Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:22 AM Last edited by parrot999 : 19th Oct 2014 at 6:33 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Loading hang after editing a building in Edit Town.
Hi, I've been trying to edit and make buildings around various towns, but lately, every time I leave a lot to save, whether residential or community, it hangs on the loading screen between the lot and the neighborhood. It just continuously loops the loading icon indefinately.

I've tried removing mods, clearing caches, etc, to no avail... I know I'm running the last patch level too. If anyone has any idea why the game is doing this, I would be grateful for an explanation and fix, because this is completely game breaking for me.

My specs are:
Intel i5 processor clocked at 3.10 GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Nvidia GTX 650 Video Card
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 10:32 AM
This has kept happening ever since 1.63 patch. It also happens in normal Edit-in-Town and CAW EIG. Some say it's caused by using the buydebug cheat but I hardly doubt it, since it happens just as much without it (or there's some buydebug glitch also going on). It's also not caused by cc because I've tested it and I don't think it has anything to do with system specs because I have a pretty good gaming rig. Currently I'm at the 1.63 patch level. Even now, I haven't been able to find a solution. When I build, I save very often, even after just a very small amount of work done. Of course, that's no help if it hangs every single time, like in your game.

You said you removed the mods but how about normal cc? Did you test without them? How about resetting back to factory settings? Also, if you're using the buydebug cheat while building, you could try not using it and see if that helps.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 5:31 PM
okay, I got it to properly do it's thing after resetting the game folder... Now I need to Test a few more times, both with and without buydebug, and then slowly add my CC and store content back...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
okay, I got it to properly do it's thing after resetting the game folder... Now I need to Test a few more times, both with and without buydebug, and then slowly add my CC and store content back...

How is your progress on this? I had that same problem for a while, to the extent where building on my own lot caused saving (or saving as...) to go into an endless loop. I refreshed my folder, added mods and CC back but left out build/buy objects. I have since redownloaded a few of those I just cannot live without, and so far, it is working fine. So custom build/buy objects seem to have been the root of the problem.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kin.gyo1413
How is your progress on this? I had that same problem for a while, to the extent where building on my own lot caused saving (or saving as...) to go into an endless loop. I refreshed my folder, added mods and CC back but left out build/buy objects. I have since redownloaded a few of those I just cannot live without, and so far, it is working fine. So custom build/buy objects seem to have been the root of the problem.

That is a different issue. My problem wasn't with saving, but loading...

As for my problem, so far I've only added my Store Content back, so I'm still in progress of isolating the issue.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
That is a different issue. My problem wasn't with saving, but loading...

As for my problem, so far I've only added my Store Content back, so I'm still in progress of isolating the issue.

Okay, I had both issues though, so whenever I built through Edit Town I.could never return to map view and it would not load. Sorry, I was not specific enough in the last post... And good luck to you, hope you'll be able to sort it out!