Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 3:42 PM
Default Game freezes when selecting active household
So I have an unusual problem I haven't been able to find the root cause of...

At the moment I'm playing a sim in Isla Paradiso and have no problems with her household.
I have also downloaded CTNutmegger's Simsville world and created the Newbie and Goth families and moved them in and been able to change active households in that world.

But upon attempting to select active households in Roaring Heights, Monte Vista, Bridgeport (still in the process of testing other worlds)... my game freezes in the map view. I select the family I want to play and then I attempt to proceed into the actual gameplay and the game just freezes. I can move my cursor around but the screen has a purple frame with a magnifiying glass in the top right corner and I can't do or select anything.

This is what I have tried so far:

- I've used a tool to detect corrupt CC and conflicting CC. None of my modest amount of CC seems to be conflicting with one another.
- I've saved one of the towns in Edit Town mode, reloaded it and attempted selecting an active household again.

I really hope it isn't going to come down to a reinstall just to see if that might help.

Can anyone suggest something else or has anyone had similar issues?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 7:20 PM
Did you go through the Game Problem -list from the sticky post: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem

Also, if you have any cc, conflicting or not, you should always test the game without any cc at all. Bad cc doesn't always show up in programs like Dasboard for example and it often takes just one file to cause havoc.