Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 5:58 AM
So basically, if one doesn't give you the results you want, check the other.
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#77 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 10:46 AM
Lol! Not quite, no. You can tell which value is in which variable if you look at an error log. The very first object mentioned in the log, lines 3 and 4, represents the "My" object. If you look at the first frame on the list and check the Stack Object ID in that section, that's what "Stack Object" is representing.

If you're calling an interaction, it gets run in the sim's stack. If it gets called from main or init, it gets run in the object's stack.

If you haven't already, read the last few sections of this post:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=212101
Particularly "Understanding the call stack", ""Me" and the "Stack Object"
" and "How this relates to your error log".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#78 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 6:13 AM
Ok now that the code seems to be working properly. Could you explain, step by step how to properly clone a GMDC and all the necessary counterparts? I tried it and got a cref error.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#79 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 1:30 PM
You mean you want to create a new mesh that you can switch to? I'm out of time for a complete rundown tonight, but this thread has the basics:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=220742
Read post 10, then post 13. That should cover the basic steps. If that's too general, then I'll try and write a more complete set of steps tomorrow night when I get home.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#80 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 11:56 PM
Well I was able to add entries and it didn't complain about missing CREF, but worse yet, it causes "Application has crashed" error when loading a lot.

Would it be easier if I uploaded the package to you and let you just clone two additional gmdc's and their necessary parts? The bhav coding and stuff I can handle on my own.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#81 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 12:09 AM
If you'd like. For reference though, the "Application has crashed" error generally means that you've broken a cres somewhere, or haven't fixed integrity after changing the names of the files you've copied.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 10:18 PM Last edited by ScoobyDoo : 12th Sep 2007 at 10:43 PM.
A totally different question (for a change).

Are all subobjects of a gmdc rendered (even if they don't have texture)?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#83 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 12:09 AM
If they have no texture, then you won't see anything, so if you're asking if they are rendered visually then no, they aren't. They may still end up in the clickable area though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 4:03 AM
Actually I was referring to are they still being sent to the video rendering pipeline? (i.e. do they effect performance?)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#85 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 5:35 AM
Not certain, but I imagine they would do.
Page 4 of 4