Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 3:51 PM
I confess that I've never played a family long enough to get to the next generation. I only play each family for a few Sim days and then I go on making a new family. I might revisit old families from time to time and play a few more Sim days but never long enough to see them age.

I enjoy the creation of a family and the building and decorating of a house way more than playing the game itself.

Oh and I have 15,796 custom objects in my Downloads folder. That's 5.96 GB. And yes I always play with all of it. Sure, it takes about 10-15 minutes to start up the game but I can never decide what stuff to be without so I just go with it.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#52 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MajinKitty230
o. o woah, i'm not saying its bad but why would you download stuff when you don't actually play the sims 2 anymore? I mean since you have it uninstalled off your computer?
It's obvious. When s/he gets tired of Sims 3 and wants a fun game, s/he'll have the CC s/he needs for Sims 2.
Alchemist
#53 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 5:44 PM
I confess I enjoy being the almighty goddess of my sims. :D

I've never had more than, say, 900MB of CC, partly because my laptop would have exploded, and partly because I'm REALLY impatient.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#54 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MajinKitty230
o. o woah, i'm not saying its bad but why would you download stuff when you don't actually play the sims 2 anymore? I mean since you have it uninstalled off your computer?

Because I might just want to reinstall it one day, so I need the content just in case! The only reason I don't have Sims original and TS2 still installed is lack of time, I had a new hard drive and haven't reinstalled them yet. But I will!

That, plus I'm an obsessive hoarder ...

Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
It's obvious. When s/he gets tired of Sims 3 and wants a fun game, s/he'll have the CC s/he needs for Sims 2.

The most fun to play was Sims 1 I think, but I had a blast building neighbourhoods for Sims 2 and now worlds for Sims 3. :D
Scholar
#55 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 6:57 PM
Yeah, TS1 was fun. I'm totally sentimental about it. Still remember with nostalgia when Unleashed first got out, and I discovered that there are critters ruining my cat lady's garden. Of course, she had all those cats that hunted them down.
TS2 Pets gave us cats, but alas no mice. I don't really see a point in having a cat if that cat has nothing to hunt! I expected the mice and moles to spawn in tomatoes when Seasons came out, but no such luck. Poor kitties. Contrary to popular belief, cats are creatures that enjoy being useful to their humans/Sims.

Imagine how cool it would have been if there were mice in TS2, and then cats catching them and giving them as gifts to their owners, and then those lucky Sims stocking their fridges with them. Oh joy!

So I must confess: there *are* some things I don't like about TS2, the lack of aforementioned mice being just one among them.
There it is. I said it. I won't say it again.

I think I'm going to have to delete this post eventually. I can't believe I just confessed something like *that*...
And TS3 still sucks!
Mad Poster
#56 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 7:16 PM
The trouble with the mice was, you only got them if you had cats. And the mouse corpses would draw bugs, which turned into mice, so unless you were obsessive about noticing and cleaning up every time your cat hunted (and they could leave those mouse heads in some pretty hard-to-see places), you were soon overrun and had to get a second cat and the maid just to have any hope of keeping up. Whereas the catless slob next door would have roaches everywhere and never a sign of mouse.

I agree they should have given us mice and gophers and bunnyrabbits, as long as they didn't do them exactly the same way. If mice showed up in messy houses and you could get rid of them with the exterminator or setting traps, but stray cats would hunt them if encouraged - well, that'd be a great way to adopt a stray cat, wouldn't it? It's always been way too hard to adopt strays, IMHO. It's the easiest thing in the world IRL. I have to make repeated will saves to keep from doing it two or three times a year.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#57 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 7:26 PM
So I thought I was doing pretty good having not downloaded but a few things the past few weeks. After revamping my downloads folder and snagging a bunch of default replacements for most the clothes and hair in the Maxis catalog I felt that I was pretty happy with what I had and wasn't looking to download too much more. Famous last words as I then discovered this thread: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=23645.0.

Now of course I have to decide what to give up in order to download a bunch of this stuff since I'm pretty much at my folder maximum limit. I really am a CC addict.
Instructor
#58 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 7:35 PM
I was playing TS1 a few weeks ago. I admit, I loved the gameplay and the detailed objects. What I hated were the crappy graphics. I want TS1 with TS3 graphics! Is that too much to ask?

