Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 2:55 AM
Well, I think all's fair in love and war until you actually make a committment, such as 'go steady' - I feel that until then, it should be open season.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
I hate how the game taks over and doens't let you decide how to handle your own relationships.

Agree with you there, big time. The game also takes over when disciplining your kids. It's so annoying! Like, if one of my kids is late to school, mom or dad automatically yells at them and puts them in a time out for "skipping school". I have tried to catch them before they start, but you can't cancel the action! It's so stupid. At least I can cancel the time out once the sim is in it, and then send them off to school. Then I just use testingcheats to delete the negative moodlets....but I shouldn't have to do all that. I should be able to control the disciplining of my own sim kids! /frustrated
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 4:32 AM
Wow. Didn't know that about the kids. Thats a bit much.

I can't recall so many times where EA has the game take over and 'forced' actions that a player didn't want. And I can't think of any that didn't involve NPC's off hand. They seemed to have done this a lot this expansion... Mostly for punitive things. Annoying.

Previous times the game took over?

Repo man Repossesion

Times this ep:
Accuse of cheating
Breakup relationship/Marriage/Dating
Punishing kids
Instructor
#29 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 5:38 AM
My sims got naughty and manipulator reputation, but it didn't happen very long, since suddenly everyone know he is cheating and get cheater reputation.

No jealousy reward from WA also doesn't work either.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 7:48 AM
That stupid old fart Simis Bachelor put the moves on my female sim autonomously and she had her first kiss with him whilst I was off taking care of an other sim, then the first sim met someone else and fell in love with them and got the cheater reputation, I was not a happy bunny, now she cant get her lover to move in the option simply isn't there. Incidentally does anyone know if having the cheater rep stops the moving in option or have I developed a glitch of somekind

I want to punch Chris Steel in the face!
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 2:35 PM
simsamu: I know the cheater rep makes things more difficult in the romance area. Not sure if the moving in option is a glitch but it wouldn't surprise me. but wow. That's terrible. You might try buying her the clean slate award and see if that helps the relationship

Celebriton: yeah, No jealousy is broken now. I find it annoying especially when implementing a restrictive new romance system that they didn't test it. No Jealousy has worked for me (with the exception of the annoying celebrity messages about cheating), up until last ep. It is a shame that the one award that could help a lot of these odd relationship issues doesn't work.
#32 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 7:41 PM
I think I might know why a lot of sims are cheating when you play other households. Sim friends are ramdomly giving flowers now and that can cause the recipeint to fall in love with them and flirt. Someone around town sees them,it gets back to their spouse and they get divorced.
Instructor
#33 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 8:05 PM
"We were on a BREAK!"

/Random Quote

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
#34 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 8:15 PM
Quote from Redhead
"We were on a BREAK!"

/Random Quote

What does this has to do with the topic? If nothing please keep it on the topic.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
Quote from Redhead
"We were on a BREAK!"

/Random Quote

What does this has to do with the topic? If nothing please keep it on the topic.

It's an infamous quote from Friends and has to do with romantic reputation haha

Guess it only makes sense if you've seen it haha :p

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
Field Researcher
#36 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 12:44 AM
Bah it's really annoying.

IS there an update on awesomemod yet? Hopefully the god that is Pescado will make this feature tolerable.
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 2:08 AM
IDK, I don't do awesome mod. I hope others will mod it though.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 2:13 AM
Maybe its high time as a community we send EA a petition stating enough is enough, I mean a few glitches I can understand but this many?? This is unexcusable, they're failing to do the simple and thourough testing to put out a completed product. The only thing they could do now is a patch that fixes all of this. Its quite annoying and sad in my opinion.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by USNCaseySmith
Maybe its high time as a community we send EA a petition stating enough is enough, I mean a few glitches I can understand but this many?? This is unexcusable, they're failing to do the simple and thourough testing to put out a completed product. The only thing they could do now is a patch that fixes all of this. Its quite annoying and sad in my opinion.

