Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#1026 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:14 PM
Fresh air.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#1027 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:19 PM
Mushroom and TV soap opera E.g Hollyoaks
I hate taste of mushrooms and i'm not interested in TV soap opera programs
Instructor
#1028 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IAmDeath
I loved her as Kat in Victorious. She was so cute and sweet. Now she's a big name pop star with an annoying voice who's trying too hard to appear all grown up. Fuck her (figuratively.)

I used to hate her too, mostly because I was jealous that all the girls thought she was cute, and all the guys thought she was hot.
Of course I've grown out of that. Now I dislike her because she's so hypersexualized and it's just CREEPY. Her voice makes her sound like she's 12 and prepubescent.
Forum Resident
#1029 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 12:49 AM
Being alive.

Kidding, kidding. I actually don't like smoothies. Not a fan of fruit.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Mad Poster
#1030 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 1:54 AM
Coffee. I keep hearing that I should drink it to get more energy, but it tastes like mud, and there's no way I can get used to drinking mud.

Tea. Not that it tastes bad, but my tastebuds like lots of taste. Tea simply tastes like hot, slightly flavored water, and I have to put half a lemon and tons of sugar in it to be able to drink it, and then the purpose of tea is long gone, and everything tastes like hot lemonade...
Mad Poster
#1031 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 2:38 AM Last edited by JDacapo : 27th Oct 2014 at 2:47 AM. Reason: Just didn't want to double post
Those darned underpants gnomes. I mean sure, they want profit after ???, but they need to sing a little more quietly when going through my underwear drawer.

Oh, by the way, I also hate tomatoes but I love tomato sauce and tomato soup. Tomato juice is gross though. Kinda weird.
Instructor
#1032 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 8:33 AM
It's not like I hate things, but when too many people like something I don't want to "like" that thing as well.
Like, literally all my friends told me "you should start watching Orange Is The New black it's awesome everybody loves it blah blah blah" so... I guess it's kind of difficult to put into words. I don't want to start doing something just because everyone does so. This is not some kind of hipster attitude, it's just that if something it's too popular it kind of makes it harder to see the appeal in it for me.
I don't know.
And the fun thing is, probably OITNB is a great show and I would love it! I just don't feel like watching it, because it's too popular. It's kind of weird. Anyone else feels the same?

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Instructor
#1033 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
It's not like I hate things, but when too many people like something I don't want to "like" that thing as well.
Like, literally all my friends told me "you should start watching Orange Is The New black it's awesome everybody loves it blah blah blah" so... I guess it's kind of difficult to put into words. I don't want to start doing something just because everyone does so. This is not some kind of hipster attitude, it's just that if something it's too popular it kind of makes it harder to see the appeal in it for me.
I don't know.
And the fun thing is, probably OITNB is a great show and I would love it! I just don't feel like watching it, because it's too popular. It's kind of weird. Anyone else feels the same?

Don't worry. Most popular things today are shit. Ugly,crappy and worthless shit.
Mad Poster
#1034 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
I don't know.

Yes! I feel like that a lot and I always get called a hipster over it. (It's the main reason I haven't watched The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones yet)
I also can't stand things that people "fangirl" over. I quite liked Harry Potter - but then there were just sooo many fans obsessing over it that I felt like I was one just for liking it, and now I can't stand people who are obsessed with Harry Potter. Same with The Fault in Our Stars. I read the book when it came out because I loved John Green's books. Everyone obsessed over it so much (I get at least one quote on my news feed every day. I swear) that I just can't be bothered to pick the book up again - they're making my favourite book into a film soon using the SAME ACTORS and I don't know how I feel about that, because yeah I'll like it, but cmon the same actors. I can't stand the actors in TFIOS because I see pictures of them everywhere all the time, and then of course everyone will read Paper Towns and obsess over it and then I'll probably not want to read it again for fear of finding it annoying due to 'fangirling'.
This is the main reason I don't have/like Tumblr.

Back on topic, I wouldn't say I hate these things, but I don't exactly like them:
Harry Potter
Doctor Who
The Beatles (I love 'Twist and Shout' but a lot of their other music is just 'meh' to me)
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (ok this one I actually hate) (I think my hate of Beatles and Queen songs comes from some people claiming that they're superior to everyone else who doesn't listen to them)
Sports
Soap Operas
The Chicken fights in Family Guy

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#1035 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 4:13 PM
Sitcoms. Just not funny to me. Even the supposed "good" ones like Modern Family and Big Bang Theory don't make me laugh.
Funny movies. The genre of comedy that usually stars Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis, or Adam Sandler, I don't find to be funny. Didn't laugh once watching Anchorman. I did find Wolf of Wall Street to be hilarious, so I do like some kinds of comedy, but not the usual kind.

