Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 1:02 AM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 10th Jan 2013 at 7:16 AM.
Should Electronic Arts make soft drink vending machines like the original Sims 2?
If Sims 3 Show Time releases.. I wish that expansion pack have soft drink vending machines....

Sims 2 Vending Machine

The soft drink vending machines should be made on Sims 3...

Would you agree?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 1:45 AM
The has been coding for vending machines (drinks, healthy food and snack food - I think) from before pets, along with the mech. bull, and sing-o-grams. We all assumed that those 3 would come with Pets, none of them did.We have the bull and the sing-o-grams, but we haven't gotten word of vending machines. They'd be a nice addition to throw in a corner of a community lot - to occupy blank space.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:09 AM
I have a feeling vending machines would be a store item if they did them, at least if they thought they were going to be popular. Be nice if they but them in an expansion though.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:14 AM
I could see them slapping a promo on them for some company.
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:37 AM
Oh yeah, they'd end up being a Dr Pepper promo or something.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Oh yeah, they'd end up being a Dr Pepper promo or something.

Hahaha yeah =D

----

What will they call it for Simlish language? =D...

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:18 AM
...Dr Pepper. The same way they did the Dr Pepper stadium rabbithole.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 10:34 AM
I'd love vending machines, but this time they better not be glowing.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#9 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I'd love vending machines, but this time they better not be glowing.
Why not? Vending machines usually have a semi transparent front with lamps behind it, so glowing is the real deal.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Why not? Vending machines usually have a semi transparent front with lamps behind it, so glowing is the real deal.

Not where I come from. They look something like this. No glow there.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 12:47 AM
It's backlit. All vending machines "glow" so you can see them. The sms 2 glow is just awkward lighting.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 12:52 AM
No, they don't glow. I think they are made this way to save energy. Sometimes, the buttons light up when you press them but that's it. Besides you can see them anyway.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Not where I come from. They look something like this. No glow there.

I don't think that one is plugged in.
Scholar
#14 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 3:12 AM
I think it's a setting you can change to save power. Possibly crocobaura's have the capability to glow but just don't have it set.

Forum Resident
#15 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 7:35 AM
I think the "glowing" comes from the transparent panels on the SIDES. The lego vending machines doesn't have transparent panels on the sides so it doesn't glow. The vending machines in the game do and so do quite a few in real life. But I would have to agree that the one's in the game are a little overkill
Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 8:07 AM
Whips out some soda vending machine schematics: http://www.vendoco.com/Documents/V2...e%2004-2011.pdf

Take a look at page 71. You will notice #22 indicates two long lamps on the inner front panel door thing.

But not all vending machines are the same. There are a gazillion models out there. I just picked these schematics, because they are somewhat shaped like the machine in the post.
Instructor
#17 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 9:53 PM
We had vending machines in TS2? :O

I honestly don't remember. Did they come in an EP or were they one of them free download objects like the scissors?

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
We had vending machines in TS2? :O

I honestly don't remember. Did they come in an EP or were they one of them free download objects like the scissors?

I think the vending machines came with the Apartment Life expansion pack. I could be wrong, though.
Scholar
#19 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 12:52 AM
We had scissors in sims 2?

Mad Poster
#20 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 5:12 AM
We had scissors in sims 2?

Downloadable from the official site, you could run with them and have a random chance of killing somebody. Never tried them, even though I had them. But they were huge scissors, saw a few shots of them when people used them in game and they were big, more like gardening scissors than normal ones.

I'd love to have vending machines. Waited for so long to get them in TS2, then they came in the last EP which meant I didn't have time to use them that much before I was swooped away by TS3. I think they would have fitted so well with the uni EP.

I hope
1. we get them
2. they will also have candy, not just drinks or chips
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Downloadable from the official site, you could run with them and have a random chance of killing somebody. Never tried them, even though I had them. But they were huge scissors, saw a few shots of them when people used them in game and they were big, more like gardening scissors than normal ones.

I'd love to have vending machines. Waited for so long to get them in TS2, then they came in the last EP which meant I didn't have time to use them that much before I was swooped away by TS3. I think they would have fitted so well with the uni EP.

I hope
1. we get them
2. they will also have candy, not just drinks or chips

Sandwich vending machines, SIMS card vending machines lol something healthy....

What kind of traits for the Vending machine.... LoL hack the vending machine or crash it!

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 12:21 PM
Technophobe sims can already sabotage a lot of stuff - even store stuff - so they could break them Maybe handy sims or schmoozer sims could 'steal' some goodies.
Scholar
#23 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 3:38 PM
Computer whiz being capable of hacking it would be good, they don't get enough interactions with things. Maybe mean-spirited could tip it over?

Instructor
#24 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 4:28 PM
Computer whiz being capable of hacking it would be good, they don't get enough interactions with things. Maybe mean-spirited could tip it over?

Or kick or bang on them with their fists until free stuff fall out of them.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Mad Poster
#25 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
Or kick or bang on them with their fists until free stuff fall out of them.

I would love that.
Page 1 of 3