Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#76 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 4:37 AM
hello i've been planning on doing this! I just need to fix pose player from crashing my game and I will be totally in!
-in fact I already wrote my story!
I'm excited!<3
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MeatCake
hello i've been planning on doing this! I just need to fix pose player from crashing my game and I will be totally in!
-in fact I already wrote my story!
I'm excited!<3

Hey, look, someone to snack on? You don't need that ear, do you?

Just kidding! Welcome! So looking forward to having another participant!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#78 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 2:59 AM
I imagine there'll be a splurge of entries in the last day as people are just taking advantage of the extra time
Forum Resident
#79 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 1:11 PM
I have a REALLY bad feeling, I am not going to make this on time. I am sorry Heaven..... Put me down for EJ? Or I could try play catch up GAH what to do. I will only have Thursday to hunt for cc and make chars and then write story and take pics.... seems so minuscule.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
The other one
#80 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 2:32 PM Last edited by missroxor : 3rd Jul 2012 at 2:51 PM.
Weee, I thought long and hard about it last night and think I have a rough outline for my plot. Still gotta figure out my character's personalities and all the details though but I'll have a whole 12-hour flight to think about it tomorrow! lol Might be short on time by the time I get back to my own computer (don't even have a laptop with me to start writing it out :/ ) so I don't know if I'll manage all the pics. Can I still enter without the minimum pics if I'm happy to take a point deduction?

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Forum Resident
#81 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 11:47 PM
LOL YAY MISS XX I miss you lots!

Site Helper
#82 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 3:14 AM
LadyAwesome, you can do the character planning and get ideas for the pictures while you are on the plane. It's only the final picture taking and writing that you need to be at the computer for.

My internet keeps going down, but I'll have an entry as soon as these storms allow me to

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAwesome
I have a REALLY bad feeling, I am not going to make this on time. I am sorry Heaven..... Put me down for EJ? Or I could try play catch up GAH what to do. I will only have Thursday to hunt for cc and make chars and then write story and take pics.... seems so minuscule.

Oh man, I hope you can figure it out. It just won't be complete without you. But I love you anyway and won't hold it against you. We'll just see how it goes from here.

Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Weee, I thought long and hard about it last night and think I have a rough outline for my plot. Still gotta figure out my character's personalities and all the details though but I'll have a whole 12-hour flight to think about it tomorrow! lol Might be short on time by the time I get back to my own computer (don't even have a laptop with me to start writing it out :/ ) so I don't know if I'll manage all the pics. Can I still enter without the minimum pics if I'm happy to take a point deduction?

You can enter without the minimum pictures, if you have no other choice. Make those flight attendants give you a notebook and pen to write your story like back in the good ole days!

This goes for everyone however, I want to stress for anyone that this will end with a point deduction. If this happens, there also needs to be a VERY good reason why and myself and the judges need to be notified PRIOR to the deadline. Also, if 2 chapters are submitted without pictures, any entrants will be disqualified. This is a sims competition after all and, without the pictures, it just becomes a writing contest.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#84 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 6:51 AM
I am going to Get in as much as possible, I have my game rolling/ hacks everything downloaded.... now going in game eeeep.

Site Helper
#85 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 1:52 PM
I finally got my pictures uploaded with no more power outages/internet outages!

I'm putting my entry in spoiler tags as well, to be kind to those with slow internet connections. That seems like a good idea, and I rather wish that I had thought of it myself.

Word count 1456
CC: Cmar's ear sliders, Sim Transformer, euphoria skin, Legend Isle Lyonesse world.
Plot point: Makeover
Excerpt: Bless your soul; you've got your head in the clouds.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
#86 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 7:54 AM Last edited by Viva1994 : 6th Jul 2012 at 12:57 AM. Reason: adding missing info
*looks around* Oh wonderful! I appear to be the only one in here using TS2... Prepare for nostalgia folks!

Hero Subtype: The Atoner
Prompt: The Cake was a Lie
Custom Content?: Yes. Most notably a usable sword (that may be used later on ;]) and bite marks.
Side Kick?: Check
Word Count: 1,491
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 1:31 PM
Ghost_sdoj and Viva1994, both entries have been added to the table. Also, Viva1994, welcome to the forums! Just one thing...can you add your word count, pretty please? :D

Scholar
#88 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viva1994
*looks around* Oh wonderful! I appear to be the only one in here using TS2... Prepare for nostalgia folks!

