Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 10:16 PM
How do you use the sims 2 homecrafter
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 20th May 2006 at 8:45 AM
Have been able to follow some of the tute but with the big changes in 0.58 of SimPE it makes it hard. Also what is an MMAT file?
Part-time Hermit
#28 Old 20th May 2006 at 11:56 AM
MMAT is Material Override.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 20th May 2006 at 4:52 PM
Cool thank you IgnorantBliss as had no idea what it meant. As I am a noob to doing this there should be a tute for dummies too. lol Again thank you. :D
Test Subject
#30 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 12:01 AM
Does anyone know where to find a tutorial on how to do this using the new 0.58 version of SimPe?
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#31 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 8:53 AM
I ve just tried and failed...
will try more...

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 3:40 PM
I just want to make sure I'm understanding all this correctly. If I want to do a painting that will stand alone (not a recolor) I would first need to make a template (using these instructions) and then I can make paintings from there?

I started looking up painting tutorials when I got it in my head that I wanted to do a collection of pictures that will require a metallic black thin frame. And since it will be a collection, I wanted them with their own 'icon'. What I've realized in my searching is that my idea is completely above my skill/knowledge (if I'm correct in my understanding of needing to make a template first).
Part-time Hermit
#33 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 5:53 PM
No, you don't need to make a template, you just have to clone the object like any other (plenty of tutorials for cloning objects), but, unless you're actually changing the shape of the painting, it's a bit of a waste to make a clone if a recolor would effectively do the same thing.
Test Subject
#34 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 6:17 PM
Lovely, thank you. I'm going to go look up cloning now. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 8:49 PM
I got as far as step 7. Just wondering if a more step by step tutorial could be written for us simpletons please?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 9:25 AM
mmm, I think I am missing something here. Has SimPE changed much in updates? I'm using version 0.60.2 and I just can't 'get it'
I select the painting and pick clone
Open the "Clone Settins" Tab and uncheck the "Set Private Group ID" Checkbox
now I don't even have this checkbox??
I do have one that says Set Custom Group ID (0x1c050000)

I think I might need a 'step by step for dummies' tutorial using the latest version.

Anyone care to volunteer
Test Subject
#37 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 11:49 PM
I agree with Twinmum. I am also using SimPE .60.2 , and I also need a 'step by step for dummies' tutorial using the latest version. Please, anyone willing to give it a try ?

Thanks
Andrew :D
Forum Resident
#38 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by agroom
I agree with Twinmum. I am also using SimPE .60.2 , and I also need a 'step by step for dummies' tutorial using the latest version. Please, anyone willing to give it a try ?

Thanks
Andrew :D

Me too. Though I'm playing around with mine. Once I figure it all out and know what I'm doing I'll give writing a Tut a go.
Just let me figure it out first.

Wish me luck. :P
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 4:53 PM
I got as far as the export your txtr image and then the whole find your co-ordinates and input them completely confuddles me, Because I don't know what to put in. I know that my txtr image is 512 by 256 and that the frame is included in that image,which takes up 97 by 256 pixels of space. Which leaves me with 415 by 256 pixels of actual canvas. But now what, Because I don't really understand the whole hex thingie......
Test Subject
#40 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 12:52 AM
Default A little help needed...
Hi, I have been attempting to make my own templates for the Photo Studio plug in. I am doing something wrong as my recolors do not show up in the game. The templates show in photo studio and I can attempt to recolor them.

I am thinking part of the problem is my misunderstanding of a couple parts of the tutorial. I am fine until I hit step 8 which instructs you to remove the 128-Bit Key from the file name. How do I know what part it that key and what part to leave intact?

Then on step 14 it instructs you to change an instance. Am I correct that I change the instance in the property part to mtch the other one?

Thank you for your time.

Jo
Test Subject
#41 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodavis
Hi, I have been attempting to make my own templates for the Photo Studio plug in. I am doing something wrong as my recolors do not show up in the game. The templates show in photo studio and I can attempt to recolor them.

It's the same with me. Well I followed the tut here http://sims.ambertation.de/tut_ps.shtml which is pretty much the same if I see it right.

My problems start quite early. I use SimPE 0.68 (in German to make it harder to follow the tuts^^) and still am kind of intimidated by it.
Well, almost every step is (slightly) different in my version and my first problem is already in step 6, because there is e.g. no subtype which I could change and I'm rather confused whether I change all the values necessary or leave sth. important out...

So to stop me from telling my life story:
Please could anybody make a new step-by-step-explanation for the newest version of SimPE?
It would be greatly appreciated!
Test Subject
#42 Old 18th May 2011 at 6:31 AM
How would I go about extracting the catalog description? this is where I happen to be stuck.
Page 2 of 2