middle of a swamp. The rest of the house she has filled with simple, cheap furniture, that she has bought from various flee-markets and recycling centers, and renovated with bright colours that give her happiness in the middle of the gloomy swamp. Rain loves the colour green, but can't stand purple. Purple has no room in her home.

Front:

Front closeup:

Back:

Overview:

First floor with the studio and bathrooms:

Part of the studio, and the shop:

Second floor for living:

Livingroom:

The foundation has been elevated with CFE, but the size and shape are still the same. I PM'd the host and they allowed me to keep my foundation modification, as it's still within the rules - and asked me to link to an additional picture that shows just that the foundation is whole, as it is hard to see in the other pictures. So here is the proof pic.

Pictures taken in lovely and grungy Twinbrook, CC by me, photoshop limited to picture frames (greeeeen )

Notes about building:
The lot is fully playtested, and my sim also gave me giggles when she started painting the artworks to be placed on the wall - the first painting she made, was the one above the fireplace. She was using the backyard easel. Quite a funny coincidence.. ^^
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#168 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 12:37 PM
Thank god I'm not doing Montenegro this round .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#169 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 3:18 PM
Wow This becoming one tough competition really quickly, this should be fun!

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#170 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 4:19 PM
katalina522... As you were only half an hour or so past the deadline, and there is still judging to be done,we can accept your entry.

Just as a note to everyone, though, please try to get your entry in as early as possible - I know it's not always possible but leaving it until the last day/hours (particularly as we are across time zones) can make everything a bit complicated. The clock under the "Rounds" section of the main post is the official clock that the contest goes by, so make sure you check it to know how long you've got! (And just as an aside, the UK/GMT clocks change this weekend!)

Scholar
#171 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wgroome
And just as an aside, the UK/GMT clocks change this weekend!
Which brings up a valid point:
GMT itself doesn't change, but with Daylight Savings (or as I think of it, British Summer Time) obviously pushing the clock forward, will the official contest clock alter as well?

While I'm not bothered either way (being a Brit I'd automatically consider cut-off being at one minute to midnight), those in other time-zones may have to re-adjust.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#172 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 12:54 AM
Selly... Yes, the clock will change to the time I'm in, but I'll change all of that come Sunday.

Scholar
#173 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 4:13 AM
Just to let you know, I'm working on my scores, but the damn internet connection keeps dropping. Sometimes it's only a minute or two, sometimes 15 min to 1/2 hour. I'll probably get them in tomorrow evening, as I have to work in the AM.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#174 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 1:29 PM
You might wanna update the table in the first post, wgroome - it still says R2 is open.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#175 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 7:08 PM
Hi guys, the other two judges have fully submitted their scores. I've been away from my computer the last couple of days (who knew it was sunny in Wales? ) but I am going to try and finish my judging - and at least post the scores - this evening if I get a chance once I've finished my work! Sorry for the slight delay!

Also, following on from the early discussion - the rounds will now close at 11:59.59 BST. This is simply GMT+1, however I have changed the link to the clock on the first page, so make sure you head over there to work out when the round closes in your time zone. Mucking up the times isn't a good enough reason for a late entry, sadly, so make sure you get yours in on time!

Page 7 of 11