Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Tracker

by RebaLynnTS Posted 1st Jan 2012 at 8:15 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:50 PM by Nysha

176 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 8
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#151 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 9:03 PM
I want something similar for ts3 any possibility of that ever happening?
Test Subject
#152 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 4:26 AM Last edited by niitari : 14th Oct 2012 at 7:13 PM.
Hi! First off I love this app! I've been hoping something like this would be made for a long time!

Just a couple things:

1. I have a family made of a brother and a sister and neither of them have parents. But I can't simply add them as siblings unless I put in their nonexistent parents. Is there a way to do it?
2. I have some sims marked as dead, but they appear in the potential mate report. Is that just a quirk I should ignore or is there a way to edit that?

I also have some ideas for the "next update"... if you do make another update and I'm not saying you have to or anything, these are just things that I keep track of as well without sims tracker.

1. Pets: I like keeping track of my pets. I do use the feature you have on the app, but some things I keep track of that aren't on the app are their Breed and Family Members.
2. Businesses. Besides the app feature you have for that, I also like keeping track of what kind of business it is. The type of business isn't always in the name. For example, I have a business called "Twixter" which is a bar, but you wouldn't really know that unless you went there or read the description. So maybe if we had a way of editing categories for different businesses.
3. Dead People. Maybe if, instead of having them listed in the neighborhood itself, there was a separate list for the dead people. It'd be nice to keep it separate from the living people so as not to confuse them.

Those are just some ideas of mine. I don't really care how you go about updating or not updating the app. But once again, I want to say that I absolutley LOVE it, and it is so much nicer than writing everything down on paper.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#153 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 4:21 AM
Sorry I have been gone so long, had a major compter problem. Sadly, I lost all my work on the program, and I will have to start over. However, that means I can take some of thie things I've learned and build a better version.

As for a TS3 version of the program... If I ever get TS3 then I will make one.

I will be going over this thread and add in as many ideas as I can.

I got infected with my first computer virus in the 20+ years I have had a computer, and it was a really bad one. I was able to get rid of it, but had to wipe out everything, and reinstall.

Give me a few months, and I should be able to have Sim Tracker 2.0 ready for it's first test runs. I am learning more about database programming so I can make this one a whole lot better. I'll try to have a feature to read old files into it.

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#154 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 4:29 PM
This is pure awesomeness, thanks so much! I can't play my challenge neighborhoods without it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#155 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 2:51 PM
Sim Tracker 2 is underway, and a lot of new features will be included. I will be trying to add in all of the suggestions from here, and the updates page.

---
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#156 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 1:46 PM
Hey em so I created a custom neighbourhood in the sims 2 and when I click on new neighbourhood the neighbourhood I created isnt there? Help Me Please!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#157 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 3:02 AM
If you are talking about the drop down list of premade hoods, it will not show up. You must type in the name of your new hood. The program does not pull information from the game files. I am going to try to do that in the new one I am working on, but I would not count on it any time soon.

---
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#158 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 5:06 AM
Thank you so much for this wonderful tool thank you. Now I can get rid of all the notes books. I'm going start using it on a new hood I recently created that I've been testing some new mods, skins and careers. After I get everythng set up I'll be sure to get back to you with any questions or suggestion. Thank you agan.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#159 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 9:38 AM
Well, I'm prepared to be smacked for my first real post on this site being one that should be pretty self explanatory, be it me just being too think headed to notice or that it's about 1:30 in the morning for me at the moment, but I really have to ask.

The Sim tracker is pretty much a user updated app to keep records of their Sim's lives and events right? I see a lot of toss about for things like pets and business inclusions for it, but I have yet to install and try it myself to understand. Since I have only just got my hands on Sims 2 again after so many years of youth with console versions. This game defies what I'm used to already, especially with the mass of content packs that took me forever just to get put together.

Not to break into a song and dance about me and my sims life, but I am stuck on that feeling of. "I should probably have this if I intend to follow through with any larger scale projects than just a single family, but it doesn't feel like a requirement otherwise."

I'll just keep hunting through the comments and hope I find that answer myself, and possibly download it for some hands on. Still, if you'd have the patience to toss it in a nutshell I'd appreciate that. :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#160 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Codaisthisguy
Well, I'm prepared to be smacked for my first real post on this site being one that should be pretty self explanatory, be it me just being too think headed to notice or that it's about 1:30 in the morning for me at the moment, but I really have to ask.

The Sim tracker is pretty much a user updated app to keep records of their Sim's lives and events right? I see a lot of toss about for things like pets and business inclusions for it, but I have yet to install and try it myself to understand. Since I have only just got my hands on Sims 2 again after so many years of youth with console versions. This game defies what I'm used to already, especially with the mass of content packs that took me forever just to get put together.

Not to break into a song and dance about me and my sims life, but I am stuck on that feeling of. "I should probably have this if I intend to follow through with any larger scale projects than just a single family, but it doesn't feel like a requirement otherwise."

I'll just keep hunting through the comments and hope I find that answer myself, and possibly download it for some hands on. Still, if you'd have the patience to toss it in a nutshell I'd appreciate that. :P

I'm a bit confused by your post, as to what you are asking. The answer to your direct question is, yes. This program is a user updated data base of events in the lives of your Sims, their households, and pets. The new version I am working on will be even better.

