Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 6:18 AM
Default Elven NPCs?
Does anyone else find it weird that the only elven NPC's in the game (that I can recall) are the representative from Effenmont and the two suitors from the quest to form an alliance with them? Is there a way I could get the game to spawn some elven townies? I know that the player's kingdom is supposed to be made up of humans, but I'd like to see an occasional elf in the population.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 7:36 AM
Start a new game, any game. Go into CAS to create a new monarch. Then start creating sims. As you create them, save them. You game will put these new sims into your game as NPCs. I was startled to find a clone of my king in the game as Pig Farmer Junek. If you want elven people, create them in CAS, save them and you will see them show up in your game.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 11:14 AM
I don't know if it's random or not, but I've had a couple other elven NPCs in the game. Sometimes they show up after I've annexed Effenmont.

~~like a dirty dog
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyskye
Start a new game, any game. Go into CAS to create a new monarch. Then start creating sims. As you create them, save them. You game will put these new sims into your game as NPCs. I was startled to find a clone of my king in the game as Pig Farmer Junek. If you want elven people, create them in CAS, save them and you will see them show up in your game.

I have loads of saved sims, (some that have been saved as I've made new monarchs) I've never seen any show up as NPC's, that would be cool.
I've seen my saved clothing alot on NPC's though.
Did I misunderstand what you said? I've got flu so I've been a bit brain dead for the last 3 days =)
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
Does anyone else find it weird that the only elven NPC's in the game (that I can recall) are the representative from Effenmont and the two suitors from the quest to form an alliance with them? Is there a way I could get the game to spawn some elven townies? I know that the player's kingdom is supposed to be made up of humans, but I'd like to see an occasional elf in the population.

There is an elven druid in loads of my kingdoms. She wears a green version of the consort's outfit.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
I have loads of saved sims, (some that have been saved as I've made new monarchs) I've never seen any show up as NPC's, that would be cool.
I've seen my saved clothing alot on NPC's though.
Did I misunderstand what you said? I've got flu so I've been a bit brain dead for the last 3 days =)

I wasn't sure of it until the day I saw the monarch clone. Then I would add an odd hair color to a saved sim to see if it showed up. Sure enough it did. The more sims your game needs, the bigger the chance that the saved sims will be used. It does seem to use them totally random though. I have to say that it hasn't used any of the green ones yet. I don't see the ones that have custom skins. I don't know how the game chooses to use or not to use them.
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 10:59 PM
It used my sorcerer Voldemort once as the Snooze guard, same name and face. it was freaky.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
Does anyone else find it weird that the only elven NPC's in the game (that I can recall) are the representative from Effenmont and the two suitors from the quest to form an alliance with them?

I got two more elves from the guilds quest, one stayed as the apprentice to my wizard, and another as the muse to my bard.
One approach of the Political marriage also introduces some sort of elven bodyguard but he never shows up afterwards (though he does live in the castle, that's where he comes from when you invite him through the mailbox)

I've witnessed two regular npcs with elven ears so far, the druid, and a blond woman in a pink dress whose title escapes me right now.
Scholar
#9 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyskye
I wasn't sure of it until the day I saw the monarch clone. Then I would add an odd hair color to a saved sim to see if it showed up. Sure enough it did. The more sims your game needs, the bigger the chance that the saved sims will be used. It does seem to use them totally random though. I have to say that it hasn't used any of the green ones yet. I don't see the ones that have custom skins. I don't know how the game chooses to use or not to use them.

maybe having loads of saved sims would increase your chances? I'm gutted I've never seen mine as NPCs now LOL. I just cleared out all my non fave saved sims too, I'll have to go make more till I get some into a kingdom. Thanks for pointing this out
Scholar
#10 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happyopi
I got two more elves from the guilds quest, one stayed as the apprentice to my wizard, and another as the muse to my bard.
One approach of the Political marriage also introduces some sort of elven bodyguard but he never shows up afterwards (though he does live in the castle, that's where he comes from when you invite him through the mailbox)

I've witnessed two regular npcs with elven ears so far, the druid, and a blond woman in a pink dress whose title escapes me right now.

yeah I've got the blonde one in the pink dress too. She's the one that doesn't look overly elfy till you spot her ears, right? Her name escapes me too....isn't she a seer?