Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:44 AM
Sounds like a good system to me! :D

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Finally, I've fixed the bug that allowed creators to thank themselves.

Sorry, but I think I have thanked myself!
From what I understand feedback are used to report a problem, but when I posted a reply in my thread (link) my post was cataloged as "feedback", so I changed it to "thanks" because in my head feedback = negative comment, am I wrong?
And then, how do I recognize which comments, who are categorized as "feedback", should be changed as "thanks"?

Quote: Originally posted by Mihura
I'm using frequently the "go advanced" option not to anwer to a post but only to visualise the smileys. Like this one : . Because I don't know the code of all smileys and I prefer to see the preview before posting.

But with using this way the posts are qualified sometimes of "feedback-report" and they are "thanks posts". It's my problem.

I have the same problem!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#128 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 12:01 PM
You are incorrect. Feedback is not negative comments - it's any kind of non "Thanks this is great!" comment that helps the creator, or is a question to the creator about the object.

Thanks posts are differentiated by the lack of signature, the compressed post text and the thumbs up symbol next to the name on the left.

Feedback posts have the full post details as you see here.

You should change any full feedback posts to thanks only if they are something like "Thanks, this is great" or "Nice download!' with nothing else in them.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#129 Old 1st May 2009 at 2:31 PM
thx, your the best...
Forum Resident
#130 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 8:17 AM
Okay, now I totally understand my mistake in pressing the 'feedback' button instead of the 'thanks' button after reading through this entire thread. I will be more careful in future.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Test Subject
#131 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 6:05 AM
oka thanks a lot
Test Subject
#132 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 12:42 PM
I just wanted to say it's nice to see someone else out there recognizing the inherently nonsensical practice of "star rating" systems when people are pathologically impelled to abuse them -- usually rating everything very highly whether it deserves it or not. Very nice.
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 10:52 PM
Hey, what if you accidentally clicked "feedback" for a thankful message? I did that just now on accident, and I'm worried I'll get in trouble.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#134 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 8:39 AM
You can edit the post and tick a box to turn it into a Thanks post. But you won't get in trouble.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Page 6 of 6