Resident wet blanket.
#1036 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 9:29 PM
I don't know about any of you, but I just can't stand American music. I always listen to Vocaloids, cuz personally I think they can sing a hell of a lot better.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Scholar
#1037 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 10:01 PM
TFIOS movie. OMG WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?
Forum Resident
#1038 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 2:13 AM
John Green in general. I think he's really overrated and not even half as deep as he gets credit for. Plus there's the fact that young adult fiction has historically been dominated by women, but for some reason, he's the YA messiah, not any of the women who've been writing in the genre for literal decades. Judy Bloom, Laurie Halse Anderson, J.K. Rowling, Stephanie Meyer--say what you will about any of these women or their books, but they've got a hell of a lot more legitimate claim to the title "savior of YA."

Mad Poster
#1039 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
John Green in general. I think he's really overrated and not even half as deep as he gets credit for. Plus there's the fact that young adult fiction has historically been dominated by women, but for some reason, he's the YA messiah, not any of the women who've been writing in the genre for literal decades. Judy Bloom, Laurie Halse Anderson, J.K. Rowling, Stephanie Meyer--say what you will about any of these women or their books, but they've got a hell of a lot more legitimate claim to the title "savior of YA."

I love John Green books, but I agree. As well as that, he doesn't write anything new. It's the same 'guy falls for a very intelligent girl' every single time. Hazel & Gus, Alaska & Pudge, Q & Margo... and the two people in the Abundance of Katherine's... I only read it once a year ago and can't seem to remember the names.. but she's considered average at the beginning, and then even she turns into this smart girl who helps him with his dating formula in the end.
What's worse is that you can't badmouth John Green in the slightest on the internet without someone claiming he's the best thing to ever exist. I mean, I like him, but all Authors have some room for improvement.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#1040 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 7:38 AM
The Pearl by John Steinbeck, I... hated it? Because at that time I didn't "get" a lot of it. A scorpion is endangering le bebe so, Juana, how about you spring into action and do something instead of praying to the magical spirits of tir na nog? If Kino wasn't always shuffling music and stuffing his fat cheeks with his greasy, hand-rolled pastries he could have scorpion-proofed the room. About the music, melodies do not translate through words on a page so any time music is used to try to express... whatever Steinbeck was trying to do... I'm too confused so I'm superimposing Nobuo Uematsu Final Fantasy over it. That book made me feel heavy and joyless, I don't think I could ever go back and read that again, but that's exactly what he wanted. You win, Steinbeck, you debbie downer. I can imagine someone dying from reading this book.
Field Researcher
#1041 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
I think 'hate' is a strong word but something I never came to love was the Twilight series. The films started when I was at school and on non-school uniform days everyone would be in their "Team Edward", "Team Jacob" shirts and there I would be in "Team neither" attire. I just never really understood the hype. I never watched them all but I did see Part 1 of the final film at the cinema, and it was literally just Bella and Edward trying to reproduce the whole time. It was a really bad movie, safe to say I never went to watch part 2.

Haha, I was in school during the Twilight phase, too. I read the first book right before the first movie was to come out, but was disinterested. I wasn't interested in the movies. Of course, I've read about them on-line and it sounds pretty crazy (especially the last book). I've had small urges to see the movies, but not strong enough to actually sit through them. It sounds like cheesy fun to me, though. Everyone told me it's not.

Anyways, I was always indifferent to the books. The idea and premise seemed like it'd be right up my alley, but it just wasn't. I actually didn't mind the author's take on vampires and changing them up, even if it's a lot. She tried something new, and while many disproved of it (especially those that love their classic vampires), I applaud trying new things.

Online, it's pretty cool to rag on Twilight, I think, but yeah, during it's release (and first movie releases), the other girls would sort of shun you or get upset about your opinion, and mine was only indifference, so it could have been worse.

Side note: One of our school librarians got really into it. She was pretty cool and could always relate to the students. She would try to sell the Team stuff to students after school. Good times, good times. I was one of those students that hung out in the library after school, so I know.

I can't think of anything I dislike at the moment that everyone else likes, but I would have had a long list back in high school
Top Secret Researcher
#1042 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:49 PM
@Shoosh Malooka

speaking of John Steinbeck, have you read the book called of mice and men that he wrote?
it's okay but i got i bit sick of it after a while, i had to do an assessment about Curley's wife but i'm still waiting for the results
Field Researcher
#1043 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 11:20 PM
I don't get the hype of Orange Is The New Black, Breaking Bad and Harry Potter. And don't even get me started on Twilight saga (on the other hand, The Host by the same author I have watched few times already and read the book).