I don't mind the occasional glitch or really dumb programming such as the stupid IF walk, but I don't feel like I'm in control of my game anymore. Right now,the only thing I really do is make sure they don't die. I can't control my kids getting grounded or getting in trouble without PURPOSELY making them do bad things, I can't make my Sim have two romances without them being considered a SimWhore, I can't control things like the automous proposal from a random Simmy (why can't a pop-up come says "Oh dear! ____ finally popped the question to your Sim! Do they accept?) without breaking them up (seeing as how my Simboyfriend proposed to my SimGirl, who accepted when I was about to dump him so she could woo her Romantic Interest), I can't even leave my house without my children being neglected because EA won't make a babysitter that ACTUALLY WATCHES MY KID so that when my Sim comes home tired from work they have to muggle through to care for the kid because the babysitter did nothing but stand there, I'm always getting famous for be-friending some random famous sim and so much more! I love the Sims, but I'm just no longer in control of what they do! Not just their actions, but just the entire game feels out of my control.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Theorist
#40 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 3:53 AM
I completely agree. I just now ran into this "feature" when playing tonight.

Two sims I created and put in the world. He befriends the female sim, begins flirting and confesses attraction, first kiss, then eventually asks her to go steady and and is allowed to spend the night. Right after woohooing the doorbell rings. it's the married neighbor. My male sim gets an "accuse of cheating" action in his queue and I CANNOT CANCEL IT.

Neighbor sits on sofa and begins watching TV. He did not flirt with the female at all (at least not on this occasion). My male sim does the happy walk (whatever you call that walk they do when they woohoo the first time) all the way to the kitchen, where the female sim is, and accuses her of cheating. Relationship tanks. -50 moodlet. All that effort FOR NOTHING.

Unless modders can fix this, my simming days just might be over. I am really mad right now. What is the point of playing a GOD game if I am not able to control anything!!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 5:01 AM
Yeah, it has ruined my game twice. I don't think it is fun, and it seems to be enforcing some weird taliban-esque level relationship monitoring. "ack! you STARED At my girlfriend! She is a cheater" or "ACK, you had a dead SPOUSE you are a whore! Clearly I MUST initiate automatd accuse of cheating action."
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 5:24 AM
I like the idea of romantic rep but I really loathe how it's been implemented. I live in a modern society where people are, for example, allowed to date multiple persons before committing to one. (And if they don't want to commit, they can go on having only casual relationships. You don't have to be celibate if you're single...) I don't know where the people who created this "reputation" get their moral codes but not from the same place as I do, clearly.

I don't think cheating is a moral thing, naturally, but I don't think one can talk about cheating before a committed relationship even exists! If my sims want to look around and have a little fun, I want it to be possible without getting a tarnished rep. I like to build old-fashioned houses but I definitely don't want my simmies to live in a society with oppressing and narrow-minded rules, like some suburban nuclear family nightmare from the 50's.
Instructor
Original Poster
#43 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 6:20 AM
I think EA should allow players to decide what the relationships are and whether they are naughty or commited. If I create a family of aliens, I don't think their worldview or marital views should be the same as your average sim.

