Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 7:27 AM
Default Downloaded the lot already...
I'm freaking out right now because I downloaded a lot on the sims exchange and everytime I start it up, it has a that normal 'enable content' well now after I download a certain lot that looked fine it mentions something about game behavior and doesn't show anything on the information...I really hope this makes sense, I'm going to print screen to show what I'm talking about in a few minutes...but besides that is it possible to do this sims2pack Clean Installer after you downloaded the lot? I just learned about this download recently, sorry if this question has been asked before.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 7:33 AM
Well, I'm not sure precisely the error you're getting (a screenshot would be helpful). But if you download content from the Exchange, -especially- lots, it's pretty much essential that you scan the lots with Clean Installer and ONLY install the content that you need from it. Usually this is the lot itself, walls, floors, and any furniture and recolours thereof. Anything you don't recognize or has a hack-related name, don't install. Otherwise you're bound to end up with lots of problems from hacks and hack conflicts.

Or, better yet, get all your lots from MTS2, where we require they're cleaned first with Clean Installer and will be hack free.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 7:39 AM
here's a picture of what I'm talking bout

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...sers/asdsss.gif
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 7:46 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 18th Feb 2006 at 10:21 AM.
Well, that top bit seems to be for global hacks. The bottom part is for hacked objects, or even just new object meshes. (Edit: I'm not sure if that's actually the case, as I just loaded up with hacks and custom content, and even though I have hacks, nothing showed up in the top...) You can go ahead and tell it to enable. If you experience problems once you start playing, you may want to check and see if something you downloaded is causing a problem, but that screen's just a protection thing added in Nightlife.

But again, as I said, make sure you scan lots with Clean Installer before you install them if you're getting them from anywhere but MTS2, or you risk hacks and hack conflicts.

If you have been doing so already (as you seem to indicate), I would recommend scanning your Downloads folder for hacks to make sure you haven't picked up anything you don't want to have.
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 10:17 AM
i recommend absolutely using Clean Installer to scan and install lots. i would never install a lot without it, even from here where i know they are required to be checked (paranoia lol)