In the new version I am adding things that will help you publish info from the program, and help you write stories based on what happens in the lives of your Sims.

Even if you are only playing one family, I'd suggest you try out the Sim Tracker, trying to add all of the data in after you have played for a while can be daunting.

---
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#161 Old 16th May 2013 at 1:27 PM
thank you for making and sharing this! so helpful
Test Subject
#162 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 2:49 PM Last edited by int21h : 1st Jun 2013 at 4:46 PM.
I've been working on a similar tools, with the idea of gathering datas from the game itself at the scale of an entire neighbourhood. Due to lack of time, my project will probably remain a project forever. Perhaps what I've learned so far, could be useful to you, if so, let me know.
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 6:40 AM
This program seems interesting, but I can't figure out what it would be used for! What does everyone else do with it? Thanks

I think scars are like battle wounds - beautiful, in a way. They show what you've been through and how strong you are for coming out of it. - Demi Lovato
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#164 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 11:23 PM
What is for is to have a place to keep records of all your Sims 2, Businesses, Houses, Sims, Pets, and anything else I can think of to add to it.

If you are not into record keeping then, it might not be useful to you. If, however, you are (like many players, myself included) then it is ideal.

I run 16 legacy families, and it is hard to remember what all is happening in each house. I use to write it all down, that was too much work. I figured if I was going to work hard, I might as well write a program, and make it easy for everyone else.

---
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#165 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 6:41 PM
I dont now how to load family that I made in Sims 2 can anybody help me please
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#166 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 6:07 PM
I absolutely love this tracker. My kids think I'm crazy for keeping track of my sims in so much detail (yesterday I started to make all my sims a personal profile lol) I have paper everywhere, for each of my neighbourhoods. But I've just delved into this and, wow, I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. Arth, I think I love you! Thank you.
Scholar
#167 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RebaLynnTS
Even if you are only playing one family, I'd suggest you try out the Sim Tracker, trying to add all of the data in after you have played for a while can be daunting.

Amen. I'm just in the process of re-entering the data for a 324-sim neighbourhood now (and that's not including the deceased members of the tracked generations...)

Reba, I'll continue combing through the comments just in case this question has been answered, but I can't get the program to open?

UPDATE: Ran the program as administrator, problem solved.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#168 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 6:06 PM
thanks!
THANKS POST
#169 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 9:35 AM
merci
Scholar
#170 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 5:30 PM
I'm getting errors thrown with most drop-down menus, and input data is not being retained.
Quote:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Sim_Tracker.frmMain.fillHouseTopBox() in C:\Users\Rebecca\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\W7-Sim Tracker\W7 - Sim Tracker\Forms\001 Main\frmMain.vb:line 10542
at Sim_Tracker.frmMain.fillHouseholdData() in C:\Users\Rebecca\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\W7-Sim Tracker\W7 - Sim Tracker\Forms\001 Main\frmMain.vb:line 10509
at Sim_Tracker.frmMain.selectMaritalStatus() in C:\Users\Rebecca\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\W7-Sim Tracker\W7 - Sim Tracker\Forms\001 Main\frmMain.vb:line 14072
at Sim_Tracker.frmMain.cbxMaritalStatus_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Rebecca\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\W7-Sim Tracker\W7 - Sim Tracker\Forms\001 Main\frmMain.vb:line 2518
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1022 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
W7 - Sim Tracker
Assembly Version: 1.2.0.4
Win32 Version: 1.2.0.4
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RLMsoft/W7%20-%20Sim%20Tracker/W7%20-%20Sim%20Tracker.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.40219.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RLMsoft/W7%20-%20Sim%20Tracker/Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs.DLL
RichTextBoxPrintCtrl
Assembly Version: 1.0.2856.20983
Win32 Version: 1.0.2856.20983
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RLMsoft/W7%20-%20Sim%20Tracker/RichTextBoxPrintCtrl.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RLMsoft/W7%20-%20Sim%20Tracker/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RLMsoft/W7%20-%20Sim%20Tracker/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1015 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1015 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Is there a Win64 version that I'm supposed to be using?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#171 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 2:26 AM
Thanx so much for this!!! I used to keep notes for each of my sims lives info etc in their individual bios - but it only allows you so much room----thanx again!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#172 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 3:46 AM
Hey, I was wondering if this can also be used for The Sims 3....? because of the whole gardening part of The Sims 2 Tracker...or no? Please get back to me as soon as possible..I installed The Sims 3 about a week ago. An also thank you so much, I enjoy using the Sim Tracker!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#173 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 1:01 AM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 4:21 AM
Can you possibly make this for the sims 3 and 4?

What is a beginner to do? My Website My TOT My Forum My website
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RebaLynnTS
I'll post these on the front page a bit later.
Here's how to fix it.

1. Download the file attached to this post.
2. Go to c://RLMsoft/TextFiles/W7-SimTracker/Careers
3. Replace AdultMilitary.txt & AdultPolitics.txt with the downloaded files.
4. Go to MyDocuments/RLMsoft/W7-SimTracker/[UserName]/Files
5. Delete Files "AC7_AdultCareer.bin" and "AC8_AdultCareer.bin"
6. Rerun the program.

It should fix that problem. I'll post an update that will keep it from happening to anyone else.

Hello, anyone still have this fix files to share? I'm experiencing that custom careers overriding each other's descriptions.
Page 7 of 8