Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 12:36 AM
Default Superhero/Villain Academy RP- Closed
Since Pixiedust_Fairy seems to have abandoned this idea (seven months qualifies as abandoned, right?) I have decided to take it over. And if anyone has any suggestions, please PM them to me, I'd be delighted to take them into consideration! And I think that Pixie's original thread speaks volumes, hence why I am copying it almost word for word.

This academy is where all super heroes- and villains- started. Before they were greats, they were students at this academy, learning to use their powers for good. Or apropos super villainy. And even more important from a civilian perspective, how to control said powers.

Are you ready to be a student here? To test and develop your powers for your chosen path of good or evil? If so, read on and apply! If not, go ahead and leave, no hard feelings :lovestruc

• Follow all S2C and RP forum rules
  • Please have all posts be at least 8 lines long, and try to limit the number of solely OOC posts
  • No double posting
  • Please post at least once per fortnight, your character is expelled unless I have been contacted about your absence BEFOREHAND, or there are sufficiently extenuating circumstances
  • You may have up to two characters, if you do, please have one of each gender
  • Only one teacher position per person that wants one, unless there is a dearth in which case we can talk
  • Charachters must be your own creation. This one I'll be lenient on, but nothing too obvious.
  • Students must be child to teen age (9-19), either gender is fine, and they need not be human
  • Professors can be any age from 25 up.

Rounds and Round Information
Unlike Pixie's version of this, I don't plan on having eliminations (except for expulsions from non-participation, as mentioned above), what I plan to do instead is still have tasks, but those that do them will be ranked, and whomsoever has the highest ranking at the end of the game (figure sometime in December) will graduate first in their class, and the next highest ranking will be second, and so on and so forth. Rankings per task will be determined by a vote, you can't vote for yourself. More information will come later.

Please include in your student application:
Name:
Super Power:
How you got your super power:
Brief Bio (if how you got your super power doesn't cover it):
Picture, preferably sim, but it doesn't have to be:

Please include in your Professor Application:
Name:
What Subject/Skill you teach:
Brief Bio (what did you do before becoming a professor here, why are you here now?):
One head shot and one free shot of your character, preferably sim

Heros
1.Essa Al-Jawhar (Black_Barook!)
2.Connor Blake (Mikoyo80)
3.Star Fire (LostSaggatarius)

Villains
1.Maryana Magdala (FurryPanda)

Professors

Classes will be randomly assigned, and there will be a class for all superheros and all super villains.

Dorm mates will also be randomly assigned.

And Logistics
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask, I would love for this to become a successful RP!

This will be split into RP days, morning, afternoon and evening, each one lasting between 1 real life day and 3 real life days, depending on activity and request. I will give delays if one is asked for.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 1:13 AM
Student application:
Name: Essa Al-Jawhar
Hero/Villain: Hero
Super Power:
Possesses both Demonic and Angelic powers. Possesses the ability to give life to what is dead (Angelic) and take it away as well (Demonic). Has the ability to see the intentions of others (Angelic) and is able to whisper orders into peoples ears and follow them, if they have a weak will (Demonic).
Unknown
Brief Bio:
Essa was born to a large family: a father, two mothers and eleven brothers and sisters. Essa was the idealist of the family a champion for a better, more ethical world. While he also has his faults such as a short temper and a spirit of vengeance when injustice is done towards him or others he love.
Head shot

Free Shot

(OoC: Same character that I used from the last RP but a few changes, also I don't have the Sims installed right now because I don't even have a working computer so I'll try post up a photo when I can.)
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 12:18 AM
Name: Connor Blake
Hero/Villain?: Hero
Super Power: Ability to pass through solid matter, and for it to pass through him, although has been known to do so accidently or without realising as he is yet to master this. The same goes for his invisibility although he has just about perfected control over, and the manipulation of, plasma. The latter two powers are affected by fatigue and don't work so well under extreme tiredness, if at all.
How you got your super power?: Connor spent a night in a supposedly haunted house after losing a dare when he was 13. He woke up the next morning with his hair turned to white and strange ghost-like powers. He has no idea where they actually came from but that was when it started.
Brief Bio:Connor led a pretty average life up until the incident with a reasonable unbringing, having had both parents present as well as a younger sister. He has only just joined the academy as he wasn't even aware of its existence up until recently and is excited about the possibility of learning to use and control the power he has up until now struggled to keep hidden (having explained his hair as some sort of sudden abnormality). He has a cheeky sense of humour and a bright personality but can be a little rash when he wants to be.

Headshot

Body shot

Sorry about the picture quality, or lack of, but bare with me! I had wanted to get better ones but the computer with my sim stuff is all but deceased (I'm using a spare from my dad).
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 6:37 AM
Ooh, I've been thinking about joining, so i may be back with an App.

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 10:53 PM
This looks cool... I've never RPed before, but I might join. Question, though -- when you say "tasks" that we can vote on and that will determine who graduates first, what kind of tasks do you have in mind? Like... contest-type tasks, with pictures and such? Answering questions? I don't mean I want to know everything beforehand, I'd just like a general idea.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 4:41 PM
Tasks would be contest type, but they won't nescessarily require pictures. It will probably be a situation I as GM set up, and people have to put together one RP post. Whoever's charachter does the best would get voted for. If you and JOFL both apply, then I think we'll (finally) have enough people to start, and I'll have it be the first day of term.

