Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 7:09 PM Last edited by sarasayshi : 23rd Jul 2006 at 7:21 PM.
Default Reinstalling & receiving an error that version is already installed
I uninstalled the Clean Installer lastnight and tried to install the lastest edition but I continue to get the message of:

"A previous version of Sims2pack Clean Installer. You have to uninstall the old version first! Do you want to do this now?"

I click yes and nothing happens. I click no and nothing happens. I rebooted several times and tried again with the same error message.

There is no sign of Sims2Pack on my system. Any suggestions?

I saw on another post someone had the same issue and Simsample suggested
Quote: Originally posted by Simsample
Try removing the registry key and manually deleting any Clean Installer files:
MY COMPUTER\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Sims2packClean Installer

I don't know where the HKEY is located on my pc. It isn't under my computer. I have Windows XP.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 7:28 PM
It is in the system registry; I don't have a tutorial for doing this but I do have a thread which tells you how to remove other registry entries (about half way down the page):
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139059
Follow those instructions to get into regedit and then follow the instructions you quoted above to find the Clean Installer keys to delete.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 7:40 PM
Thanks Simsample. Worked like a charm and we have installed successfully.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 10:30 PM
Thank you so much!
My daughter had somehow moved my Clean Pack Installer to her data disk. When it didn't install on her computer, she deleted the files. All I had left was an empty folder and shorcuts that didn't work.

I had the same error message and also have Windows XP. I've spent a month trying to figure it out on my own. I finally went to the download page and found the forum. I'm so glad you can answer questions here.

This was easy to find and easy to do. It took longer to read the instructions! LOL

Thanks! :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 3:27 PM
Thank you! I also had the problem and your instructions were great!

Karen
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 7:35 PM
Default Another satisfied customer
Same as above. Thank you for keeping me from tearing out all my hair.
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 9:32 AM Last edited by maxi54 : 30th Sep 2007 at 10:24 AM. Reason: To correc information
I can't get Clean Installer to install on my computer at all. The link above no longer brings a person to any information about Sims2PackCleanInstaller -- just to info about uninstalling your game. I previously had the new CI version running quite nicely on my computer, but uninstalled it to check something in an older version. I cleaned out all registry entries, but still cannot get it to re-install. I'm afraid I may be missing a .dll file, or something. The message I keep getting after installing is "Sims2Pack Clean Installer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I even re-downloaded the .exe in case my old one had corrupted. I'm totally at a loss. Any suggstions? Thanks in advance.

ETA: I realized that after a recent re-format, that Microsoft NET Framework 1.1 hadn't been put back in my computer. DOH! Now Clean Installer is installing as it should. :-)

Max
Instructor
#8 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 4:46 PM
I had this exact problem this morning -- and your clear instructions help me get this most necessary program installed.

THANK YOU for this progrm and this forum!!!

pureheart
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 7:37 AM
I have same problem but I went to read in the link : http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...me_Help:Install.
This is too much information and hard to follow then I just want to understand more simple how uninstall sims2pack Clean Installer that's all thanks
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 10:41 PM
Default Help!
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It is in the system registry; I don't have a tutorial for doing this but I do have a thread which tells you how to remove other registry entries (about half way down the page):
Follow those instructions to get into regedit and then follow the instructions you quoted above to find the Clean Installer keys to delete.

I did exactly what the forum said and its said that It had an error deleting the keys I don't know what else to do please help
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 8:35 PM
Did you delete these registry keys:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=217787
Or a different key? What was the error message exactly?
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

THANKS soooo much. I was able to reinstall the Sims2pack Installer by going into regedit and delete the old registry keys for a previous version of the Sims2pack Installer. I can use my sims2packs again. YAY!
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 6:54 AM
Default Clean Installer issues with Windows Vista
How do I do this with Windows Vista? I have had so many problems with this program!
Site Helper
#14 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 9:52 PM
If you can't figure out how to edit your registry, you could always try one of the registry cleaners that are available. The Sims2Wiki recommends CCleaner:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...egistry_utility