Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 4:06 PM Last edited by awiiin : 12th Apr 2011 at 4:33 PM.
Default Hayley Williams of Paramore
This is the first time I ever create a look-alike sim, and I got some problem with tweeking her face. Can someone help me, please? I would appreciate it a lot.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 4:23 PM
Is it me or are there no pictures?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 4:28 PM
I uploaded some pictures, but I have no idea of why they don't appear. :3
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 6:47 PM
Great start! Nostrils a little higher and/or nose tip pointed down a bit. Make the chin a little more square. She looks really good! (Do you have a color photo to compare eye and hair colors?)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 9:16 PM
Changes:
- Nose
- Chin
- Eyebrows

I lowered the eyebrows a bit and followed your advices. Thank you so much, SimmyNR!
And sure, I have some coloured pictures but I'm not sure if they are good enough for comparing... :/
Screenshots
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 1:01 AM
She is very good!
Just an idea: what do you think to change the eyes to other with a bit small iris?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 6:52 PM
Thank you so much for the idea, Monca533!
I couldn't choose between these eyes... Can anyone give me suggestions, please?
Screenshots
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#8 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 8:25 PM
The middle set of eyes looks best to me :-) I love Hayley Williams' voice. She's a very talented artist.

She's a beautiful sim, and if you're planning to upload her here, you need to have a full face-on picture with a neutral expression for comparison.

That's the best way to get her features right, and also the best way to get proper feedback.

I'm happy to see you using in-game comparison sim pictures!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 8:42 PM
Well, first of all: Thank you so much! I really appreciate it a lot! :D
I have huge problems with finding a neutral picture on Hayley, because she is smiling on probably all the pics. I'll go and se if find a better picture on her, thank you once again!
Scholar
#10 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 1:26 AM
I think the middle set fits very well on her.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 6:41 AM
Thank you!
I'll keep the middle set of eyes.
Well, I found some better pics on Hayley. What do you think now?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 12:42 PM
She's lookin' gorgeous! I quickly recognize her. Neat job!

But I have few suggestions to give you:
- Try to up her nosetip a bit.
- Her eyebrows need to be a lil bit more 'curvy'.
- Im not quite sure.. but I guess her cheekbones are a little too big. :/

That's all I can see now. You've done it so good I have a hard time looking for the differences. Keep up!

"Let go of the past and go for the future. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined."
Henry David Thoreau
retired moderator
#13 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 2:48 PM
I agree with rhadrio's suggestions.

And she's so close! It seems you've really done a great job on the shape of her jaw and length and width of her face. Her mouth looks really close, too.

Her chin needs to be rounded.

Make her nosebridge wider.

Her lower eyelids on your sim are more of a flat line than her's in real life, so I think you should move the inner eye corner up a bit, and fool around with the lower apex.

And, I tried to do a line comparison, and I really like the webcam pic for that. However, the Sim's face is tilted down, so any comparisons I might do would be flawed. I Keep harping about pictures, don't I? LOL! Anyway, if you can get a Sim pic face on like the webcam pic, then you'll be off and running!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 4:42 PM
I think I'm going crazy, because some of my most important sliders doesn't work anymore.
Anyone knows how to make them work again? I really don't want to give up on her because I think she is the best sim I ever done... ;(
retired moderator
#15 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 5:01 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 5:09 PM Last edited by awiiin : 14th Apr 2011 at 8:00 PM.
Actually no.
I can't change the inner eye corner and the cheeks...

Edit: I know what wrong now, but I need to find out a good solution. ;/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 8:49 PM
The problem is fixed now so I continued with working with the sim.
Well, first of all I want to thank both of you for the suggestions.
They really made difference! And I change her skin too.
Should I keep this or the other one?
Screenshots
Scholar
#18 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 12:52 AM
Hi!
She is almost there but i have a few more suggestions:
- based on your last post, i can see that the upper lip and the brows could be more thick.
- skintone and face shape are very good.
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 2:34 AM
Cool! Looks like you've shrunk her cheekbones, she's lookin' even more awesome! :lovestruc

But I think her eyebrows is still a tad too low. Try to increase it's height a little bit more.

"Let go of the past and go for the future. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined."
Henry David Thoreau
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 2:07 PM Last edited by awiiin : 15th Apr 2011 at 2:57 PM.
Thank you so much!

Changes:
- Eyebrows
- Upper lip

I made the upper lip thicker and raised the eyebrows a bit.
Then I tried to make the eyebrows thicker, but the result was not so good. :3
The slider didn't let me make them thicker than this.
Screenshots
retired moderator
#21 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 4:05 PM
OMG she's close!

Great work. She's gorgeous.

Lower eyelid: try moving the apex closer to the centre.

Her eybrows need to have more of a rounded arch. I suggest changing eyebrows altogether.

Move the eyes a bit closer together.

Have less of an underlip.

Make jaw slightly less square.

Decrease size of nosetip, turn up a smidge, and slightly increase size of nostrils. You may have to adjust the definition of the nostrils after this.

Less definition of nose.

She really does look great! You're in the final stages now!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 6:38 PM
Thank you so much for that amazing explanation, Simmiller. I knew exactly what I would change. But I don't know... It feels like something is wrong with her, but I can't figure it out what...
Screenshots
Test Subject
#23 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by awiiin
Thank you so much for that amazing explanation, Simmiller. I knew exactly what I would change. But I don't know... It feels like something is wrong with her, but I can't figure it out what...

Personally, I think she's perfect! (sorry for randomly joining in, haha) :D

You did a very, very good job on her! :3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 7:01 PM
Really? Thank you so much! :D
Something that confuses me is that she looks different in every photo, so I don't know which I should choose..
I think that I should do something with her eyebrows, but I want to wait and see what the others say.
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by awiiin
Really? Thank you so much! :D
Something that confuses me is that she looks different in every photo, so I don't know which I should choose..
I think that I should do something with her eyebrows, but I want to wait and see what the others say.

No problem :D
Yeah she does.. that's something to think about there XD
Yeah, more opinions would be best, haha
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: contains useful info & links (sim making)
Page 1 of 5