Well, if we're going to be honest, I would've used TS2, as it's my main game. But my only neighbourhood is on a strict rotation and waaaaaaay too large to keep on with the contest timelines. I flatout refused to mess up the system in Pleasantview over a contest, so off to TS3 it was! :P

(That and I have SO MUCH CC in TS2 it isn't even funny... Whereas I have pretty much nothing in TS3 because I never play).
Test Subject
#89 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 6:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Forever Camp
Well, if we're going to be honest, I would've used TS2, as it's my main game. But my only neighbourhood is on a strict rotation and waaaaaaay too large to keep on with the contest timelines. I flatout refused to mess up the system in Pleasantview over a contest, so off to TS3 it was! :P

Haha, Pleasantview is my main neighbourhood as well! Except that instead of rotations I use a collage list to determine what household gets played. I'm sure my neighbourhood is actually quite young in comparison, the largest legacy has generation three growing up. I even used some legacy Sims in the story, an entire family is featuring later on... :D

T'would be happy Heaven: Word Count: 1,491. (I was horrendously over said word count for the longest time. Bleh.) I'm so happy to finally have an excuse to come on to the forums!

Is it normal to be this excited! It's my first time showing anyone anything about my game. Man, I am so pumped!
Site Helper
#90 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 7:00 PM
Yes, it's perfectly normal to be this excited. XD

I get really excited every time I enter a contest. (Even when I'm consistently running in last place, and everyone else is dropping out. )

Scholar
#91 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 7:42 PM
Haha, yeah, my Pleasantview's slightly older - I'm in the middle of Generation 4 and 5 being born. Generation 2 should be pretty much all dead or close to by the end of this rotation.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 9:04 PM
Viva1994, I am so happy that you are excited and using this contest to venture out further. I love newbies for breakfa...er, contestants because everyone is so sweet and eager. Yeah, that's it.

Also, just edit your round post to add the word count in there so when judges are tallying up each entry, they don't have to look for a separate post to find that. I may or may not be writing a story for this contest to go with yours. I just ordered a new computer that should be here sometime next week so we'll see what happens when it gets here. Technically, it is my birthday present so I should probably be a good girl and not open it until August. But, that's just so far away!

Field Researcher
#93 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 1:06 AM Last edited by Qnshr5 : 7th Jul 2012 at 7:33 PM.
Default Round 1
Okay. Despite having suffered a slight concussion this weekend from a brutal laser tag battle in which I bravely fought off the enemy and was wounded gallantly saving the innocent lives of many (...or I ...errrr... ran into a wall... ), I have emerged triumphant with chapter 1 of my story. Yipppee!!!

Word/Pic Count: 1477 words/14 pictures
Event/Theme: Heaven Forbid
Round Excerpt: “God knows I'm tough enough...”
CC Used: Skin, hair
Bonus: Sidekick

-
Test Subject
#94 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 1:13 AM
Aiieehh XD Totally not scared off here. Actually, I'm perfectly fine with being breakfast meat for the elder posters, so if you want to tear something off, my appendages await! Just be kind and leave something for me to type with...

ForeverCamp: Yeah you see, the killing off part is the thing that I can't really get around to, because my game is so dependant on children cycling, my few retirement homes usually get neglected. It's just a shame that my favourites die first, you know I'm actually looking forward to Sims 3 in that way, I'm just waiting for the game to be a little more well developed before I jump in.

Ghost: I like small contests, they be friendlier.
Scholar
#95 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 4:53 PM
But if we eat Viva now, what will we snack on for the REST of the contest?

Seriously, though, Viva, welcome to the forums. We're aren't (usually) cannibals.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 1:41 AM Last edited by waterjay : 9th Jul 2012 at 1:43 PM.
Default Round 1: Day Thirteen...

Word Count: 1195 words.
Custom Content: Yes, I used too many. Deduct the 1 point! :P
Plot Point: Kidnapped.
Bonus: Amanda
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 1:41 AM
Sorry guys, I have no idea about how to use spoiler thingy. Any help is very appreciated! Thanks :P
Interstellar Traveler
#98 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by waterjay
Sorry guys, I have no idea about how to use spoiler thingy. Any help is very appreciated! Thanks :P

The tags are [ spoiler=*insert text here* ] [ /spoiler ]

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Test Subject
#99 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 2:02 AM
Waterjay: The spoiler tags are just [ spoiler ] at the beginning, and [/ spoiler] at the end of the second you don't want spoiled (spaces removed)... there's a little html magic for ya.

ForeverCamp: Thanks! Oh how it's nice to finally see the sun after all this lurking!
Scholar
#100 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 2:21 AM
Since Heaven said we had up until the end of the round to edit I fixed up a few things in my entry, mostly just two parts where the wording was weird and one paragraph that I absolutely hated so I re-wrote it to hint at something else.

Just thought the judges should know.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress

Page 4 of 15