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Theorist
#1044 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
@Shoosh Malooka

speaking of John Steinbeck, have you read the book called of mice and men that he wrote?
it's okay but i got i bit sick of it after a while, i had to do an assessment about Curley's wife but i'm still waiting for the results

Off the top of my memory, she's miserable because of her situation but she can't leave. She says she could have been in "pitchers" but I think that's bs. On that ranch she has a powerful station that allows her to flirt and power trip to her amusement. Outside the ranch she is nothing, and anything that could have been is just a fantasy that she needs to be true to justify her mean behavior on the ranch. What does she actively do in her time to continuously move toward her dream goal? And that's all I've got. Of Mice and Men, it was a good book that was not my cup of tea and was forced to read.
Scholar
#1045 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
This so much. My current group of friends are all major John Green fangirls who constantly go on and on about his books, especially The Fault In Our Stars. One of them even forced me to borrow her copy of the Alaska book, because apparently I've committed some great literary sin by not having read any of his books. Yawn.
I suppose I'm not in a position where I can 'hate' his books, because as I said, haven't read any, but by god do they all sound like boring carbon copies of each other!

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Theorist
#1046 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 3:18 PM
Eating at sit-down restaurants, because I hate being served. Don't know if it's because of being an extreme introvert or social anxiety, but I'm just not comfortable being served by others. I prefer the fast-food method of I pick my own seat, they call my number, I go get my food, I get my own drink, and get my own refills.

I also hate at fast food restaurants when they want your name to call your name instead of a number. I guess it's supposed to be more personal and customer friendly and crap to please customers, but I hate it for many reasons. One is I feel weird saying my own name. Another is I'm in the USA, and many people have the same name so it's confusing and annoying if there's someone else with my name there. Also, my name rhymes with another popular name so I have to listen super carefully to make sure it's MY name they're calling. I would just much rather they call a number, there is no confusion there.

Resident wet blanket.
Forum Resident
#1047 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:58 PM
Twilight was first getting really popular when I was in middle school (and wow, that makes me feel old) and I was definitely on the hate band wagon for a looooooong time. I've since calmed down and reread the books, and you know what? I kind of enjoyed them. They're godawful and they're a horrible role model for young girls (and boys) re: relationships, but they're an easy, compulsive read and weirdly entertaining. They'd be perfect to take along on a long road trip because they're exactly the sort of mindless book that helps pass the time. I actually really like the fourth because it starts out normal (awwwww, a wedding, how sweet) and then abruptly shifts gears to VAMPIRE PREGNANCY MAGIC BABY WEREWOLF FIGHTS GOOOOOOOOOOO. It's not just poorly written, it's acid-trip weird. Like, Edward performs a c-section with his teeth because that's the only thing sharp enough to cut through the magical vampire placenta. That's downright Faulknerian.

That said, I really hate the movies. I only saw the first one, but I couldn't make it more than thirty minutes. So booooooring.

Instructor
#1048 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
Off the top of my memory, she's miserable because of her situation but she can't leave. She says she could have been in "pitchers" but I think that's bs. On that ranch she has a powerful station that allows her to flirt and power trip to her amusement. Outside the ranch she is nothing, and anything that could have been is just a fantasy that she needs to be true to justify her mean behavior on the ranch. What does she actively do in her time to continuously move toward her dream goal? And that's all I've got. Of Mice and Men, it was a good book that was not my cup of tea and was forced to read.

I agree on what you said, but I would also add more ideas regarding the topic of feminism if I had to to a school project about her.
After all, she was just Curley's property. He didn't pay much attention to her and she suffered from this situation, but the moment she is murdered he goes nuts, just like a little boy who doesn't play with a toy anymore, yet goes mad when you take it away from him.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Theorist
#1049 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I also hate at fast food restaurants when they want your name to call your name instead of a number. I guess it's supposed to be more personal and customer friendly and crap to please customers, but I hate it for many reasons. One is I feel weird saying my own name. Another is I'm in the USA, and many people have the same name so it's confusing and annoying if there's someone else with my name there. Also, my name rhymes with another popular name so I have to listen super carefully to make sure it's MY name they're calling. I would just much rather they call a number, there is no confusion there.

Solution: Rumpelstiltskin.
Or you could insist on the original German spelling: Rumpelstilzchen.
Mad Poster
#1050 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 7:14 AM
Sandwiches...Never liked them. My eldest uncle Ernie's the same way.

I think the closest thing to sandwiches that I'll eat are tacos.
I think the only sandwich I can stand is grilled cheese.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Page 42 of 43