I'm not advocating cheating in rl, but in a fantasy setting, I want to be able to have as much variety as possible and to enjoy doing it without the game censuring me. Less variety means less ability to make interesting stories that suit a variety of characters. Forcing everyone into world of serial monogamy and false accusations of cheating and autonymous breakups means less control for players and less variety in the stories that are told.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 7:30 AM
It's like the game wants every sim to marry the first person they make out with. That's almost dangerous and immoral in itself, IMHO. If that were the case in real life, I for example would have ended up with some cute Swedish juvenile delinquent I met on a cruise ship when I was fourteeen...
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#45 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 9:17 AM
Just got a quick question: Romantic Reputation is included in the patch, so will I have to suffer this even if I don't buy generations as soon as I patch?
Mad Poster
#46 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 10:04 AM
The same thing is happening in my game with the 1.22 without having Generations. The worst part about it really is that my sim's queue is stomped, everything stopped, my sim standing waiting so someone can arrive, sometimes from some distance, to call him a cheater and slap him silly. All of my save games are more or less unplayable because my sim is interrupted constantly by this nonsense, just like the interrupting and stomping of the queue when some townie wants an autograph, or takes the cell phone photo.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#47 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 10:39 AM
Ah, ok, thanks. Good to know. So I guess that as soon as my Awesome Mod expires in July my Simming days will come to a temporary end. Because *this* I hate aready before experiencing it myself. Queue stomping and the inability to cancel actions are those two things that I've always loathed with a passion from day one. And this seems to be worse because it changes your whole game on a wide scale. I wonder what the point of this is supposed to be, is it really just backwards morality or some screwed up idea for implementing that casual gamers apparently appreciate if they haven't got to make too many decisions on their own?
(On a side note: There's already something similar in LN when vampires offer to turn another Sim. There's no way to say no to that, the turning will take place no matter what. I once had clicked it accidentally and had to reload. At first I thought that this wasn't too serious because I assumed that it was non-autonomous. But I did have it then that a vampire I didn't control at that time turned another townie in front of my eyes and there was no way for me to interfere. And you can't reverse this unlike the mummy curse where removing the moodlet will remove the curse. Removing the vampire bite moodlet will only cause an instant transformation.)
Test Subject
#48 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 11:17 AM
I have managed to make this stop in my game, but I don't know how. I use almost all of Twallan's mods in my game, and must have configured them correctly by accident.

I have an evil sim from my massive legacy family that I'm playing right now, and yesterday he woohooed with five different sims back to back right in front of his fiancee, and she didn't react at all. In fact, after everyone left their house, she started to autonomously flirt with him.

"The ice is near, the solitude is terrible."
Instructor
Original Poster
#49 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 2:14 PM
Its a bit puritanical. I'm not saying being faithful isn't great. But being faithful is portryaed as the great holy grail, when a person can be faithful in a relationship and also be unhappy for a number of reasons.

Plus since this is fiction and simply a story, if I want to make a bunch of hippies living in a home with no jealousy enabled and they are all happy together, then why should anyone in simsylvania care or gossip beyond the fact that they are involved in an open relationship? It isn't cheating if its consensual or mutual and no one is married.

Not everyone wants or needs to marry their significiant other either. There is a huge push to get married in the sims, when there are plenty of people in RL who don't aspire to marry, and are simply content to be bf/gf.
Theorist
#50 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 7:24 PM
Personally, I think you are all being way too philosophical about the why's and wherefores. I think the simple truth is that it takes a lot more time, effort, and money to program and animate something more subtle and whimsical than it does to do it in a hamfisted, over-the-top, simplistic way that EA usually does it, at least where Sims 3 is concerned. Here's why I say that:

In my scenerio, lets say the same thing happens and the neighbor autonomously comes over to watch TV at 1:30AM. OK, that in itself is stupid but I can go for it if instead of getting ballistic and tanking their whole relationship, he is upset and they argue a bit and she reassures him and they kiss and make-up, them she asks neighbor to leave. Even better if these reactions were controlled by their traits.

Yeah, a lot more complex but a surprising twist that would have been interesting but not game-breaking like the way it is coded, with the game taking away my control.

On the EA forum a simmer reported that she has a married couple that she also can't control. Apparently the husband flirted with someone while the family was at the park, she didn't really even see it, but the wife got the 'accuse of cheating' action which could not be deleted and their relationship tanked and they both got the -50 moodlet. She said it took a week to get their friendship level back up and for the moodlet to go away, and she's been trying to repair their relationship the whole time but the husband's efforts are rejected. Now she says there is an 'ask for divorce' action in her wife's queue and that cannot be deleted, either. Someone suggested buying the 'clean slate' reward.

So that's how to solve this big puzzle if the game decides to tank your relationship? Woo, that's a big challenge. NOT. And what if I don't have enough points to get the reward? The kids are now in a broken home? How often is the game going decide this will happen, how many couples are doomed? Lame, EA, really lame.

This is even more disappointing to me because Generations was the first EP that really spoke to playing families, which is what I like to do. I play sandbox style and I thought this EP would add so much more than what we had before; and actually I really liked it until this happened. Now I just feel like EA had taken my control away and this is not my idea of fun!!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Page 2 of 5