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#59 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alley_Gaytor
I deleted my 101 MB Default Replacement Clothing folder. The fabulous shirts, the jeans, the sexy underwear. All gone. It's back to fugly chic and EA defaults. I did it because I felt guilty for having a 101 MB subfolder in my Downloads folder, just sitting there collecting pixel dust. And that's just default replacement clothing. I'm not even counting the mods and build/buy items.

I scoff at your 101 MB and throw my 367 MBs on the table Good luck with the recovery,though!

"i'm obsessed with the mess
that's america."
-marina & the diamonds
Forum Resident
#60 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
Famous last words as I then discovered this thread: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=23645.0.

Dammit. I just had to go look!
----

IRT

My confession is that I often download entire living room, bedroom, kitchen sets just for the small 1 or 2 clutter items. I trash the rest of the furniture. I wish creators would offer stuff in single files more often.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#61 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meggythegreat2294
I scoff at your 101 MB and throw my 367 MBs on the table Good luck with the recovery,though!

That's a lead you won't hold for long. let me tell you.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 11:41 PM
60.5 GB. Beat that.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#63 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies

60.5 GB. Beat that.

0________________0 *bows to master of cc*

"i'm obsessed with the mess
that's america."
-marina & the diamonds
Scholar
#64 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 1:00 AM
60.5 GB. Beat that.

Man does that make me feel better. My paltry 3.98GB is nothing in comparison.

Quote: Originally posted by Bwinney43
Dammit. I just had to go look!----

Heh heh heh, that was my evil plan so I wouldn't be alone in my CC addiction. :D
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#65 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 11:35 AM
60.5 GB. Beat that.

Hah - 4.25 gigglebites, 16,061 Files, 1,330 Folders. I don't compare. How long is your load time?
Site Helper
#66 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 8:25 PM
Why did this thread turn into a "Brag about how much CC I have" thread? Don't we already have a thread for that? (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=334968)
Scholar
#67 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 7:17 AM
Oh, I'm gonna brag! Just yesterday I deleted more than 20 clothes recolors from my game! I'm on my way to recovery! I think I should be handed a merit badge for this. Like they do in AA clubs.

Funny, I spent hours deciding what to delete, when the whole point was to save on loading times, and that only takes about 10 minutes in my game. And the puny number of actual deletes... No merit badge for me, I guess.

But here's a llama as a consolation prize. At least I haven't downloaded one of those. Never. I swear. Not yet anyway. And I won't!

PS. Does uber-megahood count as CC? Because I haven't - nor will I ever! - download *that*!
What are you looking at?!
Field Researcher
#68 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 2:04 PM
5.36 GB with 17,756 files..yikes. My game takes five minutes to load. It's so nice to have a super fast PC. My last PC had that many and took like 20 minutes to load.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 2:26 PM
Because people like bragging about their download addictions, Mootilda.

To get back to the juicy confessions:
Even though I am dedicated to one-day rotations and have good solid reasons for it and will never change, when it's time to leave certain households I keep finding excuses not to get out of the house. I can have the Munny home on pause and saved a long, long time as I go around checking this and looking at that and periodically coming back around to Ernest and Sage Ann snuggled up in bed with those relaxed smiles on their faces...I'm like a parent who can't stop tucking the kids in.

I did type in the most embarrassing sims confession ever - and then I deleted it. Some things y'all don't really want to know.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#70 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I did type in the most embarrassing sims confession ever - and then I deleted it. Some things y'all don't really want to know.

Now of course I can't help but wonder.
Banned
Original Poster
#71 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 1:35 AM
Peni Griffin, the suspense is killing us!
Mad Poster
#72 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 1:52 AM
Naw; now you'd be disappointed if I told you! 'Cause once you've wondered: "Okay, what would be so embarrassing that a person who brags about the amorous prowess of her elders decides not to air it to the world?" you'll start thinking of wilder things than would ever occur to me. And other people's embarrassments generally look silly and trivial, don't you find?

Banned
Original Poster
#73 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Naw; now you'd be disappointed if I told you! 'Cause once you've wondered: "Okay, what would be so embarrassing that a person who brags about the amorous prowess of her elders decides not to air it to the world?" you'll start thinking of wilder things than would ever occur to me. And other people's embarrassments generally look silly and trivial, don't you find?

You are so right, you have no idea where my mind went!
Page 3 of 3