Also, i edited the application requirements to just be a single picture.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 5:07 PM
Default Maryana Magdala- App
Name: Maryana Magdala
Super Power: Communes with machines (Can control any machine, can give them sentience for short periods of time, excellent computer skills)
Super Hero or Villian? Super Villain
How did you get your powers? She ran away from home when she was seven and stayed in a bicycle factory for three days. While there the lead paint changed her cell structure to be more machine than human, regardless of her appearance.
headshot:
bodyshot

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 6:49 PM
Name: Star Fire
Super Power: Able to produce a green light (her power) to blow back enimies, she can also run very fast
How you got your super power: She went swimming in thsi creek when she was 5 and she she had her powers ever since
Brief Bio (if how you got your super power doesn't cover it): Lond redd hair, green eyes the same colour as her powers, about a head taller than normal teen height.
Sorry i cannot do a single picture i need a pic for the face and then the clothes. Sorry.
And also sorry, but my pictures are links.
Face and hair: https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/imag...g_starfire4.jpg
Body and clothes: https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/imag...ots_closeup.jpg
I hope i get in! :c)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 10:34 PM
Saggatarius Thank you for the app, I will add you to the list now.

Also, due to my own qualms with copyright law, I am going to have to clarify that characters must be original. Your character is jsut shy of being a star fire from teen titans clone, and I want you to confirm that your RP character is not the same character as teen titans. Also, a bio is a history, not a physical description. Thats what the pics are for .

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 3:21 PM
okay........give me a few days
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 4:56 PM
Name: Milly Black

Super Power:

How you got your super power: Milly was just having an ordinary shower when the radio said that everybody should not take a shower for a while because there is toxic acid and it could do strange things to you, Milly wondered what they could be so she took a shower and the rest is...super powers

Brief Bio (if how you got your super power doesn't cover it): Her mother gave birth to Milly on an allyway she then dumped her into a dusbin, Charlie, who was in his late teens at the time came across her as he was dumping the garbage from the restaraunt he working in, he took her in and she is still with him. Then he noticed how powerful she was and sent her of the the academy.

Headshot: Headshot:

Bodyshot:

Sorry i was in a starfire mood when i made starfire, i am hoping Milly will get accepted
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 5:11 PM
Both are accepted... I just want you to fix the first one...

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 11:41 AM
what first one? I don't want starfire anymore, MIlly is mine! Starfire is going in the bin
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 4:50 AM
Default May Zill
Name: May'Anthuxia Zill'Ebbe - But most people call her May Zill.
Hero/Villain?: She hasn't decided yet
Super Power: Telekinesis
How you got your super power: May was born with her powers, as all Zillebbians are.
Brief Bio: May was born on planet Zill'Ebbe, as her mother and father were. At the age of two, her parents moved to Earth, and May was raised on the planet. When her parents found out Telekinesis was considered a super power on Earth, they sent May to the academy.
Picture:

(Hopes she gets accepted)
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 4:38 PM
Um, could you PM me if she's accepted or not?
Thanks!
#16 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 5:17 PM
Rixy, This RP thread was open 5 months ago - I don't think the owner intends on starting the RP sorry.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 9:24 PM
Rixy: She is accepted
Swiftsign: I am still willing to open this up, but I don't think that soemthing like this can get very far off the ground when the only participants are the host (a very busy person), Mikoyo80 (who's transient at best, no offense) and new RPers. I'm sure that Rixy and Black_Barook are perfectly good RPers, and I have boundless faith in human adaptability, which is relevant for LostSaggitarius, but five people, two of which are known to be transient RPers, and the rest new, are not what I consider a good time to start an RP.

I want to wait until I have people, people whom I know will get the RP off the ground, before I open it. People aren't very likely to join an RP that hasn't begun in 5 months of being open yes, but this isn't the sort of thing that can be done with 5 players, and I think that the chances of someone joining an RP that hasn't begun is greater than the chances of people bulling into RPs.

Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 7:26 PM
Since there seems to be no professors, I think I'll make one...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 10:56 AM
Wow! i came here 3 moths ago and the rp still hasn't started. Freaky
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 1:20 AM
Saggitarius: As I have stated repeatedly, I am not going to start the RP until some people join who I think will actually keep it afloat. Active, intelligent RPers. It is not freaky that I have not wavered in that opinion, its simple good sense.
Also, when you came in here 3 "moths" ago, the RP had been posted for three months and not started. In this sort of thing, 3 is indistinguishable from 6, and thus I do not see why you are surprised, nor why you call my management "Freaky" (note lack of period)

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 3:22 AM
Hello everyone. I am officially closing this RP because I would like to start a new one and its been nine months. The rules say I can't have more than one open RP, so this one shall go to the metaphorical graveyard of uninterested RPs. Thanks to everyone who applied.