Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 11:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Buildings Changing Lot Size
Could anybody explain why buildings that I save to the library sometime wont fit back onto the same lot size they were intended for. For example, I build an art gallery on what I am sure was a 20 X 20 lot, then save it. but later on what I have in the library says 20 X 21 and so it won't fit where I had planned to put it. It is very annoying. Is there any way to stop it happening? I have a number of mods installed, including one that allows me to place any lot size I want, but I don't think this is the cause since this little annoyance was happening before I installed that.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 12:44 PM
Does it just show the lot size being bigger or does the empty lot where your trying to place the gallery actually turn unplaceable? Have you tested this without the mods because lots shouldn't ramdomly change their size. Also, be aware that the game's world editor tool is broken and adding new lots with it permanently breaks the routing in your world, causing routing errors.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 5:05 PM
Yes, I have noticed this routing business, and am very cagey about changing things now. It is the buildings I have placed in the library showing up as larger, or sometimes smaller than the lot it was designed on. The lot itself works for anything the right size or smaller. I'm going to try it without mods, but what confuses the issue is that sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 10:38 PM
I have a related problem once in a while, only my lot in the town shrinks and I have to replace it in edit town. Yours isn't as easy to fix, but you could make a custom size lot with the velocitygrass addanylotsize mod, as long as you aren't planning on uploading to MTS...I think they require certain lot sizes.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 11:12 AM
Glad to find somebody else that has a similar problem, I was beginning to think it was just me. Didn't know that about uploading, thanks for the info - not that any of my efforts are really up to standard, yet. I find addanylotsize useful, although I use it sparingly in view of these routing problems. I have noticed lots mysteriously changing size before, and another problem equally irritating. I recently downloaded a custom world (Port Jones), it started out as completely empty lots showing as squares, but after I had been placing a few buildings on the map I noticed that some lots I hadn't yet touched were displaying house symbols, even though there was nothing on them. Meaning that I can't place another building there. I know, from experience, that if I use the bulldozer on them the lots will disappear altogether and have to be replaced. I try to avoid that now, since all too often it louses up the terrain in some way so I can't put any new lot on that space. Normally I build things on Builders Island and when I'm happy with them move them into the desired town. But in this case the best thing will be to build in situ.