Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2011 at 9:29 PM
Default Possible Bug ? : Relationships get resetted after planning outfit
I got the following problem, affecting all married couple in all savegames, with and without mods : After i plan an outfit, the relationship between these marriage partners will get resetted to basically 20 out of 100 points. (still married, just low on points) If i try to restore it, it will get lost as soon as i plan outfits again. Does this happen to anyone else ? I can very quickly restore the relationship with cheats, but i kind of dont want to rely on cheats too much
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th May 2011 at 9:56 PM
Yes...it happened to me yesterday, and I just assumed it was my fault. Good to know it's not just me.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th May 2011 at 10:40 PM
But they at EA said that the patch will fix probelm in cas, i see that instead they bring anew.
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th May 2011 at 12:40 AM
It's been happening in my game in the previous patch, not sure about the current.
Usually right as I exit I receive the notification "so and so are no longer friends" but by the time I get back to live mode it has vanished, I barely get a glimpse of it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th May 2011 at 1:11 AM
Was there since the beginning. Seems to happen to any character you plan an outfit for (including NPCs) : when you go back to the game, they lose relation points with everyone they know...
I was not able to reproduce it consistently, however.
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th May 2011 at 3:54 AM
had the same problem befor .3 patch ,and its was when doing a courted sims outfit ,at that time i was in the relatioship screen too ,so i loaded and tried again but this time i was on main sims stats page ,and the relationship points remained ,so it could be a buggy coding more than a major glitch .
but i never tried to test for it after the patch though .
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th May 2011 at 5:08 AM
Maybe it's that Sim's subtle way of telling you they like what outfit they were wearing and they don't want you to change it...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th May 2011 at 6:44 AM
Well i did some more testing and in my case, it only affected married couples. When my sims were only courting, that bug did not occur. Since many of you are experiencing these difficulties, one can only hope that this bug will be fixed in the next patch. In the meantime we can live with it through the use of cheats
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th May 2011 at 11:51 PM
I'm wondering if I got the same problem. When I finished the quest "War Game" (well I think it is this quest), the relationship between my king and my knight dropped to zero in a sudden. I didn't know what happened. They were still engaged and they could communicate with each other well just like before. Only the green bar disappeared.
That's couple of days ago. They have got married already and now living together happily